Hotness Will my BSNL 3G Sim Stop working if I dont upgr...

Hot Deal Will my BSNL 3G Sim Stop working if I dont upgrade my 3G sim to 4G sim?

529°
Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043

Will my BSNL 3G Sim Stop working if I dont upgrade my 3G sim to 4G sim?
can i still use my 3G sim in 2G mode?
my main issue is im unable to get replacement sim (4g/3g sim) due to docs issue. so i just want my current 3g sim to active in future.
pls confirm. tia.

90 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie
0
81
4

No bro, it will work
I m too using it. If dont upgrade just 4g won’t work.

L4ud4kxe 400x400
Deal Subedar
730
2699
24

If they shut down 2G/3G service in future then yes!

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
mantu8201102 wrote:

No bro, it will work
I m too using it. If dont upgrade just 4g won’t work.

bro, as of now ur right but in future hope they don’t say compulsory we have to upgrade 3g sim to 4g even to use 2g. hope they dont deactivate 3g sim cards.

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
Imharsh wrote:

If they shut down 2G/3G service in future then yes!

bro in this case we have to upgrade. i m aware of this situation but most likely this wont happen. only 2g and 4g/5g will be there. 3g will be phased out. infact it has already started.

L4ud4kxe 400x400
Deal Subedar
730
2699
24
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

bro, as of now ur right but in future hope they don’t say compulsory we have to upgrade 3g sim to 4g even to use 2g. hope they dont deactivate 3g sim cards.

They can’t say that, but 1 thing i can say that all operators including bsnl will shut down 2g/3g services in future eventually. So it’s only matter is when!. So at last u have to upgrade.
But what issue in upgrading!? confused using in 2G phone?

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
Expand
Imharsh wrote:

They can’t say that, but 1 thing i can say that all operators including bsnl will shut down 2g/3g services in future eventually. So it’s only matter is when!. So at last u have to upgrade.
But what issue in upgrading!? confused using in 2G phone?

ya + docs issue.

L4ud4kxe 400x400
Deal Subedar
730
2699
24
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

bro in this case we have to upgrade. i m aware of this situation but most likely this wont happen. only 2g and 4g/5g will be there. 3g will be phased out. infact it has already started.

yes it will happen, it will cut down their investment. But they will keep 2G as u said since it will take time to make available 4G in all over India.

Missing
Deal Cadet
171
671
22

Lots of rural people still use basic handsets. Since BSNL is govt owned, I don’t think they will stop 2g

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
krupalum47 wrote:

Lots of rural people still use basic handsets. Since BSNL is govt owned, I don’t think they will stop 2g

my main issue is im unable to get replacement sim (4g/3g sim) due to docs issue. so i just want my current 3g sim to be active in future.

@Imharsh @mantu8201102

Screenshot 2019 07 02 17 05 02 902 com.android.chrome
Deal Cadet
0
859
10
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

my main issue is im unable to get replacement sim (4g/3g sim) due to docs issue. so i just want my current 3g sim to active in future.

@Imharsh @mantu8201102

AFAIK document not required to upgrade SIM.

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
Expand
-PC wrote:

AFAIK document not required to upgrade SIM.

now they do. now its back to old paper verification system and not fingerprint like in the past few years.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
81
4
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

bro, as of now ur right but in future hope they don’t say compulsory we have to upgrade 3g sim to 4g even to use 2g. hope they dont deactivate 3g sim cards.

2g will stay in market for 10 yrs to come, not sure about 3g
Its going incompetent

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
81
4
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

now they do. now its back to old paper verification system and not fingerprint like in the past few years.

If you don’t have documents then just port to some other newtork for 3 month later back bsnl….. If bsnl is important to you

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
81
4
krupalum47 wrote:

Lots of rural people still use basic handsets. Since BSNL is govt owned, I don’t think they will stop 2g

Yes mate its the basic network. All emergency services are based on it. So 10 yrs are good to go

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
Expand
mantu8201102 wrote:

If you don’t have documents then just port to some other newtork for 3 month later back bsnl….. If bsnl is important to you

ya i had this option in mind. lets c.

L4ud4kxe 400x400
Deal Subedar
730
2699
24
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

now they do. now its back to old paper verification system and not fingerprint like in the past few years.

r u sure for upgrading sim doc./biometric needed? In my case they just sent 1 sms from my old sim and it’s done!, and all balance/pack transferred in new sim

Screenshot 2019 07 02 17 05 02 902 com.android.chrome
Deal Cadet
0
859
10
Expand
Imharsh wrote:

r u sure for upgrading sim doc./biometric needed? In my case they just sent 1 sms from my old sim and it’s done!, and all balance/pack transferred in new sim

Yes exactly

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
Expand
Imharsh wrote:

r u sure for upgrading sim doc./biometric needed? In my case they just sent 1 sms from my old sim and it’s done!, and all balance/pack transferred in new sim

ya bro. today only got it confirmed at bsnl office and they are asking docs for sim upgradation.

is it. when did u do it?

@DCM

L4ud4kxe 400x400
Deal Subedar
730
2699
24
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

ya bro. today only got it confirmed at bsnl office and they are asking docs for sim upgradation.

is it. when did u do it?

@DCM

mine one is old story. 5-6 month back but they didn’t ask for even biometric.

Z
Deal Major
1,159
16626
77

i have lost my Vodafone SIM as i was unable to upgrade it into 4G it stopped working… no idea about BSNL Anna…

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
Toothless wrote:

i have lost my Vodafone SIM as i was unable to upgrade it into 4G it stopped working… no idea about BSNL Anna…

was it not working in 2g mode?

Z
Deal Major
1,159
16626
77
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

was it not working in 2g mode?

it was 3G SIM, now not working in 4G…
i have not tried it in 2G phone…

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,733
79466
1043
Expand
Imharsh wrote:

mine one is old story. 5-6 month back but they didn’t ask for even biometric.

does ur bsnl 4g sim work in 2g mobile?

L4ud4kxe 400x400
Deal Subedar
730
2699
24
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

does ur bsnl 4g sim work in 2g mobile?

yes bro why not? confused lol u r confusing now. 4G doesnt mean only 4G network. It just added 4G apart from 2G and 3G hushed
Infact my mom use 2G in 5 yr old 2G handset

Bjsg
Coupon Baba
0
9512
209

Continue using old SIM ,don’t upgrade , it will work Lifelong , BSNL is trusted sunglasses

Missing
Deal Cadet
171
671
22
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

does ur bsnl 4g sim work in 2g mobile?

good question though

Jio has 4g only network, so we have seen trouble using this in 2g/3g phones

While BSNL will have 2g/3g/4g so 4g can be used in 2g phones and browsing will be 2g speed

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
81
4
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

does ur bsnl 4g sim work in 2g mobile?

Every sim is backward compatible.
Its SIM. JUST modular identity chip.
It depends on operator that its has those respective bands. It will work on all of them. 2g/3g/4g,
And casually speaking bsnl 4g sim also supports 2g. As they are recently giving free data so many ppl have been using it on 3g network

Cropped75770540910922727
Blogger
514
1934
51
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

does ur bsnl 4g sim work in 2g mobile?

Valid question.

Does this really work with a basic mobile (not 2g) without GPRS feature? Only experienced ones answers pls..

Cc: @Imharsh @krupalum47 @mantu8201102

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
206
4

Answers to your query.

1)No, Your 3G sim will work fine.
2)Yes u can
3)Can u pls explain ur issue little more (whats are those docs issue??)

Missing