Hot Deal

CREDIT CARDS WITH BEST OFFERS - Suggestions & Discussion

1955°
Pro Entertainer
A2Zdeals

American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card

This offer is for those who prefer travelling via Indigo

Choose a Card that rewards you with IndiGo vouchers worth Rs. 23,500

Take off on your dream journeys with the American Express® Platinum Travel Credit Card that rewards you at every step. Begin your travels with a Welcome Gift of 5,000 Bonus Membership Rewards® Points, redeemable for IndiGo travel vouchers worth Rs. 4,000 and get rewarded as you spend.

BEST PART :

Get Rs.500 IndiGo Voucher on becoming eligible and an additional Rs. 500 IndiGo voucher on final card approval

Product Highlights

Spend Rs.1.90 lacs in a year and get IndiGo Vouchers worth more than Rs.7,700
Spend Rs.4 lacs in a year and additionally get IndiGo Vouchers worth more than Rs.11,800
Also get a voucher worth Rs.10000 from the Taj Group
Earn up to 20 Bonus Membership Rewards Points at our EXTRA Membership Rewards Program Partners

Earn 1 Membership Rewards Points on every6 Rs.50 spent except for spend at Fuel, Utilities, Insurance and Cash Transactions
Up to 20% discount on dining

Annual Fee

First year fee:
Rs. 3,500 plus applicable taxes
Second year onwards:
Rs. 5,000 plus applicable taxes

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - — – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - — – - – - – - – - -
If someone just enrolls & pays first year fee he has to pay around 4000, In return one will get 500+500+4000 = 5000 worth Indigo Vouchers.
Extra benefit is when indigo fare is paid by GV then no online fees is charged. More saving of Rs. 150

If one spends upto 1.9 lacs then more vouchers worth Rs. 7700
All in all it good for high spenders and Indigo travellers

Link : https://www.americanexpressindia.co.in/prequal-...

Expired
96 Comments  |  
26 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@disclaimer wrote:

@the_stig wrote:

@A2Zdeals

Just to add to the Citi cashback card, has a yearly fee of 500+service tax, earlier issued cards i.e before 2012 IIRC are still free. I applied after that and get charged. Please note this is not based on any spend amount. Its fixed. So far its been a good experience with Citi as an overall and the card as well.

Edit: The caps that you mentioned is 100 per billing cycle. So in effect any spends beyond 2K are down the drain. The categoies are Utlity and telecom billis, movie spends.

not sure but if the general category has any limit.

You are missing something. Check product page.

No limit for normal purchases.

Could be like I said I wasn’t sure …

On another topic has any one checked out the new Ferrari card from icici looks tempting design wise and also semi good benefits

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied
@the_stig wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

@the_stig wrote:

@A2Zdeals

Just to add to the Citi cashback card, has a yearly fee of 500+service tax, earlier issued cards i.e before 2012 IIRC are still free. I applied after that and get charged. Please note this is not based on any spend amount. Its fixed. So far its been a good experience with Citi as an overall and the card as well.

Edit: The caps that you mentioned is 100 per billing cycle. So in effect any spends beyond 2K are down the drain. The categoies are Utlity and telecom billis, movie spends.

not sure but if the general category has any limit.

You are missing something. Check product page.

No limit for normal purchases.

On another topic has any one checked out the new Ferrari card from icici looks tempting design wise and also semi good benefits

@disclaimer

Kotak feast gold card :

When I had got it initially there was no minimum spend criteria. Kotak had tried to differentiate by being transperent. Etc etc. That cashback used to be direct credit in same statement. Then changed to next statement. Then now it is form of dine points which are of equal value. It is just that you have to redeem in multiple of 100.
They also brought minimum spend criteria. One has to spend minimum 5000 in a billing cycle including dining & movies. Max cap 600. Max single transaction 4000.

RBS sold to RBL :
That’s why RBL card online looks familiar. It is abn amro (then RBS) style.

SCB EMAIL SUPPORT :
I suggest mark mail directly to head.service@sc
Normal support is pathetic. Even can mark mail to nodal officer.

Citi cashback card :

Yes fees is not reversible. But benefits in terms of bill pay outweigh it. You can earn more easily then fees.
0.5% is unlimited but that’s lowest. First citizen ShoppersStop card has 1 point = 0.70 value at SS.

ICICI Ferrari card :
Just design no substance
3999/999 is very high compared to benefits
For that much fees, one may get card with more benefits.

I paid fees for indusind iconia Amex card now they are offering for free. That’s really good card. 2%/1.5% on weekend / weekday. Good earn value ratio.

ICICI citi axis issue photo cards but with passport photo size
Axis icici also has custom photo card
Scb had launched breeze banking card where you could upload your chosen photo. Now discontinued.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@the_stig wrote:

1. The Cardholder shall be entitled to the following bonus cash back for transactions made using the Citibank Cash Back Card:
(a) 5% Cash back on all Movie ticket purchases subject to a maximum cap of Rs.100 per month.
(b) 5% Cash back on all Utility bill payments enrolled and charged to Citi Bill Pay through Citibank Online. Cash Back is subject to a maximum cap of Rs.100 per month.
© 5% Cash back on all Telephone bills subject to a maximum cap of Rs.100 per month.

So you can get upto Rs. 300 benefit per month.

Link Copied
@A2Zdeals wrote:
@disclaimer":http://www.desidime.com/users...30
Kotak feast gold card :
When I had got it initially there was no minimum spend criteria. Kotak had tried to differentiate by being transperent. Etc etc. That cashback used to be direct credit in same statement. Then changed to next statement. Then now it is form of dine points which are of equal value. It is just that you have to redeem in multiple of 100.
They also brought minimum spend criteria. One has to spend minimum 5000 in a billing cycle including dining & movies. Max cap 600. Max single transaction 4000.

That min amount criteria spoils the party!

RBS sold to RBL :
That’s why RBL card online looks familiar. It is abn amro (then RBS) style.

Sea change in level/quality of service. ABN Amro offered decent service.

SCB EMAIL SUPPORT :
I suggest mark mail directly to head.service@sc
Normal support is pathetic. Even can mark mail to nodal officer.

Yes, only that solution works. Normal customer care blindly copy-pastes replies without making any attempt to understand the query/complaint. Telephone support is better.

I paid fees for indusind iconia Amex card now they are offering for free. That’s really good card. 2%/1.5% on weekend / weekday. Good earn value ratio.

Doesnt Rubyx Visa offer 1.5% or more without any condition with hand picked rewards (if you make high value transactions, redemption fees can be ignored in this case)?

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied
@A2Zdeals wrote:

@rajkumar31 wrote:

@A2Zdeals I would like to see your review on Citi Bank credit cards and specifically Citi Indian Oil credit card

To start with, Citi bank has been quite old MNC player and stood firmly. Though they have restricted themselves to limited offerings and unline private banks (HDFC, ICICI, SBI) or MNC banks (SCB) have not gone into multiple cards for multiple class of people.

Few Facts :
~ Citi allows holding of only 2 cards simultaneously
~ Citi cards has spends based fee reversal

I am using Citi Bank First Citizen (affiliate of Shoppers Stop) & Citi Bank Cash Back card.
Citi FC Card is good for shopping at Shoppers Stop. I have kept it mostly exclusive to SS only. Still if I spend outside SS, effective earn ratio is 0.70% (for every Rs. 100 spent we get back value of 70 paise) which is not bad but point utilisation will happen at SS only.

Citi CB card is good for bill payments & gives 5% Cashback Max 100 per category of Bill Payment, Utility Bill Payment & Movies. On rest all categories it gives 0.50%.
Catch is to accumulate 500 points to get auto cashback in card account.
Plus is a card is good which allows utilisation of points against card outstanding. I don’t like to burn points for buying gifts etc. as ratio is very low (mostly 20%-40%)
Here you know, you are earning 0.50% flat on any purchase other than cashback category where you earn 5% subject to max limits.

Coming to Citi Indian Oil Card, it is affiliated with Indian Oil Petrol Pump.

Point structure :
4 Turbo Points on Rs.150 (2.67%) of fuel purchases at authorized Indian Oil Retail Outlets across the country
Full waiver of the fuel surcharge (2.5%) on fuel purchases
Earn 4 Turbo Points for every Rs.150 at our featured partner like grofers, makemytrip, musafir, flipkart, freecharge for limited period
2 Turbo Points on Rs.150 at grocery and supermarkets (Max on transaction of Rs.5,000 or 67 points per month)
1 Turbo Point on Rs.150 spent elsewhere like Shopping, Dining and more

(Plus) 1 Turbo Point gives you Rs.1 of free fuel
(Plus) Spend based Fee reversal on at least Rs.30,000 p.a. else fees 1000 p.a.
(Plus) Joining bonus 250 points
(Plus) Turbo Points never expire
(Plus) Get Rs.200 worth of free fuel with every Additional Card Max 600

(Minus) Card must be swiped on Citibank EDCs only to avail the above benefits
(Minus) Turbo Points capped to purchase amount of Rs.10,000 (or 267 Turbo Points) per transaction for fuel
(Minus) Turbo Points capped to purchase amount of Rs.5,000 (or 67 Turbo Points) per transaction for grocery
(Minus) On transactions exceeding Rs.10,000, No points
(Minus) Too many caps

Redemption ratio is good if used for Fuel else just 25%-30% value in return.
My friends using this card are happy as they don’t need to pay for fuel but they need to go to Indian Oil pumps.

My Recommdation : If looking for Citi Bank Indian Oil Card for other than fuel benefits, Better to go for another card.
There are many free cards available. But if you still want to go for any Citi Bank card then :

1. PM me for referral (Get 1000 Rs. cashback from citi bank)
2. Apply through CITI Bank website (Get 1000 Rs. cashback from citi bank)
3. Apply through Bank Bazaar (Get 1000 Rs Amazon Voucher from bank bazaar)

@disclaimer

Anyone applying for citi bank credit card can PM me for referral.

does citi bank ask for salary slips or other itr documents now? I remember disclaimer mentioning earlier that only address and I’d proof is required. Or do they strictly go by your credit score? also, the in person verification of home/office, is that done? I see you mentioned in another thread that it’s a long process now.

Link Copied
@schumacher wrote:
does citi bank ask for salary slips or other itr documents now? I remember disclaimer mentioning earlier that only address and I’d proof is required. Or do they strictly go by your credit score? also, the in person verification of home/office, is that done? I see you mentioned in another thread that it’s a long process now.

Salary slip or ITR form is mandatory for any bank now.
Few may issue on the basis of other card statement or against FD.
You don’t get good limit on the basis of other card stmt.

Some RBI rule requires banks to carry out periodic KYC including IPV (in person verification).
Recently HSBC AMEX RBL all did IPV. So I presume most will do that.
TAT depends on banks efficiencey. HSBC, RBL faltered whereas AMEX had everything online. Still they quote 3 weeks and they do take time.
Mine with Citi last year took 2 months (mostly due to Chennai floods) still on follow up they kept on telling verification takes time.

Edit : Also CIBIL plays a big role in any credit program. Loans or credit card all will check your cibil first then decide.

Link Copied

Important update on your American Express® Gold Card

Important update regarding the Gold Collection on your American Express® Gold Card

We are writing to inform you about an important update regarding the Gold Collection on your Card account. We have discontinued The American Express Gift Cards as a redemption option and it has been replaced with statement credit.
Please find below the redemption change update for your reference:
Reward category Old redemption option New redemption option
18 Carat Gold Collection American Express Gift Cards worth Rs.7,500 Statement credit of Rs.7,500
24 Carat Gold Collection American Express Gift Cards worth Rs.10,000 Statement credit of Rs.10,000

Kindly note, the old redemption options will be discontinued with immediate effect and new redemption options will be available going forward.
You can use these statement credits for settling Card charges on your American Express Card.

New 24 carat Gold Collection
• Good Earth Gift Card worth INR 13,000
• MakeMyTrip Holiday Voucher
• Statement Credit worth INR 10,000
• Bose XT Speakers

New 18 carat Gold Collection
• Citizen Eco-Drive Watch
• Croma Voucher
• Tanishq Voucher
• WelcomHeritage Luxury Stay
• Statement Credit worth INR 7,500

Link Copied

@A2Zdeals what’s the BIN for your visa signature rubyx card? 437551 only for visa platinum or rubyx as well?

Link Copied
@disclaimer wrote:

@A2Zdeals what’s the BIN for your visa signature rubyx card? 437551 only for visa platinum or rubyx as well?

450172 icici Rubyx visa

Link Copied
@A2Zdeals wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

450172 icici Rubyx visa

Thanks!

Dimer of The Year 2020 Dimer of The Year 2020
Link Copied

@A2Zdeals
regarding amex gold https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif
1. im unable to find the normal points (not bonus points) earned for spendings (not EXTRA from Membership Rewards) on amex gold card
got it: Earn 1 MR point on 50 spent on all spends except for spend on Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions
2. as per the new update each point is worth .41 ₹ ? earlier it was .25
3. as per the new update what if we redeem less than 18000 points, would we get less conversion ratio compared to redemption of 18000 (₹7500) points? anything like that?

Link Copied

@Altruist @oneidentity @hiteshparmar.007104 @A2Zdeals @arjunking250
@B@R_0_0_D

hdfc diner card holders (Diners club Black, diners club premium & diners club rewardz)

does all the above offer free airport lounge access, food and all?

also is it possible for converting the points to pay the cc bill ?

Link Copied

pls ignore

Link Copied
@rajrocks wrote:

@A2Zdeals
regarding amex gold https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif
1. im unable to find the normal points (not bonus points) earned for spendings (not EXTRA from Membership Rewards) on amex gold card
got it: Earn 1 MR point on 50 spent on all spends except for spend on Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions
3. as per the new update what if we redeem less than 18000 points, would we get less conversion ratio compared to redemption of 18000 (₹7500) points? anything like that?

You earn 1 point per 50 Rs I. E. 2%

Redemption ratio if adjusted against card outstanding, 25%

If redemption through gold collection, for which you need to accumulate 18000/24000 points, you get 7500 statement credit, previously they were giving Amex gift card.

Nothing changed, just mode of redemption changed.

Instead of gift card you adjust these against card outstanding.

Now you compute ratio 7500 Rs against approx 50000 (4000*12 minimum for 1000 bonus points plus some extra expense)

Link Copied
@A2Zdeals wrote:

@rajrocks wrote:

@A2Zdeals

If redemption through gold collection, for which you need to accumulate 18000/24000 points, you get 7500 statement credit, previously they were giving Amex gift card.

Now you compute ratio 7500 Rs against approx 50000 (4000*12 minimum for 1000 bonus points plus some extra expense)

Bro we need to spend atleast 3 lakhs so that we get 7500 credit… Im looking from the second year onwards… Only the first year is best…

Link Copied
@rajrocks wrote:

@A2Zdeals wrote:

@rajrocks wrote:

@A2Zdeals

Bro we need to spend atleast 3 lakhs so that we get 7500 credit… Im looking from the second year onwards… Only the first year is best…

I didn’t get

second year they give renewal bonus 5000
you spend 4000*12 + some = 50000 you earn 1000 normal points, 12000 bonus points
you got 18000 points, you are eligible for 7500 credit against fees of 4500+tax net 2500 (plus if you spend 8000 in a month 1000*8 you get 1000 BMS voucher) (plus any other benefits around the year)

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Yes , out of 18k we can loot 12k so 67% means 5000 rs out of 7.5 k per year ?

Link Copied
@A2Zdeals wrote:

@rajrocks wrote:

@A2Zdeals wrote:

@rajrocks wrote:

@A2Zdeals

I didn’t get

second year they give renewal bonus 5000
you spend 4000*12 + some = 50000 you earn 1000 normal points, 12000 bonus points
you got 18000 points, you are eligible for 7500 credit against fees of 4500+tax net 2500 (plus if you spend 8000 in a month 1000*8 you get 1000 BMS voucher) (plus any other benefits around the year)

Exteremenly sorry. My bad i missed it. Thank you.
This is really good cc if we somehow manage yo get yearly renewal waived off.

Link Copied
@B@R_0_0_D wrote:

Didn’t get u. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
@rajrocks wrote:

@B@R_0_0_D wrote:

U need 18k points for redemption of 7500 statement. Credit . so 67% u can get in 1000 points *12 by using cc 4 times per month (+1000 rs transaction ).

Moreover, many times they waive the annual fee too.

Link Copied
@B@R_0_0_D wrote:

@rajrocks wrote:

@B@R_0_0_D wrote:

U need 18k points for redemption of 7500 statement. Credit . so 67% u can get in 1000 points *12 by using cc 4 times per month (+1000 rs transaction ).

@rajrocks
@disclaimer

but annual fee waiver also takes away renewal points (5000) mostly
to earn 5000 point you need to spend minimum 2.5 lacs…
its better to pay fees though it reduces net benefit…

Link Copied
@A2Zdeals wrote:

@B@R_0_0_D wrote:

@rajrocks wrote:

@B@R_0_0_D wrote:

@rajrocks
@disclaimer

but annual fee waiver also takes away renewal points (5000) mostly
to earn 5000 point you need to spend minimum 2.5 lacs…
its better to pay fees though it reduces net benefit…

Is it!!! I thought after payment of annual fee they credit it back. So in this way we get those annual fee payment points also. If this is not the case then we need to do 2.52 lakhs usage to achieve 18k points. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Link Copied

@B@R_0_0_D
@sidbhai
@Magus
@mahidada
@disclaimer
@srini1973
@Ashwin
@panchabhut
@rajrocks
@Sharingan
@ranawathitesh
@ashu99926
@gambitrite

American Express is offering 1000 Membership Rewards Points on each Standing Instructions for Utility Service Providers (which are affiliated with American Express) to be charged to American Express PLATINUM TRAVEL CREDIT CARD (May be other variants also)

Also American Express is offering 1000 Membership Rewards for each supplementary card (maximum 2)

Source : I received a call (then email) from customer care executive for my card.

Link Copied
@A2Zdeals wrote:

@B@R_0_0_D
@sidbhai
@Magus
@mahidada
@disclaimer
@srini1973
@Ashwin
@panchabhut
@rajrocks
@Sharingan
@ranawathitesh
@ashu99926
@gambitrite

American Express is offering 1000 Membership Rewards Points on each Standing Instructions for Utility Service Providers (which are affiliated with American Express) to be charged to American Express PLATINUM TRAVEL CREDIT CARD (May be other variants also)

Also American Express is offering 1000 Membership Rewards for each supplementary card (maximum 2)

Source : I received a call (then email) from customer care executive for my card.

Yes, I got the mail too.
1 more point for AMEX card, they charge 14.5% ST + 3.5% conversion charges for internationl transactions.

Also, I need some clarification, are you being able to use your AMEX card on Amazon for buying gift cards? I am getting message that international cards are not allowed for this transaction, mine is not an international card.

Link Copied
@Sharingan wrote:

@A2Zdeals wrote:

@B@R_0_0_D
@sidbhai
@Magus
@mahidada
@disclaimer
@srini1973
@Ashwin
@panchabhut
@rajrocks
@Sharingan
@ranawathitesh
@ashu99926
@gambitrite

Yes, I got the mail too.
1 more point for AMEX card, they charge 14.5% ST + 3.5% conversion charges for internationl transactions.

Also, I need some clarification, are you being able to use your AMEX card on Amazon for buying gift cards? I am getting message that international cards are not allowed for this transaction, mine is not an international card.

No. Not even on citi cards also. Will inquire with Amex CC.

Link Copied
@A2Zdeals wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@A2Zdeals wrote:

@B@R_0_0_D
@sidbhai
@Magus
@mahidada
@disclaimer
@srini1973
@Ashwin
@panchabhut
@rajrocks
@Sharingan
@ranawathitesh
@ashu99926
@gambitrite

Yes, I got the mail too.

I am facing a lot of problems on my Gold card for the past few days.
Places where currently it is not working:

1) Amazon GV purchase
2) Crownit
3) Udio

Please feel free to add your views.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I have used Amex Gold Credit card many times for purchasing Amazon EGV. Last txn about a month back.

Link Copied
@Sharingan wrote:

@A2Zdeals wrote:

@Sharingan wrote:

@A2Zdeals wrote:

Yes, I got the mail too.

I am facing a lot of problems on my Gold card for the past few days.
Places where currently it is not working:

1) Amazon GV purchase
2) Crownit
3) Udio

Please feel free to add your views.

Charge on international transactions is 3.5% conversion charges (Markup fee) + 14.5% ST on Markup fee
It is normal for all cards except HDFC Regalia, HDFC Diners Cards where charge is 2%.

1) Amazon GV
Amex CC took Amazon CC on conference but could not get satisfactory answer. Amazon CC looked to have come out of sleep.

3) Udio

Forwarded message -———-

Date: Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: Screenshot (23 March 2016 10:24 am)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Udio!

We would like to inform you that currently loading money through AMEX International card is disabled. Therefore we request to try to load money using any other debit/credit card or through Netbanking.

Hope this information is help to you.

Warm Regards,
Dhanashree.
Udio Expert
Customer Care Helpline: 022 – 6730 4948

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

last time i used my gift card at amazon very smoothly,if it isnt working now u can use it at petrol pumps and departmental stores(i used it yesterday at DMART)

replyuser
Click here to reply