Want to downgrade a netbook to xp

Want to downgrade a netbook to xp

133°
Index
Deal Subedar
96
1357
37

I own a asus note book with Celeron Dual Core N4000 2X.1Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 10. with touch screen. but it seems useless to use win 10 with this configuration. so i am thinking to downgrade it to xp. so i can use it for surfing and word processing.
I know i will loose touch screen feature and may be many other drivers will not work.
so i want to backup win10 so i can use if i want it in future.

please suggest me …

23 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
Index
Deal Subedar
96
1357
37
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

What suggestions do you need?

how to backup the current win10 so if anyhow win xp have any problem specially with drivers so i can switch to win 10 back…

Missing
Entertainer
442
6318
77
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

What suggestions do you need?

Gaadi ko bailgaadi banana chahta hai per purje gaadi wale chahiye usse… sad toungueout

Missing
Entertainer
442
6318
77
Expand
romanreigns wrote:

how to backup the current win10 so if anyhow win xp have any problem specially with drivers so i can switch to win 10 back…

Bro u can back win10 using backup s/w like Acronis True Image… but surely u will have problems ’coz of drivers in Win xp… they may simply not install… sad

11111
Super Moderator
198
17180
321

install ubuntu with dual boot. Use win 10 or ubuntu whenever u want as per requirement

Index
Deal Subedar
96
1357
37
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Gaadi ko bailgaadi banana chahta hai per purje gaadi wale chahiye usse… sad toungueout

bro i have a good system but i want to use it for just performing very low resource consuming tasks.

Index
Deal Subedar
96
1357
37
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Gaadi ko bailgaadi banana chahta hai per purje gaadi wale chahiye usse… sad toungueout

bro i have a good system but i want to use it for just performing very low resource consuming tasks.

Missing
Entertainer
442
6318
77
Expand
romanreigns wrote:

bro i have a good system but i want to use it for just performing very low resource consuming tasks.

Bro, why not think on lines of increasing RAM & installing SDD.. u might incur money but system will become sufficient for day to day tasks… My 7yr old compaq is dual core Pentium is running smoothly.

Zsjpjnd
Deal Lieutenant
0
3734
57
Expand
romanreigns wrote:

bro i have a good system but i want to use it for just performing very low resource consuming tasks.

I think “Power Saver” mode will work…

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
516
17

just install linux instead of xp

Cropped 1212623684
Deal Captain
53
7485
44

Yes I can understand Windows 10 need a better hardware to run.
Firstly check if you’re notebook will support XP or not.
You can install Windows 7 instead of XP which might just work well in your notebook.
Go to Asus website and search for drivers of your notebook and keep it downloaded in some other PC.
Also keep the new partition size of C drive between 100 to 120GB for applications to work properly.
Keep backup of all data before making any changes.

Untitled 1
Critic
61
4405
128
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

Bro, why not think on lines of increasing RAM & installing SDD.. u might incur money but system will become sufficient for day to day tasks… My 7yr old compaq is dual core Pentium is running smoothly.

+1

Replace your HDD with SSD and your laptop will fly. Additionally, increase RAM too.

Blackberry logo2
Deal Subedar
439
1835
44

Download elementary os

Missing
Analyst
1
5744
161

If you don’t want to spend on HW upgrade and yet desire a decent experience you need to switch to Linux. I would have suggested Puppy Linux but it can be a little daunting for those new to Linux. You could try Peppermint OS, based on Ubuntu LTS. A review here for the same CPU as yours only with 4GB RAM. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/201... A 2GB stick should be pretty cheap.
P.S. Don’t even think about XP. Last security update was in 2014 at least officially. No modern web browser supports it. Many other applications have dropped support as well.

Missing
Deal Subedar
442
1030
21

Try some light weight linux distro. Prefer XFCE/LDXE version of Linux Mint. 🙂

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1325
39

ubuntu or windows 7 are Best choices

0adb54b33378ab05c450d11f8dd0c7be
Deal Subedar
153
1084
11

Windows 7 will be better as there may be driver issues with xp

75pe
Deal Subedar
243
2877
35

You can’t browse unless you upgrade your ram to 8gb atleast. The chrome ll eat 2gb ram even if it’s idle. So the problem is ram and HDD not windows 10. So no point in downgrading. It won’t help..

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2923
40

Install Xubuntu. Looks and feels like Win XP, works like Linux. Works on relatively low configurations without any issue.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1325
39
Simbha3 wrote:

You can’t browse unless you upgrade your ram to 8gb atleast. The chrome ll eat 2gb ram even if it’s idle. So the problem is ram and HDD not windows 10. So no point in downgrading. It won’t help..

Windows 10 is heavy on graphics.

gpu temperatures are very high vs win 7 on same laptop /pc.

personally tested multiple times.

ram and ssd will definitely help.



4gb ram is sufficient.

Missing
Analyst
1
5744
161
Simbha3 wrote:

You can’t browse unless you upgrade your ram to 8gb atleast. The chrome ll eat 2gb ram even if it’s idle. So the problem is ram and HDD not windows 10. So no point in downgrading. It won’t help..

Yes 2GB RAM isn’t sufficient for web browsing even if one installs a minimal Linux distro which uses only 150-200MB RAM (at par or lower than XP). But Windows 10 is definitely more RAM hungry. On my laptop with 20GB RAM Windows 10 uses between 3.1-3.3GB after a fresh boot. Granted on a 4GB system it would use less ~1.3-1.7GB but it’s still pretty high compared to say Windows 7 nevermind XP.

Missing
Deal Subedar
442
1030
21
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Yes 2GB RAM isn’t sufficient for web browsing even if one installs a minimal Linux distro which uses only 150-200MB RAM (at par or lower than XP). But Windows 10 is definitely more RAM hungry. On my laptop with 20GB RAM Windows 10 uses between 3.1-3.3GB after a fresh boot. Granted on a 4GB system it would use less ~1.3-1.7GB but it’s still pretty high compared to say Windows 7 nevermind XP.

Try Midori. Light weight open source browser for Linux 🙂

Index
Deal Subedar
96
1357
37

Thanks to all for very supportive suggestions…

Missing