Why to write off Baba Ramdev's 2212 cr loan?

Why to write off Baba Ramdev's 2212 cr loan?

• 21 Comments
  • Last comment
  • Reasons

Vote down Reasons

• Self Promotion : 1
    • Other reasons : 3
    • Invalid/User Specific Coupon/Deal : 1
Missing
Deal Cadet

Staggering ₹2212cr loan has been written off for Ruchi Soya which belongs to Ramdev

His company Patanjali reported ₹8330 cr revenue & he is not bankrupt.. company is still running. He can easily repay. Why to write off his loan?..
If u write off, they should be arrested. Still he is roaming free

20 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet

put such posts under Social and political section

Missing
Deal Lieutenant

Ok, then I am not writing off his loan, update the post with details smile

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
Jerry_The_Dimer wrote:

Crony capitalists friends loan written off yesterday.
68,607 crores in total. Notably, BJP MP, Zee TV owner is biggest defaulter, his companies are working.
https://m.freepressjournal.in/article/bus...s/

Yes, but I do not see any distant alternative to Modi, no choice at all.
I just can not imagine if its Cong at centre esp Amulbaby at helm.

Missing
Deal Cadet
rsai01 wrote:

Ruchi Soya was acquired by Patanjali after they went bankrupt. Do you expect patanjali to pay the loans of Ruchi soya? They would have not acquired it if that was the case.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/patanja...

He acquired Ruchi soya even with 2212cr pending bcoz he would have been informed well in advance loans would be written off by his friend.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

Yes, but I do not see any distant alternative to Modi, no choice at all.
I just can not imagine if its Cong at centre esp Amulbaby at helm.

Agree. Both of them would do the same. During congress period, it was one guy Lalit Modi.
Now the list goes on
Mehul Choksey ( chilling in Barbados)- 8048Cr.
His nephew Nirav modi chilling in London
Sandip Jhunjhunwala (ED)- 4314Cr
Jiten Mehta (CBI)- 4076Cr
Kothari Group-2850Cr
Ramdev Baba-2212Cr
Vijay Mallya-1943Cr

Missing
Critic

It’s okay. The amount is meagre.

I recall bank of baroda calling my mother within 30 days of my father’s death, asking me to pay off the loan he took six months before his death of 3 lakhs. I said to the lady we will pay it off as soon as possible and requested her to give us couple of months. She said she’s extremely sorry to hear about our loss but she couldn’t give us the extra time and we have to square it off at the earliest. Obviously we would have paid it off as soon as we could anyway but the humanely behaviour really caught my attention.

There will be some people who will suffer endlessly. There will be some people’s children who will suffer as their own crime is too heavy for them to not suffer. Then there will be some whose grandchildren will suffer. I won’t be around to take pleasure observing any of that, but this small digital footprint of my comment will be here (I hope) and she will take the pleasure instead on behalf of me.

Missing
Blogger
Expand
Jerry_The_Dimer wrote:

He acquired Ruchi soya even with 2212cr pending bcoz he would have been informed well in advance loans would be written off by his friend.

Yeah why else would any sane businessman acquire it if he has to pay someone else’s debt. If it was not written off, he would as well mind his own business. Even if he had not bought the company the banks would have had no way to get back that money. At least they saved the jobs, some good debts and lots of good assets. Anyone acquiring such companies would first ask such loans to be written off. But after writing off the bad debt the company definitely became a good deal. Also this was not given to him on a first come first serve basis. There were biggies like Ruchi gold, adani, godrej, emami etc in the race but Patanjali bid the highest.

PS- This is purely an economic point of view and I don’t subscribe to anyones religious/political views, so don’t try to pull that on me. Sad that some of us have to mention this when we write about people involving either of these “national” “anti-national” sides.

Missing
Blogger
Expand
Jerry_The_Dimer wrote:

Agree. Both of them would do the same. During congress period, it was one guy Lalit Modi.
Now the list goes on
Mehul Choksey ( chilling in Barbados)- 8048Cr.
His nephew Nirav modi chilling in London
Sandip Jhunjhunwala (ED)- 4314Cr
Jiten Mehta (CBI)- 4076Cr
Kothari Group-2850Cr
Ramdev Baba-2212Cr
Vijay Mallya-1943Cr

Don’t even pick any one name and assign them parties. The rich and powerful always benefit irrespective of the party that is in power. They just use the names to mislead common people who fight with each other like fools when both gained nothing rather lost their tax money. With increasing literacy people should have seen this, but it is the educated fools on twitter, face book etc who fight for their cunning political “masters”. I don’t know when these fools realise that they are being played and these capitalists/politicians always have a rich lavish life.

If someone thinks that Mukesh Ambani wouldn’t have started Jio if not for BJP govt, 2 mins of silence for them. Just that the parties involved in the money exchange would have been different that’s it.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
Jerry_The_Dimer wrote:

Op no offence but maybe you should change the news channels / websites you visit (cosidering the topic name). Ruchi Soya was acquired by Patanjali under IBC. They put a bid of approx 4350 Crs for the company. The lenders took haircut of the balance which is mentioned as written off.

Missing
Deal Cadet

Alok industries was bought by Reliance industries, do you think Reliance has bought the company to pay of its debts, the debts are more than the assets value…… No one will buy a company which has accumulated huge debts…… Alok industries provided work to 1000’s of workers, now with Reliance taking over these workers will get work…… So it’s better to sell a sick unit and right off some debts rather than let the machines reduce to dust and then later right off full loan

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
igen wrote:

Op no offence but maybe you should change the news channels / websites you visit (cosidering the topic name). Ruchi Soya was acquired by Patanjali under IBC. They put a bid of approx 4350 Crs for the company. The lenders took haircut of the balance which is mentioned as written off.

Even that 4350 cr, Ramdev din’t pay his money. Entire 4k+ cr loans. Zero investment rolleyes. With no investment, these ppl acquire companies with their political pals knowing their loans will be written off rolleyes

Missing
Deal Cadet
rsai01 wrote:

Ruchi Soya was acquired by Patanjali after they went bankrupt. Do you expect patanjali to pay the loans of Ruchi soya? They would have not acquired it if that was the case.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news/patanja...

People are loosing patience, atleast should have read how Ruchi Soya ended up under Ramdev Brand-“Patanjali” smiling_imp

Lockdown is testing patience laughing stuck_out_tongue

Have some trust in Ruchi (Soya) @Trusted_Dimer stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Deal Captain

Becoz this loan was hamare desh ke liye

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
Dev-m wrote:

People are loosing patience, atleast should have read how Ruchi Soya ended up under Ramdev Brand-“Patanjali” smiling_imp

Lockdown is testing patience laughing stuck_out_tongue

Have some trust in Ruchi (Soya) @Trusted_Dimer stuck_out_tongue

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/614898/original/Screenshot_2020-04-30-09-29-22-972_app.desidime.png?1588219203

Missing
Deal Subedar
….Ruchi soya was a big game played by ramdev….

…shares of ruchi soya touched penny and now 400+….imagine the worth of the company that was forced to sell….

….Ramdev is a crooked businessman….but whats the point crony capitalism Zindabad….
Missing