times of india and many other sites asking for ...

times of india and many other sites asking for disabling the Adblock

Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Jt
suspended
0
52
110
4

after pause disabling page become too slow
and I hate that

anyway to get rid of that please share

http://timesofindia.indiatime...m/

  • In
  • Expired 2 months before
22 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
Giphy %282%29
Deal Lieutenant
6
219
4802
47

block these websites! https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_twisted.gif

Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
130
9054
53

Use in Firefox

Avatar
Deal Subedar
0
70
1212
17

Already blocked this site and added to filter https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
Better encrypt that website name in desidime once user shared…..boycott these culprits.

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Lieutenant
12
241
4418
58

That’s a good sign, hope more websites do this. I do understand that few websites overlap the whole page with loads of annoying ads but this is their major source of revenue.

You either have to get used to websites eventually implementing subscription services or stop using adblock.

Che smiling1
Deal Subedar
0
116
2186
18
@raghupro wrote:

That’s a good sign, hope more websites do this. I do understand that few websites overlap the whole page with loads of annoying ads but this is their major source of revenue.

You either have to get used to websites eventually implementing subscription services or stop using adblock.


I hate those flash ads. It take one hell of a time to load webpages. I am ok with text and single image ads (Excluding Gif) like the ones they use in forbes, huffington post. TOI is nothing but a revenue generating model. They do no good. Their contents are biased coin.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Lieutenant
12
241
4418
58
@asoka wrote:

@raghupro wrote:

That’s a good sign, hope more websites do this. I do understand that few websites overlap the whole page with loads of annoying ads but this is their major source of revenue.

You either have to get used to websites eventually implementing subscription services or stop using adblock.


I hate those flash ads. It take one hell of a time to load webpages. I am ok with text and single image ads (Excluding Gif) like the ones they use in forbes, huffington post. TOI is nothing but a revenue generating model. They do no good. Their contents are biased coin.

Yeah, sadly some website over abuse usage of ads, NDTV is no different!

Img 20161205 003406
Deal Captain
57
2,059
7888
46
@raghupro wrote:

@asoka wrote:

@raghupro wrote:

That’s a good sign, hope more websites do this. I do understand that few websites overlap the whole page with loads of annoying ads but this is their major source of revenue.

You either have to get used to websites eventually implementing subscription services or stop using adblock.


I hate those flash ads. It take one hell of a time to load webpages. I am ok with text and single image ads (Excluding Gif) like the ones they use in forbes, huffington post. TOI is nothing but a revenue generating model. They do no good. Their contents are biased coin.

Yeah, sadly some website over abuse usage of ads, NDTV is no different!


Check this out..

https://i.imgur.com/YgZPKRr.jpg

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
9
443
3094
72

gadgets 360, midday, india today also same issue
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
76
1652
42

I dont know how it happened so giving all steps I followed:
First disabled Javascript for TOI in Google Chrome Settings
Then opened this: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ms
Then re-enable javascirpt for TOI
Then again opened this: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ms
and Done , Now even with ADP enabled , I am able to use TOI
Try this , and tell me if its works… https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
130
9054
53

If you are using Firefox, follow the below steps. It worked for me.

>Go to filter preferences in adblock, go to custom filter, click on add filter & copy paste the below lines
@@||indiatimes.com/ad$script,domain=indiatimes.com*
@@|http://js.etimg.com/detect...ms*
@@|http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/det...r/*

>Then Also in filter preferences, go to filter subscriptions, click on actions & update all the filters for all adblock filter lists.

It should work now… if not, then restart the browser once. Happy browsing TOI. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/242137/medium/3450300toi.jpg?1480948252

Images
Deal Cadet
0
62
860
9

Ads should not be intrusive.
Poping users with ads and redirecting them is unethical
acceptable ads should not be blocked
One should understand ads are necessary for internet
If each one of us start blocking ads then internet will crash
We get lots of free service in return for viewing ads
PS We should find a middle way out

Che smiling1
Deal Subedar
0
116
2186
18

@gambitrite Is ur pc working 5n ?

Images
Deal Cadet
0
62
860
9
@desidude2013 wrote:

gadgets 360, midday, india today also same issue
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


All news channel are blocking

Images
Deal Cadet
0
62
860
9

What about ad guard and bluehell firewall

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
572
6

Use Anti-Adblock Killer extension or enable it in 3rd party filters in Ublock Origin(Best Adblocker IMO;lowest overhead and unlike Adblocker Plus which has made ads opt-out for the likes of Microsoft, Google etc). This is what I use.
One can also opt for blocking ads using the Hosts file. Hostsman makes this damn easy. For optimal filters Steven Black’s amalgamated list is great. Best for older systems with less RAM due to near-zero overhead compared to traditional adblockers. Disadvantage being less flexibility,not option for selective element blocking and lack of dynamic updates.
Disabling Javascript for the offending websites either manually or using NoScript should do the trick but will break a lot of functionality.
Ads make browsing almost impossible on a 2G connection not to mention being a major source of malware on the web and the substantial resource consumption.
@vivek 7 @desibuddy

Avatar
Deal Subedar
0
70
1212
17
@abcwevr762 wrote:

Use Anti-Adblock Killer extension or enable it in 3rd party filters in Ublock Origin(Best Adblocker IMO;lowest overhead and unlike Adblocker Plus which has made ads opt-out for the likes of Microsoft, Google etc). This is what I use.
One can also opt for blocking ads using the Hosts file. Hostsman makes this damn easy. For optimal filters Steven Black’s amalgamated list is great. Best for older systems with less RAM due to near-zero overhead compared to traditional adblockers. Disadvantage being less flexibility,not option for selective element blocking and lack of dynamic updates.
Disabling Javascript for the offending websites either manually or using NoScript should do the trick but will break a lot of functionality.
Ads make browsing almost impossible on a 2G connection not to mention being a major source of malware on the web and the substantial resource consumption.
@vivek 7 @desibuddy


Before i used “Block site plus” addon in firefox, in which we need to manually add the website ads network link, so i add the frequent visiting ads, so that is pleasant experience without ADS and data savings (yeah in 3G, as well as 2G)

Now switched to ads block plus, due to automatic convenience.

Offtopic:
use redirect cleaner addon too , so you can bypass the redirect from google search..

Photo3.php
Deal Lieutenant
21
625
4184
51
@DealGuru wrote:

@ghitesh wrote:

Solution is here https://github.com/reek/anti-adblock-killer/iss...


for me not working https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


TOI has changed script path from

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/detector/min...
to
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/detect...ms

Block that one also and it should work. Obviously TOI is playing a cat and mouse game.

Funny pictures tumblr gif 2
Deal Subedar
2
94
1110
25

how to block ads on ndtv.com I am using adblock plus, I have disabled adblock plus for ndtv, still every time they ask to remove adblock and then I have to goback to access the page. It’s very irritating as they are asking to disable adblock for each and every page though I have disabled it for them. Some one please let me know how should I block those ads https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif

Images
Moderator
2
214
13526
208
@jaguarfree wrote:

how to block ads on ndtv.com I am using adblock plus, I have disabled adblock plus for ndtv, still every time they ask to remove adblock and then I have to goback to access the page. It’s very irritating as they are asking to disable adblock for each and every page though I have disabled it for them. Some one please let me know how should I block those ads https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif


+1
Many more sites, same problem.

Missing