UBER FRAUD

155°
Deal Newbie
abhishekjohn...

➡️ Last sunday i booked a cab from madhapur to shamshad (Hyderabad). I applied a uber gift card and while booking the ride i was not able to choose it as default payment mode so i selected cash.

➡️ When the ride completed the driver showed me the green screen with rs.614 and i paid the amount using paytm.

➡️ As i was in a hurry to catch my flight so i didn’t bother to check my trip details. when i boarded and saw the details, voilaa i was shocked. The bill was of rs. 553.15 and it was already deducted from my gift card.

➡️ I called the driver and told that he charged me the wrong bill but he denied and said he didn’t received any payment from gift credit for the trip.

➡️ I complained uber and they are just copy pasting these lines:

It’s always advisable to pay the amount as per driver’s green screen at the end of the trip. Since the extra amount was exchanged outside the Uber system, we’re unable to make any adjustments.

We understand when you request an Uber you expect it to be hassle-free and seamless.

Your feedback plays an important role in helping us extend a positive and pleasant experience. As previously mentioned, we’ve made a note of your feedback which will help us improve your experience in the future.

We appreciate your understanding.

14 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
  • Sort By
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Finally what happened?

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied

When you select cash as payment, the Uber credits get deducted from the final bill and it should have just shown the remaining amount to be paid if the bill was More than the gift card. In your case it has billed you twice. The Uber system itself must be flawed

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Same happened with me. Uber doesn’t have proper phone support etc

Did not get money back. Chat support Kept telling me you should not have paid driver etc

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Where to find chat support option in Uber..??

And do u have their support email address..??

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Reach via Twitter

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Yes tweet them

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

similar case happened with me on ola app.
I had booked 80 rs ride but chose wrong destination.
when I went inside cab, I realized that I have selected wrong location, so changed it to the correct one.
after completing ride, driver said that new bill (around 120 rs) generated because of change in location and asked me to pay in cash.
so I paid in cash, but later realized that money was also deducted from my wallet as well.
So contacted ola and they replied that I shouldn’t have paid in cash to driver sweat_smile

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Similar thing happened to me while using uber for the first time 2 years ago.
I had applied US coupon for first time user, I took a cab and and my fare was 80+, but the coupon gave me 75 discount and at the end the screen showed ₹5+ as fare, but both were confused, and I paid full 80+.
Since then I look at the drivers screen.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Then what is the best way to use uber credits according to your experience.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

When you have uber credits, it will be auto applied regardless of payment method like Paytm or cash as default.

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Go for cash payment ur coupon will get apllied so d final Amy will be after coupon less amt

replyuser
Click here to reply