urgent help needed

53°
Deal Cadet
hacker96

dimers,needs urgent suggestions.
actually i ordered xiaomi redmi 3s prime on amazon on 22nd jan which was delivered to me on 24th jan.now when i openend the box there was no mobile in the box,even box was not of xiaomi mobile.i immediately contacted amazon and they told to wait for 3 days,,after 3 days i called them again and they said that we will initaiate the refund shortly.now on 2nd feb itself a guy from ats called me and said you have a parcel.after recieving parcel i thought it would be another product from amazon as i regularly purchase on amazon..so i opened that and was shocked to see redmi 3s prime in it..now i called amazon to tell about all this and asked them to cancel my refund if initiated..she said that she cannot cancel the refund and asked me to return the product..but issue is that i have already gifted phone to someone which i cannot take back in any case.
then customer care told me to take mobile as well as refund with me.
now the issue of which i am worried is that can amazon take any action as they would have registered it as lost device and they might do an fir to track the device.
please suggest what should be done..

7 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Waiting comment from some xpert dimers

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Enjoy for now. If they ever call you Ask them put them on email and you pay them accordingly. You keep the record on which the fake product was received and date on which you received original product. So you can produce the same to police official.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

@hacker96

They would definitely have passed the IMEI to the investigation team, but not sure about the future course of action. Mail them stating that you have received the product (date and also give the phone no of the guy who called you for delivery) and tell them you are willing to pay the money through direct transfer or anyway amazon suggests. Don’t speak to them over phone or chat but just mail conversations. If they still insist to keep both you are at no fault. Save the mail and enjoy your free phone.

Something similar happened to me when they had sent a product through India post. It wasn’t delivered for quite a long time and amazon just kept saying that it would be delivered for 3 weeks which didn’t happen. Finally they agreed to refund the amount and the product was delivered after almost 40 days. I mailed them but they said the system can neither accept the return or they can get the money. They don’t have a system of accepting payments other than the payment gateway so they can never take your money. But I kept the conversations just in case they decide to investigate as India post started showing delivered.

Link Copied

Don’t worry call Amazon customer care and tell them that i need to talk to higher customer care executive and tell him all the scenario. If they don’t believe then tell them that “MY PHONE IS BLASTEDhttps://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif Hey one thing – do you have tracing id written on parcel of both packets?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Keep both of them. Amazon India is a mess. I raised a refund for bedsheets which I didn’t open as I could see it was bad quality(low thread count) but they didn’t pick up and after 3 weeks and repeated calls refunded me, I asked them even after refund to pick up the return but the CC said to keep it.

Link Copied

Hota h aisa mere saath bhi hua tha. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif
This is the case where Customer is Loyal but CC is more loyal. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

View 1 more reply
replyuser
Click here to reply