Hotness which mobiles don't charge battery once its ful...

Hot Deal which mobiles don't charge battery once its fully charged?

459°
Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174

looking for budget mobile around 5k
mainly for hotspot (24×7) & torrent downloads on mobile but will also occasionally use couple of apps, calls and sms.
will plug it 24×7.
have power fluctuations over here so mobile can provide continuous hotspot via its battery.

87 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
Cropped3574287856799284837
Deal Cadet
56
192
1

Redmi 7A

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163

Redmi 3s,Redmi Note 3. But not Poco F1 unfortunately. You can find more info in the thread that I had referenced earlier.

Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174
LIMBO wrote:

Redmi 3s,Redmi Note 3. But not Poco F1 unfortunately. You can find more info in the thread that I had referenced earlier.

u mentioned only redmi devices. but i dont think all redmi support this feature.
edit. does realme support this?

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

u mentioned only redmi devices. but i dont think all redmi support this.
edit. does realme support this?

I have only mentioned the devices in my possession. Can’t speak about Redmi devices of recent vintage esp. the MTK ones.

Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

I have only mentioned the devices in my possession. Can’t speak about Redmi devices of recent vintage esp. the MTK ones.

any idea does realme support this feature?

Black 01
Deal Lieutenant
0
3951
58
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

I have only mentioned the devices in my possession. Can’t speak about Redmi devices of recent vintage esp. the MTK ones.

How can I know for my device?
4a?

Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174
Expand
161508 wrote:

How can I know for my device?
4a?

@LIMBO better would be any site which has this info for all the mobiles. im unable to find any.

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

@LIMBO better would be any site which has this info for all the mobiles. im unable to find any.

The XDA thread I had alluded to earlier?

Missing
Deal Cadet
25
247
9

Theoretically speaking it not possible for mobile phone. As phone does not have a Standby mode like laptops have. But they have improved in recent year but the process remains the same. Phone charges to the lithium battery and after full charge it blocks the ac power and starts working on dc power, starts discharging again.

This only possible when phone starts using graphine cell or capacitor.

Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

The XDA thread I had alluded to earlier?

its discusses abt the app which needs rooting. if we root few banking apps wont work. so avoiding rooting.

Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174
mantu8201102 wrote:

Theoretically speaking it not possible for mobile phone. As phone does not have a Standby mode like laptops have. But they have improved in recent year but the process remains the same. Phone charges to the lithium battery and after full charge it blocks the ac power and starts working on dc power, starts discharging again.

This only possible when phone starts using graphine cell or capacitor.

few new mobiles like the ones mentioned above does have the req feature but unable to find any site which has this info.

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163
Expand
161508 wrote:

How can I know for my device?
4a?

Yours isn’t rooted, right? Try checking in Ampere. If at 100% charging current and voltage at idle are relatively low then the battery isn’t being charged any further. Apps with root access make it very easy to confirm.

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

its discusses abt the app which needs rooting. if we root few banking apps wont work. so avoiding rooting.

Just get the desired info by going through the comments, duh.

Cropped4037643400146354173
Deal Subedar
2,150
2622
25
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

@LIMBO better would be any site which has this info for all the mobiles. im unable to find any.

Why to bet on mobile phones for this? Do u think its even safe to plug mobile 24*7 that too on a mobile with 5k budget

Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Just get the desired info by going through the comments, duh.

bro im saying the app u said needed rooting but i don’t wanna root because few banking apps don’t work properly on rooted mobiles. so skipping rooting and the suggeted app.

Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

yes i have it slows down Charing after 80% and doesn’t not stop after fully charging.i don’t think such feature even exists in any mobile

few mobiles have it as confirmed by others in the above posts.

Images
Deal Brigadier
73,391
84701
1174
Expand
ayushiVijay wrote:

Why to bet on mobile phones for this? Do u think its even safe to plug mobile 24*7 that too on a mobile with 5k budget

wil use couple of apps, calls ,sms and torrent downloads.

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

bro im saying the app u said needed rooting but i don’t wanna root because few banking apps don’t work properly on rooted mobiles. so skipping rooting and the suggeted app.

You need the app only to prevent charging all the way to 100%.

Missing
Deal Cadet
25
247
9
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

few new mobiles like the ones mentioned above does have the req feature but unable to find any site which has this info.

You have search around. Xda developers and youtube.

Missing
Deal Cadet
25
247
9
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

You need the app only to prevent charging all the way to 100%.

Its a hardware this. No software or app can do so. And who ever claims that are completely false.

Missing
Deal Cadet
25
247
9
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

few mobiles have it as confirmed by others in the above posts.

Only sony phone used to come with that features where they delayed the next 20 % charge for 10 hours

Missing
Deal Cadet
25
247
9
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

bro im saying the app u said needed rooting but i don’t wanna root because few banking apps don’t work properly on rooted mobiles. so skipping rooting and the suggeted app.

Root and messing up with the kernal and charge controller. It not a good this and also void down the warranty for some manufacturer.

Last but not the least device has to deal with thermal throttling 😕

Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant
94
3984
49

24×7 plugin rolleyes Not a good idea
Keep it at safe distance – fire alarm recommended
Use jioFi plugged in without battery

Img 20190728 110145
Deal Subedar
6
2897
32
LIMBO wrote:

Redmi 3s,Redmi Note 3. But not Poco F1 unfortunately. You can find more info in the thread that I had referenced earlier.

+1. 3s

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163
Expand
mantu8201102 wrote:

Its a hardware this. No software or app can do so. And who ever claims that are completely false.

I never claimed otherwise.

Missing