Why APB is way better than Kotak-811 & DBS (Not Promotional)

Deal Cadet
Missed_The_Deal

Hi Dimers!

After using 3 of the said Bank’s services, I’ve come up with conclusion why APB is far better than other banks which offers Zero Balance A/C. It’s just my own perception, other’s thought could be different for sure…

1. Opening an APB is just 5 mins of work. Just visit any APB Bank Point and put your thumb impression in that digital device and provide the OTP to the agent and Add at least minimum Rs.10/-. Your registered mobile number would be your Savings A/C number. As per the agent you can change your mobile number anytime in future, but through them only.

2. To Deposit money physically, someone just needs to visit any nearest Airtel Bank Point, which could be the one who does the recharges as well. In this we save enough time, whereas other banks require you to stand on a queue and different token systems etc. In Kotak-811 & DBS we can’t actually deposit amount physically.

3. You can add minimum Rs.1/- from any Debit card to APB, whereas in Kotak-811 requires minimum Rs.1000/- and DBS Rs.2000/- respectively.

4. If our aim to deposit money into our Savings A/C, rather going to the bank just put/deposit money into APB the described methods and do the UPI/Bank transaction to that particular Saving A/C and you’re done… An easy effort…

5. APB provides @7.25% interest rates, whereas Kotak-811 gives @6% & DBS @7%, The main different is that APB provides the interest monthly wise. i.e. If you put/add Rs.10,000/- in APB at the 1st of the month, by end of the month your A/C balance would be Rs.10,000/- + (725/12) 60.41 = 10,060.41/- which is an extra ideal amount per month.

6. Kotak-811 & DBS provides true Zero Balance saving A/C, whereas APB requires minimum Rs.50/- to be maintained as threshold balance. And that’s not a Big deal when comparing to the other advantages.

7. Unlike Kotak-811 & DBS, APB doesn’t provide Physical Debit Card as off now. But it can be ignored considering the easy way to Deposit & Transfer the amount from APB to others.

8. APB provides Virtual Platinum Master Debit Card, which I’m not sure about the extra benefits of it, but we can’t actually use it for Global/Internal purposes. But who cares when we already have A/Cs like Kotak-811, which is best among DBS & APB. As DBS doesn’t allow us either to transact on Paypal or Aliexpress. Kotak-811 works like charm in this segment.

9. As off now, we can take advantages of Phonpe through APB and gain Rs.125/- extra by linking APB into Phonpe. By opening Kotak-811 or DBS we don’t get much of benefit in this way.

10. After 3 Months of opening the APB A/c we can close it if we want to, via Customer care only. Just Dial 400 from your Airtel number and randomly type your mpin repeatedly and you’re connected to CC, there’s no other easiest way to connect directly to CC but email and another number for other Operators…

-These are the observed advantages/disadvantages of 3 mostly used Bank by me. Dimers choice and opinion could be different, and I’m no way held to be responsible if used it in other way… (Just kidding)

Pro Tips: Use APB, Kotak-811 & DBS simultaneously in various way for various purposes and you’re good to go…

Expired
43 Comments  |  
28 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

good comparison but in wrong forum

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

it needed users attractions for the sake of their benefit, hence described into hot deal section on intentional…

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Please share site address of APB.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

no such, just visit any Airtel retail and ask to open APB, use My Airtel App to know more…

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Jab paise latak jaynge aur Refund ni milega tab bolna. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Dbs card can be used for payment on AliExpress. You’re wrong on that part. Confirm your facts before saying something out loud

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Yes u can use ..

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Can we transfer money from Airtel payments bank to other Banks without any charges???

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

No there will be charges for transfer of amount. In physical bank there is no chages for transfer with in same bank’ branches. Charges for transfer in from of RTGS above 2 lakhs to other bank is 20₹ or so. Anything lower than 2 lakhs will cost 4₹ for NEFT to other bank.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Some information is wrong in op post

Link Copied

There is charges to withdraw money in Airtel …who charge money to withdraw in banks unless u cross limit

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have been using DBS for more than a year and iam quite comfortable with it, the biggest disadvantage of Airtel Payments Bank is there is no physical debit card further withdrawing money by either mode attracts a percentage of cash like 1% (even if you do thru NEFT or so)

Currently DBS can be opened only if you can visit the branch and validate it so thats a disadvantage as it has limited branches in India. IN 2016 they used assigned the task to Karvy consultants who would come home and take the finger prints all for free now its not there.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Why would anyone want to pay 1% charges for using own money.

Link Copied

No zhannzat in dbs app…B

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

@Missed_The_Deal Tell me more about the 9th point, any link ?

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Ek Baar Paise latke na toh gayo lagjaygi 3 dimers have issue with it

Link Copied

I tried registering for payment bank using airtel’s app
it keeps giving error – deviceid is not registered while registering

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I did not face any such issue. Just completed registration today. Are you using any Xposed module that randomises the various parameters?

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I hope you won’t regret about your post.
APB is just dirty, you are one lucky exception for a while.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

It was a comparison, in my pro tip I’ve stated already to make use of those 3 banks thoroughly…

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

kotak 811 provides internationally usable debit card? Did any one use this?

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Yes. I used it on Amazon.com and gearbest.

View 1 more reply
Deal Colonel Deal Colonel
Link Copied

DrawBack – Customer Service https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_twisted.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Any charges for transferring money through UPI? Any restriction on UPI?? I mean any limit?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

No, there’s no charges for upi transaction.
Yes, minimum upi transaction amount should be Rs.2/- not Rs.1/- like Kotak-811 & DBS

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Airtel payment bank = forget about customer service. Why would we open bank account in one such bank when there are tons of option available. They love to block people money in the name of T&C/security.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

DBS Digibank Card can be used to withdraw cash from any ATM in India any number of times free. Airtel Payments Bank charges money to withdraw cash, that too only from its limited authorised locations.

Link Copied

And, Airtel Payments Bank won’t provide Debit Card right ? So, there is no way to withdrawal using any ATM.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

For me DIGIBANK is simply awesome….No txn charges no min balance , best security , paywave debit card… Fastest…7% interest…It’s tag line is BANKLESS CASHLESSAWSOME SUPPORT

Link Copied

how digibank is crediting interest monthly ?

is it monthly compounded ?

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

My Overall Rating
DBS – 4.5/5
Kotak 811- 4/5
APB- 3.5/5

Anyway….. Using All.. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I guess they have changed/updated their rates and charges

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Today i went to Airtel office for converting to a full savings account. Their applications are down. Somehow i felt uncomfortable to put my money with these people. Debit card is not a big issue as I refused kotak’s debit card as they sent a Platinum one and charging 499 per year. DBS 7% and Kotak 6% fine for me as of now. Might try APB once again later in future.

replyuser
Click here to reply