URGENT !! Need a monitor/tv for CCTV setup with hdmi/vga port. (Rs.4000-5000)

74°
Deal Subedar
kool

Hi guys,

I had installed new CCTV with 4 cameras at home last year and attached 8 year old samsung 17" syncmaster FLAT monitor to it. Now this monitor is not working, it gives 1 second runtime and goes to black with power LED ON. If I switch it on/off , it again works for 1second only.

So suggest me a cheapest monitor of any size with these must have features:

1. Mountable
2. Durable for next 3-4 years. (18 hour ON a day)
3. Low power consumption

Should I buy a TV or Monitor for 18 hour per day live monitoring ?

7 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

at 0130 hours → URGENT !! Need a monitor/tv for CCTV
looks like you found some http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/meerut/... coins or jewellery from the Indus Valley era http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report-jewell...
or otherwise have something important or precious going on at home ! https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/269678/medium/347586939.gif?1480965141

though I do not think too highly of AOC as a brand, in a tight budget as yours and for something with at-least (diagonally) 18.5" viewable area (assuming here that you are looking for minimum 19inch screen), AOC could be in your top 3 choices.

I am not suggesting any particular model because i have little exposure to or in-depth understanding of AOC in past decade.

the VA1903A from ViewSonic might just fit your budget and as a brand they are fairly reliable and VFM.
[again, I have no direct idea on the model mentioned above.]

The ViewSonic VA2055SA which still sells in the West is a nicer model albeit not an immediate option as it is way out of your reference range.

All in all most of these electronics, whether a television or a monitor designed for use as a computer display, are of sturdy built and designed to survive continued daily long usage hours.
so, in my view, if longevity is concerned then it should not really matter whether one take a TV or a monitor.
I do think that the additional features and paraphernalia which come with a ‘television’ push the prices up and thus, in present scenario
buying a monitor would be better.

just so if you want; have a look at the following topics and/or tag/pm some of the people from there.
May be they might have some additional relevant pointers or better inputs.
desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/topics/help-needed-in-assembling-new-pc
desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/topics/why-monitors-are-so-cheap-at-international-sites

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

@kool just realised that the D2015H must be available at a pittance to its old price.
and i am 98.98% sure that some National Distributors or Preferred Partner of Dell (or maybe even Dell themselves) must be offering similar price match guarantee feature as they do at home dell.com/pricematch

the reason this flashed in my mind despite being 15-18% more than the upper limit of your reference budget range
is because

the viewing angles on this are fair better on this one, coupled with the anti-glare feature (if it really works right) will make it a worthy choice when the feeds from various channels (CCC) need to be seen simultaneously.

DVI input might be an issue though. since this has a VGA port, one might need those connectors. they come really cheap though.

chatting with Dell India directly or taking quotes from one of their channel partners (some are sellers on-line(=) and using it to haggle with another would help too. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@kool

Got any help? Let me know the status.!
#HappyToHelp

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
@hese wrote:

@kool

#HappyToHelp

Got repaired old monitor for Rs.750 (transformer was burnt). But still need suggestion for new monitor with 18hrx7 days ON mode.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
@kool wrote:

@hese wrote:

@kool

#HappyToHelp

Got repaired old monitor for Rs.750 (transformer was burnt). But still need suggestion for new monitor with 18hrx7 days ON mode.

Bro! Which brand cameras are you using?

I have sorted out to buy these brands
1. CP Plus → Too Costly?
2. HIK Vision
3. Zicom
4. Hi-Focus!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
@hese wrote:

@kool wrote:

@hese wrote:

@kool

#HappyToHelp

Bro! Which brand cameras are you using?

I have sorted out to buy these brands
1. CP Plus → Too Costly?
2. HIK Vision
3. Zicom
4. Hi-Focus!

I have already installed all setup from LEXUS brand from local CCTV shop.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

SpotCam was available on Amazon India for around 12K.

No wiring needed, connects with home wifi router and captures/stores video on cloud.

Has Android App, user can check from remote location; using web browser also.
Has motion detection alert also.

Another option:

http://www.amazon.in/Cleverdog-WorldS-Smartest-...

replyuser
Click here to reply