(SUPERCASH ECONOMY!!! ) Mobikwik revenue DOUBLED

(SUPERCASH ECONOMY!!! ) Mobikwik revenue DOUBLED

167°
Missing
Deal Subedar
25
2609
31

Revenue DOUBLED but LOSSES INCREASES to 200CR from 132
But where has the SUPERCASH that MOBIKWIK USERS are being LOOTED by changing RULES gone

Mobikwik has doubled its revenue to Rs 85.6 crore in 2018 against Rs 44.3 crore in 2017, even though losses piled up 51 per cent to Rs 200 crore against Rs 132 crore in the same period

https://m.economictimes.com/industry/banking/fi...

21 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
110
830
18

Further the company also made disclosures that its co-founders Singh and Upasana Taku earned Rs 2.15 crore each during the reported year.

I donated 20k supercash to these beggars biggrin

Missing
Deal Subedar
25
2609
31
makeourdeal wrote:

Further the company also made disclosures that its co-founders Singh and Upasana Taku earned Rs 2.15 crore each during the reported year.

I donated 20k supercash to these beggars biggrin

Well done BRO

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
30
3738
27

Gone are the frothy days when a startup was judged by its GMV. Only unicorns are the exception now – here also investors evaluating revenues and expected profitability.
For the rest of the crowd of struggling startups; its downhill without a successful business model; and rightly so.
Mobikwik numbers are not flattering at all. The year of supercash gave them +al 40 Cr revenue and +70 Cr expense. Finally this is proof to skeptics that supercash was v lucrative for looters for almost a year 😎
Edit – Supercash rules became stifling April 2019 onwards… So you’ll see the effect for FY19… Look out for lesser losses but also lesser revenues going forward..

Missing
Tech Guru
1,551
4310
135
makeourdeal wrote:

Further the company also made disclosures that its co-founders Singh and Upasana Taku earned Rs 2.15 crore each during the reported year.

I donated 20k supercash to these beggars biggrin

I donated rs 400.. flushed

Missing
Tech Guru
1,551
4310
135
Meditate wrote:

Gone are the frothy days when a startup was judged by its GMV. Only unicorns are the exception now – here also investors evaluating revenues and expected profitability.
For the rest of the crowd of struggling startups; its downhill without a successful business model; and rightly so.
Mobikwik numbers are not flattering at all. The year of supercash gave them +al 40 Cr revenue and +70 Cr expense. Finally this is proof to skeptics that supercash was v lucrative for looters for almost a year 😎
PS – Supercash rules became stifling April 2019 onwards… So you’ll see the effect for FY19… Look out for lesser losses but also lesser revenues going forward..

I highly doubt it, I think they were giving business incentives to get in the door with a lot of goodies.. People used it thinking it was something new before realizing it was a game. So revenues went up but so did losses.. Ofcourse now revenues will drop and the losses will also be far lower.. But is is not a sustainable business.. Unlike Paytm who has ali to help them along and looks like they will give a run for the money to amazon.. phonepe and google pay etc are already dead.. but their backers will keep it alive..

Paypal due to their size and global reach will still do well.. If people deal internationally thats the only deal in town and people will keep it to use it inside as well.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
30
3738
27
Expand
alienteck wrote:

I donated rs 400.. flushed

Earlier sc was freely redeemable so Rs.400 expiry wud hurt I agree. Supercash of Rs.400 in today’s avatar is worth only Rs.20 bro. That’s bcoz only 5% is usable. So uve lost out Rs.20 don’t feel too bad 🙂 Cheers
Cc @makeourdeal

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
30
3738
27
Expand
alienteck wrote:

I highly doubt it, I think they were giving business incentives to get in the door with a lot of goodies.. People used it thinking it was something new before realizing it was a game. So revenues went up but so did losses.. Ofcourse now revenues will drop and the losses will also be far lower.. But is is not a sustainable business.. Unlike Paytm who has ali to help them along and looks like they will give a run for the money to amazon.. phonepe and google pay etc are already dead.. but their backers will keep it alive..

I’ve used sc from day one (bahut maze loote for more than a year) – in a nutshell this is what happened: they brought this as a loyalty concept wanting to retain all customers… what actually happened is most were disgusted and left… so they kept sweetening offers… but this couldn’t get back old users, nor did it attract too many new users… only the minority of existing users that hung on got lion’s share… so double whammy for Mobikwik… users decreased… but losses ballooned 😛

Missing
Tech Guru
1,551
4310
135
Expand
Meditate wrote:

I’ve used sc from day one (bahut maze loote for more than a year) – in a nutshell this is what happened: they brought this as a loyalty concept wanting to retain all customers… what actually happened is most were disgusted and left… so they kept sweetening offers… but this couldn’t get back old users, nor did it attract too many new users… only the minority of existing users that hung on got lion’s share… so double whammy for Mobikwik… users decreased… but losses ballooned 😛

If it was that good why did they leave?

I think paytm knows they are being looted but allow it to an extent to keep these people. The more looters the more people they bring in and follow through from others thinking they can also do the same.. This syndrome happened in the US with Afghanistan where the corruption is so much that hundreds of people made billions and millions of people depend on it for their living.. Its very similar but on a scale that is not possible by anyone else.. The main problem with this is it has corrupted the entire country by now. The most corrupt now runs the country and have no ethics.. The big companies like the most successful armies were always run by the most ruthless and most arrogant but the average people were different.. but not now..

On the other hand we have the likes of smedly butler and george patton and the most successful Russian general Georgy Zhukov.who defeat the nazi’s.. All had ethics and morals and loyalty.. They all only got to be far below their capabilities.. Unlike those who were ruthless who were far above them like stalin or general mcarther.. So ethics and loyalties and such does limit your potential.. But its not a fun place to live in such a culture.. Where paranoia turns into a confrontation for almost anything..

If success if what you are after then anything is allowed as long as you can control it. Limiting it means far slower growth and time.. From the look of things most want to bring in venture capital and then cash in and leave.. Not caring if what they built is worth it.. Best example if FB where every developer they bought has now left..

Missing
Deal Subedar
25
2609
31
Expand
alienteck wrote:

If it was that good why did they leave?

I think paytm knows they are being looted but allow it to an extent to keep these people. The more looters the more people they bring in and follow through from others thinking they can also do the same.. This syndrome happened in the US with Afghanistan where the corruption is so much that hundreds of people made billions and millions of people depend on it for their living.. Its very similar but on a scale that is not possible by anyone else.. The main problem with this is it has corrupted the entire country by now. The most corrupt now runs the country and have no ethics.. The big companies like the most successful armies were always run by the most ruthless and most arrogant but the average people were different.. but not now..

On the other hand we have the likes of smedly butler and george patton and the most successful Russian general Georgy Zhukov.who defeat the nazi’s.. All had ethics and morals and loyalty.. They all only got to be far below their capabilities.. Unlike those who were ruthless who were far above them like stalin or general mcarther.. So ethics and loyalties and such does limit your potential.. But its not a fun place to live in such a culture.. Where paranoia turns into a confrontation for almost anything..

If success if what you are after then anything is allowed as long as you can control it. Limiting it means far slower growth and time.. From the look of things most want to bring in venture capital and then cash in and leave.. Not caring if what they built is worth it.. Best example if FB where every developer they bought has now left..

Well said but with lot of complicated biased explanation but where are LOYAL MOBIKWIK USERS OF SUPERCASH I couldn’t find them to boast they are running the SHOW OF LOOTING OR BEING LOOTED

Missing
suspended
142
496
14
Expand
alienteck wrote:

If it was that good why did they leave?

I think paytm knows they are being looted but allow it to an extent to keep these people. The more looters the more people they bring in and follow through from others thinking they can also do the same.. This syndrome happened in the US with Afghanistan where the corruption is so much that hundreds of people made billions and millions of people depend on it for their living.. Its very similar but on a scale that is not possible by anyone else.. The main problem with this is it has corrupted the entire country by now. The most corrupt now runs the country and have no ethics.. The big companies like the most successful armies were always run by the most ruthless and most arrogant but the average people were different.. but not now..

On the other hand we have the likes of smedly butler and george patton and the most successful Russian general Georgy Zhukov.who defeat the nazi’s.. All had ethics and morals and loyalty.. They all only got to be far below their capabilities.. Unlike those who were ruthless who were far above them like stalin or general mcarther.. So ethics and loyalties and such does limit your potential.. But its not a fun place to live in such a culture.. Where paranoia turns into a confrontation for almost anything..

If success if what you are after then anything is allowed as long as you can control it. Limiting it means far slower growth and time.. From the look of things most want to bring in venture capital and then cash in and leave.. Not caring if what they built is worth it.. Best example if FB where every developer they bought has now left..

Everyone secretly loves the rule breaker, the unethical one. All crying foul of Ambani would secretly aspire to be that rich, but they know themselves nobody can get that bloody rich by playing fair. Rest is just a show they put to fool others and themselves to an extent.

Missing
Deal Subedar
25
2609
31
Expand
Question wrote:

Everyone secretly loves the rule breaker, the unethical one. All crying foul of Ambani would secretly aspire to be that rich, but they know themselves nobody can get that bloody rich by playing fair. Rest is just a show they put to fool others and themselves to an extent.

Rules are there to be broken
Rules aren’t flexible so they are based on FACTS & PRINCIPLES but when the FACTS change RULE BREAKING is Just a matter of time & creative thinking people

Missing
suspended
142
496
14
Expand
dranupt wrote:

Rules are there to be broken
Rules aren’t flexible so they are based on FACTS & PRINCIPLES but when the FACTS change RULE BREAKING is Just a matter of time & creative thinking people

I agree bro, all I am saying is most people want to be the rule breakers and be successful. But only a few succeed and when rest fail they wear a mask and say what the successful one did was unethical.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
30
3738
27
Expand
alienteck wrote:

If it was that good why did they leave?…

Interesting. Ur a pro at history bro – i’m quite the opposite ( in history and a lot of topics!) so I think it wud be wise for me not to comment 🙂

Re: ur q, sc as I said was a loyalty concept brought in abruptly – cudnt utilise it fully in 1 txn – rather can utlilise in few future txns… think of it as a snowball down a hill – initial effort would be there but then the momentum wud make it roll on auto pilot mode… Most were pissed off by the without warning rule change so bailed out at the start…“to teach mobikwik a lesson” and to be fair no one anticipated Mobikwik sweetening offers as time went by… the fence sitters remained on sidelines as they feared that they would jump in and rules would be adversely changed again … and the minority of existing users continued to “loot” in DD lingo… Actually this fits the bill in terms of a classic case study of behavioural economics – when have the time do a little poking into old threads, Mobikwik news archives, etc 🙂

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
30
3738
27
Expand
dranupt wrote:

Well said but with lot of complicated biased explanation but where are LOYAL MOBIKWIK USERS OF SUPERCASH I couldn’t find them to boast they are running the SHOW OF LOOTING OR BEING LOOTED

I’m one of them. But not loyal.

Used Mobikwik a lot when they were throwing unbelievable offers. As I mentioned earlier for almost a year… then rule changes became unattractive so use very little now – you can say I use only when there are no better offers by others

Never intending to sound boastful. Cheers

Missing
Deal Subedar
25
2609
31
Expand
Question wrote:

I agree bro, all I am saying is most people want to be the rule breakers and be successful. But only a few succeed and when rest fail they wear a mask and say what the successful one did was unethical.

Unethical is binded by PRINCIPALS if although unethical but IS BOUND TO FULFILL PRINCIPALS its OK to break a rule & be unethical
For example
Wearing HELMET is ethical/rule following/principal
But to demonstrate (what could happen if it’s not wearing HELMET) one can UNWEAR HELMET in BROAD DAY LIGHT to Act like being INJURED, in an ROAD TRAFFIC accident is totally RULE BREAKING /UNETHICAL but to hardliners to understand the principal its good

Missing
Tech Guru
1,551
4310
135
dranupt wrote:

Check this link LOYAL MOBIKWIK CUSTOMER OF SUPERCASH are trying to find trick to burn SUPERCASH
https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/...

I dont see what is wrong with it? He earned that and wants to get something out of it. He thought he was getting something.. Like using coupons.. MK just used him to get transactions and bring in VC funding.. The get rich quick scheme..

Missing
Deal Subedar
25
2609
31
Expand
alienteck wrote:

I dont see what is wrong with it? He earned that and wants to get something out of it. He thought he was getting something.. Like using coupons.. MK just used him to get transactions and bring in VC funding.. The get rich quick scheme..

Nothing wrong with that agreed, but frequently tinkering with rules or for that matter goal posts isn’t a fair playbook rule for a healthy institution
Its a sure shot recipe for FAILURE

Missing
Tech Guru
1,551
4310
135
Expand
Meditate wrote:

Interesting. Ur a pro at history bro – i’m quite the opposite ( in history and a lot of topics!) so I think it wud be wise for me not to comment 🙂

Re: ur q, sc as I said was a loyalty concept brought in abruptly – cudnt utilise it fully in 1 txn – rather can utlilise in few future txns… think of it as a snowball down a hill – initial effort would be there but then the momentum wud make it roll on auto pilot mode… Most were pissed off by the without warning rule change so bailed out at the start…“to teach mobikwik a lesson” and to be fair no one anticipated Mobikwik sweetening offers as time went by… the fence sitters remained on sidelines as they feared that they would jump in and rules would be adversely changed again … and the minority of existing users continued to “loot” in DD lingo… Actually this fits the bill in terms of a classic case study of behavioural economics – when have the time do a little poking into old threads, Mobikwik news archives, etc 🙂

I am only like 3 months old smile

So never experienced this.. I dont like rules being changed in the middle.. Because it is always not to your benefit.. So I would not jump in no matter how sweet the offer.. like gpay and phonepe are pretty much dead to me now just like MK.. Learning from history I know I can use it to my advantage for a little while but to me the effort is just not worth the bother and risk.. Same as investing in bitcoins.. Some made a lot of money.. I would nto have minded that.. But coming out of 2009 game of musical chairs where entire countries retirement funds disappeared into black holes.. Such games did not look very pleasant..

Missing
Deal Subedar
25
2609
31
Expand
alienteck wrote:

I am only like 3 months old smile

So never experienced this.. I dont like rules being changed in the middle.. Because it is always not to your benefit.. So I would not jump in no matter how sweet the offer.. like gpay and phonepe are pretty much dead to me now just like MK.. Learning from history I know I can use it to my advantage for a little while but to me the effort is just not worth the bother and risk.. Same as investing in bitcoins.. Some made a lot of money.. I would nto have minded that.. But coming out of 2009 game of musical chairs where entire countries retirement funds disappeared into black holes.. Such games did not look very pleasant..

Well thought out, They aren’t worth the MINDSPACE and by the way they alter our views which may be small but add upto a lot of who we are
At the end of the day MONEY is a part of the puzzle but MONEY ISN’T the WHOLE PUZZLE
After all MONEY can only HELP UPTO an extent beyond such limit, who we are & what we do matter the most

Missing
Tech Guru
1,551
4310
135
Expand
dranupt wrote:

Well thought out, They aren’t worth the MINDSPACE and by the way they alter our views which may be small but add upto a lot of who we are
At the end of the day MONEY is a part of the puzzle but MONEY ISN’T the WHOLE PUZZLE
After all MONEY can only HELP UPTO an extent beyond such limit, who we are & what we do matter the most

Exactly… Although I never paid much attention to money.. But it is important.. I suppose I never got that desperate.. Well I have but never to the point where I had to sell my soul.. Money is something that comes and goes very easily.. It is very hard to keep.. unless you are that certain personality.. But it is always fun to fight for scraps.. And mostly rights.. Not for the sake of money.. But for the sake of my rights..

Missing