Hot Deal

TRAI is Pro consumer or anti? Earlier paid 1350 for 3 year Free to air pack +250rs for all hd channels for 1 months ...Now cost is 150rs for 1 month FTA pack +750rs for all HD channels

484°
Deal Subedar
aajtak

Why TRAI made things bad for DIsh consumers.?

39 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

not only dish consumers but also cable tv connections. ealier my connection was 250/month for all channels in sd but now the same is 350/month.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

🥺mine was 150 for all channels now with 250 don’t even have movies hindi english. And cable operators are crooks mofo. Said can’t let customer choose channels. Enjoy what they choose not us.😣

View 1 more reply
Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Wait for jio to expand completely wink

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

It turned out to be good for me. I moved to a basic local language pack which costs less than my previous pack, this serves my parents well. As far as I go, I stopped watching TV toungueout

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

View 6 more replies
Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

These days better to stop using regular tv and take up the subscriptions of various streaming apps and sites, better content available than TV

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

how many subscription for how much paisa?? rolleyes

every other month there is one streaming service popping up! flushed

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Gormit works for corporations not people

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

@tarun456 TRAI policy is an eyewash to extract more money from consumers

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

First used to pay 350 for all channels..
Now paying 410 for Marathi Super Entertainment Pack..
InCable Mumbai..

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

used to pay 400 for all channels

now since Feb march paying 450/- marathi pack Incable mumbai and that too SD channels

what will be effective monthly cost if opted for Tata Sky / Airtel HD channels mumbai loation

View 3 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

It has increased by 40% for me. Earlier, used to pay around 1.3k (for 3 Multirooms) and now paying 1.9k.

Also, I have subscriptions with all major streaming- Hotstar/Sony Liv/Jio/Alt Balaji but the issue is, I rather like to watch stuffs randomly. Channel surfing is my vice as I like to watch 2+ movies simultaneously.

PS: Dont have netflix but download stuff which i fancy (And I binge-watch these with TV on!)

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

It has become more terrible for MultiTV users. I used to get the same all channels package that I had on primary TV to other TVs at just Rs. 240 per month but now I am shelling out Rs. 350/month only for local channels and that too in SD (not HD).

Even I enjoy randomly browsing through the channels which is a pain on streaming services. These streaming services are good only when one wants to watch a particular show or pick up something from recommendations.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Definitely Anti. I’ve already disconnected my Box long back when TRAI screwed our happiness.

Link Copied

I Would Recommend Get A Stable Internet Connection + Firestick And Enjoy Live Tv For Free stuck_out_tongue

All Live Tv Channels + Catch Up + Movies And More.

Now DTH Is Just Not Affordable As They Are Raising The Price Every Now And Then.

I M Very Sure That Soon They Will Attack OTT Services As This Is Making More Business In India With Quality Content.

I Last Used DTH In 2016. Then I Was Using Jio Tv On Mobile And Now On Firestick.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Live TV from hotstar?

View 3 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Used to watch all Paid channels for free on TV , sunglasses
but after this incident happened it stopped working
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/noida/...

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Network fee is too much. 153 rupees even if you watch 1 channel.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Lol someone just woke up apparently!

The minimum increase for your bill with be 30-40%, as long as you’re a Airtel Digital TV user, or D2H or Dish TV consumer. It is slightly benefiting for the Tata sky users only, who were already paying an absurd amount per month to start with, they still do, but just a bit less. So Trai’s focus was on them mainly. To take the pressure off the ultra riches. While common people like us, got raped many times over.

I used to pay 251 PM for all regional channels in HD and all sports channels in HD (along with SD channels also), now i pay 170 rupees for regional SD channels only. Sports channels? Lmfao. To get the same set of channels now, i’d have to shell out at least 400 rupees per month. So like 60% increase there.

Funny for us Airtel users were the annual all channel package, both sd and HD, for 5500 one was able to get all the available channels. Under this offer that is now 12k or more than that.

Only Indian people can be fooled like this. Pay as per channel nonsense eye wash brought by TRAI. Why pay for all channels which you don’t watch when you can select your own channels? Indian people got sold, didn’t even think with their massive brain size the ultimate thing here matters is how much you’re going to end up paying per month! I paid 250 for maybe 100 channels, out of which less than 20 were watched, 80 were useless. Now one have to pay 400 for his/her selected 12 channels, and no useless channels. So big gain right? By paying more and still losing on few of your favourite channels?

Jesus! Do you use your earlobes or nipples every day? Why not cut it off? (Not for women the aforesaid, lol).

Link Copied

Jesus! Do you use your earlobes or nipples every day? Why not cut it off? stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes joy joy ok_hand… KG+ for this line…

Generous Generous
Link Copied

This Sharma ji is “ishmart” like his beta… He made sure that it’s a level playing field were anyone n everyone who wants to watch TV will pay a fee.. that too an expensive one..

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

I have stopped watching tv but have some basic pack for family. I use prime video on firestick.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

OP
to find the answer, search for the words “electoral bonds”

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

TRAI is just a piece of shit….working as a henchman of ambani….whenever ambani brings new service….TRAI comes with some proposal to beat rivals…

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

Normally 20-30 channels are enough for a small family in a month but i can understand some people want all channels even if they don’t watch it, it is just mindset.

So just a suggestion, if you have Android TV then install THOP TV and OREO TV. You will not need anything then and all that for free as of now grinning
Both apps provide all HD Channels, local channels, international channels. Apart from this THOP TV also provides movies and web series of various streaming platforms.
You will only need to pay for internet connection. These apps provide tv channels from 240p to 1080p resolution. 5-10 mbps connection is sufficient for that.

But these apps are 3rd party apps so don’t store or use important info in that TV after installing these. you never know if they have more access than required and steal passwords or other data.

replyuser
Click here to reply