Hot Deal

Which One Car is to buy for tie up with Ola/Uber in 2018 ?

1127°
Deal Cadet
patrokunal7432

Buying a new car for family . But this car may not be used by family all the time or every day. so thinking to tie up with Ola/ Uber. we have a driver and he is more ready to drive for ola/uber .

I know many new cars have come in the market but not all the car can get commercial registration.

Few cars I am considering in 7.5 lac range

1. Maruti Suzuki Swift Tour
2. Hyundai Hyundai Xcent Prime
3.Tata Tigor

Engaging a car with Ola/Uber is not beneficial now as everybody says. there are 100000 of videos from drivers suggesting other to not to engage their new cars. But I guess it is the competition they are facing due to a large number of Ola/Uber cars come to market. They do not get the booking as often as before.

Anyway, My requirement is simple.

1. I do not want to put 7.5 lac in a non-performing asset and keeping the car idle and get nothing with my investment.
2. so the reason to put the car in a business. preferably with a temporary business, not in a bank/hotel/office.
3. I guess Ola/uber are more flexible in timing. or is it necessary to take booking every day?

If anyone is/was with Ola/Uber please share your opinion/suggestion. thank you.

12 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
  • Sort By
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Bro don’t invest so much for buying a car…xcent prime is a superb sedan..y to waste money on that when u vl receive the same amt of money if u buy a normal dzire.
Tigor i wud suggest as that car is a beast in terms of built quality, mileage, overall performance…

If i would have an option to buy tigor wudn’t have used that one for making money atleast.. wud have used it for my personal use…

Or else best option wud be wagon r with cng bro…

If u want to rent a car y not try zapsubscribe.com or rent ur car on zoomcar.com

I hope ur clear now..

@patrokunal7432

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

why would u want to get into this mess when u can just as easily fire your driver and book/rent cabs when required and not worry abt cost of ownership, depreciation etc etc if the car is going to be used infrequently then cabs will prove to be a lot less expensive compared to buying/owning/maintaining a car and employing a driver wink

Link Copied

Try zoom car

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

If anyone has attached with Zoomcar please throw some light. Is profitable?

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

if you do not need a car on daily basis, better to go for full day/time based rental as and when you need it. works out much cheaper.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

One of my very close friend bought a couple of cars and attached them with Ola and Uber here in Bangalore. Six months later, he sold both the cars at significant loss.There is no money to be made by investing in Ola/Uber these days. My humble advice would be to stay away. If you would still like to invest in a car for business needs, try to attach your car to some hotel chains, IT companies etc. They usually prefer MUV’s such as Innova etc.

Btw, among the three cars you choose, best option is Hyundai Xcent. it offers the best back seat support and leg room. Modern day Hyundai diesels are very reliable plus Hyundai’s interiors are better screwed together compared to a Maruti. Tigor is a decent product as well.

Link Copied

Put the money in fixed deposits. Earnings from FD will pay for your occasional trips and much more

Link Copied

Buy something within 4L for convenience of having own car. You can put that in Ola/Uber as well. Put leftover money in FD. Earnings from FD will pay for part of your fuel

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

decided to go for Tigor AMT XZA . and buy a compact hatchback for renting locally. though I will avoid ola/uber as suggested by @cybertechie <— thank you.

Thank you @goldigger @panchabhut @mrKool_JJ

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Please share your experience till now.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

It is better to buy with zoomcar zap as you can rent the car and earn a good earning and zoomcar with pay for some amount of you deposit and loan and will maintain your car free of cost

replyuser
Click here to reply