Wisdom Jan 1990 Edition

Wisdom Jan 1990 Edition

124°
Missing
Deal Subedar

This magazine predates me by couple of months. I chewed off its front page literally, I was a toddler back then. Then my father n mother taught me about different photos in this book. I didnt understand much back then. I used to say, “eeeee!!! Mmmm.. ni ni ni…” At least that’s what my parents say. 🤣 Whenever I would see a new photo, I would call my sister. I wanted to share my excitement with her. I just wanted her to see the photos the way I saw it. And then I used to dream about those photos. grin
The pages are no longer white. It has survived the termite attack. But the bright blue highlights are still there, unfaded. I think this has planted the seed of a reader in me. In retrospect I can see b/w pages of this book in Technicolor.
I have never seen back since touching it. 🙂 It used to break my heart, when I used to see "badam walas " folding torn pages of colorful/ bw magazines to sell peanuts. I don’t mind these days. I understand poverty and stuff.
Life happens.
Today kids play with phones n tablets, I/we, the 90s kids, used to play with books. Any Wisdom, Chandamama fans here?

24 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Deal Subedar
bikidas2060580 wrote:

This magazine predates me by couple of months. I chewed off its front page literally, I was a toddler back then. Then my father n mother taught me about different photos in this book. I didnt understand much back then. I used to say, “eeeee!!! Mmmm.. ni ni ni…” At least that’s what my parents say. 🤣 Whenever I would see a new photo, I would call my sister. I wanted to share my excitement with her. I just wanted her to see the photos the way I saw it. And then I used to dream about those photos. grin
The pages are no longer white. It has survived the termite attack. But the bright blue highlights are still there, unfaded. I think this has planted the seed of a reader in me. In retrospect I can see b/w pages of this book in Technicolor.
I have never seen back since touching it. 🙂 It used to break my heart, when I used to see "badam walas " folding torn pages of colorful/ bw magazines to sell peanuts. I don’t mind these days. I understand poverty and stuff.
Life happens.
Today kids play with phones n tablets, I/we, the 90s kids, used to play with books. Any Wisdom, Chandamama fans here?

Not a wisdom fan but i hated WISDOM book in my young days . so much of knowledge shit that time. also no colorful graphics . only blue white

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
Jigglypuff wrote:

Not a wisdom fan but i hated WISDOM book in my young days . so much of knowledge shit that time

😁 but we fondly remember those days. Those days are called childhood. It lasted like a forever and suddenly we are adults n trying to reminiscing about them

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar

Hmm.. I have suggested my friend who complained about his son not interested in reading, to feed a few pages of this book from the old book shop, will see what happens. I have pointed this post as source of my recommendation for his confidence boost.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar

ye to emotional topic hai bhai

tata bye bye

i only remember urge to read tenali raman , nandan , champak while on train journey

Missing
Deal Subedar
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

Hmm.. I have suggested my friend who complained about his son not interested in reading, to feed a few pages of this book from the old book shop, will see what happens. I have pointed this post as source of my recommendation for his confidence boost.

Haha. 😁

Missing
Deal Subedar
rogerthat wrote:

tata bye bye

Abhi abhi toh mile ho
Abhi naa karo chhootne ki baat
Abhi abhi toh pasand aaye ho
Abhi abhi roothne ki baat
🤣

Missing
Deal Subedar
rogerthat wrote:

tata bye bye

i only remember urge to read tenali raman , nandan , champak while on train journey

Beautiful books bhai. Chandamama was really amazing. It’s out of production now. Tenali Raman is so witty

Deal Subedar
Expand
bikidas2060580 wrote:

Beautiful books bhai. Chandamama was really amazing. It’s out of production now. Tenali Raman is so witty

and only 2 years ago i came to know TENALI is a place in AP, my one staff was from there.

Missing
Deal Subedar

What did you guys do as kids? What was your favourite hobby?

Deal Subedar
bikidas2060580 wrote:

lattu champion tha mai

played gully cricket , kho kho , ice pice , loha lakkad , looka chhoopi and other out door sports

Missing
Analyst

Didn’t particularly like Wisdom though still bought several issues. I was an even voracious reader back then. If only ebooks were available back then. I wouldn’t have to read the same book several times in some cases. As it is my current collection spans 12k.

Missing
Deal Subedar
LIMBO wrote:

Didn’t particularly like Wisdom though still bought several issues. I was an even voracious reader back then. If only ebooks were available back then. I wouldn’t have to read the same book several times in some cases. As it is my current collection spans 12k.

🙂

Missing
Deal Subedar
bikidas2060580 wrote:

We played outdoors.

Missing
Deal Subedar
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

I gave my daughter a Kindle three years back.
Now she prefers physical books.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
bikidas2060580 wrote:

I still have Chandamama sets from late 60’s (my sister’s) and then 70’s and 80’s.
My father used to get the annual series bound into one book.

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar
bikidas2060580 wrote:

I used to read debonair very interesting book.

Img 20171102 024724 967
Deal Cadet

I don’t even read school buks and you guys were reading gk books..

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

I still have Chandamama sets from late 60’s (my sister’s) and then 70’s and 80’s.

Those are amazing. 😍

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

I gave my daughter a Kindle three years back.
Now she prefers physical books.

Nothing compares to physical books bhai,🙂

Super Moderator
bikidas2060580 wrote:

Kiraye par le ke comics padhna smiling_imp

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
cm4444 wrote:

Chacha Chaudhary is my all time favourite comics character. I used to advertisements about his exploits in Chandamama all the time. But I didn’t have access to those comics when I was a kid.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
cm4444 wrote:

Raj comics khoob padhi aur phir laat ghuse bhi khaye papa ke.

Images
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

OMG! Definetely Lucky to have them.

Missing