Hot Deal

Airtel Vodafone Idea to raise service rates from December 2019

737°
Deal Major
desiman

Vodafone Idea to raise service rates from Dec 1 2019

Debt-ridden telecom operator Vodafone Idea on Monday said it will raise mobile services rates from December 1 in the wake of ongoing financial stress.

“To ensure that its customers continue to enjoy world class digital experiences, Vodafone Idea will suitably increase the prices of its tariffs effective December 1, 2019,” Vodafone Idea said in a statement.

The company, however, did not disclose the range or details of the proposed tariff hike.

Vodafone Idea last week reported consolidated loss of Rs 50,921 crore — highest ever loss posted by any Indian corporate – for the second quarter ended September 30, on account of liability arising out of the Supreme Court order in the adjusted gross revenue case.

The Supreme Court last month ruled in favour of the government and directed telecom companies, including Vodafone Idea, to pay dues as demanded by the Department of Telecom.

Vodafone Idea said that now its ability to continue business will depend on reliefs sought from the government and positive outcome of the legal option it has.

“The acute financial stress in the telecom sector has been acknowledged by all stakeholders and a high level Committee of Secretaries headed by the Cabinet Secretary is looking into providing appropriate relief,” the statement said.

Vodafone Idea has around 300 million mobile subscribers.

PTI

https://news.rediff.com/commentary/2019/nov/18/...

flushed

Airtel postpaid and prepaid plan prices to go up from December, company says it has to keep business viable

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story...

86 Comments  |  
31 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I hope this company stays
Ambani nahi to le lega, bsnl ko bhi khareed lega aur airtel ko latka dega

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

now airtel will also change its plans

Pro Analyst Pro Analyst
Link Copied

Expected move !

Link Copied

Master Plan by Amabani…. Already they are loosing subscribers, if they increase tariff i am sure they will start loosing their customers and running the company for nothing. They will start the cost cutting by layoff. once upon a time they steal our money like anything and become profitable now KARMA is back.

Newton’s 3rd Law….

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hare Krishna 🥰🥰🥰🥰.“Vinash Kale Biparit Budhhi.”

View 1 more reply
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Good news. At least better than making the market monopolistic. However, still so unethical business policy. They looted us for over a decade. Didn’t pay taxes. Now to make up their huge loss they are gonna loot us again, oof. I hope the rise in tariff will at least be minimal. Let’s see.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

This is what I was trying to make my friends understand for so long!

Anyways, although there are now three players but still it is a kind of monopoly!
Prices are getting increased and this will be ongoing process.. would be even worse if Voda-Idea is not there sad

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

I just hope they stop random VAS activation giving BS reasons. Now we can expect 10-20% or more rise in tariff otherwise it wont make sense.

Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied
joy joy 49 deducted today from Vodafone . Random VAS activation mode started again

View 7 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

now people will start porting from voda to jio/airtel

Link Copied

do or die decision by voda

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

The move towards duopoly has started.
Soon Vodafone UK will pull out and VoId will be teken over by Airtel to make AVoId a reality. And BSNL will be sold off to Ambani.
Then Ambani and Mittal will together screw the consumers.

Link Copied

Assume old days will be back. I think with new plan. Rs. 10/GB.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

How much increase can we expect?
If it’s about 10%, then it’s time to port all numbers to Jio/Airtel.

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Airtel has also announced the hike.

View 3 more replies
Link Copied

why i have 3000 balance in vodafone and not in Jio cry

Firestorm Firestorm
Link Copied

2400+ balance in idea . Only on band 41 getting good speed (30+ Mbps)

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Airtel also following same,

Hope jio joins them

No Company cannot run on freebies

Link Copied

Add Airtel also in the title..

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

AIRTEL BHI AA AGAYA

Airtel postpaid and prepaid plan prices to go up from December, company says it has to keep business viable

https://www.indiatoday.in/technology/news/story...

stuck_out_tongue
Link Copied

They do contact one another before doing anything like this..! 😋

View 2 more replies
Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied

I have nothing against Airtel if they want to increase the price a little. They have better connectivity and speed than all other providers. I am mostly happy with services provided by Airtel prepaid.

Link Copied

JIO mere laaaaaaaaaaal

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

vodafone – 399 ke two recharge karu to validity 168 days hogi ya 84 days ?

Link Copied

No, its not like Jio.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

thanks

Pro Analyst Pro Analyst
Link Copied

Atleast don’t support jio now ! Else our country will become monopoly in telecom..
Need to bare this temporary price hike to encourage competition else only fixed price with no option.. ! if you’re willing to switch from vod-idea, means go with bsnl or atleast Airtel (no way, need to select best among worst).
#DON’TSUPPORTJIO

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Why? You really think some 100 guys supporting jio here will make Airtel go bankrupt?

Naa. I don’t care about these companies which have looted their own customers who supported them for years. Infact, now that VoId have max consumers (as of Aug 31, 2019; source Wikipedia), they think they’re market leaders and dictating the prices. But that’s not true.

I’ll support the company that provides a better network. If they realize that & charge me 50 bucks more, I’m okay with that, but I’m not okay with dropped calls and near zero speed on 4G.

In my office (central Pune), I sit ~8 mtrs from window, but internet doesn’t work for Idea, Voda and Airtel. If it works, it’s extremely slow. They’re slapping me with half of min 2G data speeds at prices of 4G. Only network that works fine is Jio, with its own issues like it doesn’t work at some points like pantry and conf room. But works just fine at reception area. Works at okay speeds at my desk. Speeds also go to zero at outside chai tapri. Yeah right, on roads also.

Even at my home, I cannot move around when I’m on a call on idea. The call gets dropped on moving from one room to other. I’M NOT OKAY WITH ALL THIS.

So I will support Jio till it is providing me with better quality of service. Moral or business ethics police can run around rubbing sobs, but they were totally absent when these companies looted us & provided 2G grade service for 4G prices.

View 6 more replies
Link Copied

Just imagine if jio removes 399 and all unlimited plans of 1.5 gb per day and the old days be back with 200rs per gb by all operators grimacing
Galat aadhat lagadi jio ne

Link Copied

Waise vodafone idea ke share price dekhe kisine laughing
Increased 107% in just 3 days
Why?
1)Price hike
2)high chances of agr relief
Vodafone says it doubts to continue operations in India as no funds are expected from parent companies and high losses, VoID has also said if govt doesnt provide relief then they will go with insolvency process.
If voda goes with insolvency the banking sector which is already badly hitted will be more severely hitted
Why?
SBI, the country’s biggest lender by asset, is said to have an exposure of Rs 37,330 crore to the two telecom firms. Similarly, HDFC Bank (Rs 24,515 crore), Axis Bank (Rs 17,135 crore), Bank of Baroda (Rs 11,471crore) and Punjab National Bank (Rs 7,318 crore) are also set to take a hit if their exposures turn sour.
Ab socho economy joh pahle hi itni down chalrahi hai usme yeh sab higaya toh govt ka kya haal hoyega isliye shayad se govt ko relief deni padegi
Kuch bhi ho joh lootliye jayenge woh hai tax payers ke paise

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

@chingumboy sir, what’s your opinion?

Link Copied

Actually I am in favor of hikes and wanted it in 2017-2018 also and told that if it is not done we can’t expect quality services. Other factor is Job losses and repayment of loans to banks. Economy can’t be run only with consumer benefit. There should always be a balance.

As per market conditions the hikes will not be big as every operator will then worry of losing customer to Jio or BSNL again as these two won’t fall flat inline in hiking tariffs. Whatever they offer Jio will be lesser than that. The quality which is deteriorating everyday can be addressed only with pumping of money in infrastructure which can then only be done if they atleast get Rs.200/month as ARPU. Trust me we have paid 200 for 1GB and 18000 seconds of calling too. Today many people are earning because of faster download and upload speeds. AVoId got the power to charge as per their wish as other operators were killed in SC order in 2010. But now they have Jio to face which is not going anywhere out of market. So they can’t hike prices to suit their pockets now.

For working people it may not affect much as they had been paying 999 also for unlimited some day. The price hikes bugs non-working youngsters much but then they have routes to save money.

Trust me the customer specific offers will always be there with AVoId like just yesterday Idea offered me 1GB/day @ Rs.59 only for 28 days. I mean just Rs.59. So over the time people will keep getting benefit for lesser amount as Just For You offers.

This hike is very much needed as those who were losing jobs and small retailers whose commision has come to as low as 2% can be compensated over time. Banks who have lend money can expect repayments only if they keep doing business else every company will sink. The purchasing power of customer today is more as compared with 2011-2014 era and 200/month won’t bug anyone. Those whose usage is low like in Tier II and Tier III areas, there will always be smaller plans like before.

Companies have to buy more spectrum and when they won’t have a sizable income they can’t get us good services. Paying Rs.200 for good quality is much better than paying Rs.150 on average and getting nothing.

Those who are much worried about this hike can go for Rs.1699 yearly plans. Within an year competition will rise again and more benefits in terms of data and voice calls will be there.

The fight now will be in no. of GBs and no. of voice minutes. smile

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

good move

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

don’t worry its open market

when 5g comes it Will be whole new game

and things are going to get only better

i m ready to pay extra 100rs per month if they provide broadband like reliable connection and stable Speeds

Link Copied

First read bad effect of 5G on health.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Okay I just recharged in Idea, that too from main balance which was ₹650+😨, so now I don’t have to worry about price hike till April 2020.😄

Link Copied

I got it. They are getting instant funding as customers activating packs using main balance.

View 17 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

They got money way back when I recharged my main balance.

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

does airtel que plan unlimited plans if recharged november end will it que up if the previous plan ends in december

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

only 1 plan can be quede afaik

View 3 more replies
Pro Analyst Pro Analyst
Link Copied

Jio also announced price hike from next month !

replyuser
Click here to reply