Hotness Airtel launches UNLIMITED broadband 1GBPS+UNLIM...

Hot Deal Airtel launches UNLIMITED broadband 1GBPS+UNLIMITED CALLS @Rs 3,999

595°
60% OFF 9999.0
  • 63 Comments
  • Last comment
  • Reasons

Vote down Reasons

• Product not good/not worth the price : 1
    • Better price elsewhere : 1
Screenshot 2015 08 04 16 52 41
Deal Subedar

http://Air...in

Airtel launches unlimited broadband at Rs 3,999

https://m.economictimes.com/industry/telecom/af...</p

The plan also offers unlimited landline calls to any network in India along with exclusive ‘AirtelThanks’ benefits.
The benefits include THREE MONTHS NETFLIX subscription gift, one year AMAZON PRIME MEMBERSHIP and access to premium content from ZEE5 and Airtel Xstream app.
Starting today (on Wednesday), Airtel Xstream Fibre is available to Homes, SOHO (Small Office Home Office) and small commercial establishments in Delhi, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Noida, Ghaziabad, Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Chandigarh, Kolkata, Indore, Jaipur and Ahmedabad," Bharti Airtel said in a statement.

• Expiring In 18 days
62 Comments  |  
28 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet

max speed at my location 16mbps. FU airtel

Missing
Entertainer
jambui wrote:

max speed at my location 16mbps. FU airtel

sad
Deal Subedar
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:
sad

Of course speeds need to be realistic, otherwise JIO WILL upend like earlier, hope AIRTEL BUCKLES UP this time around

Sd1
Deal Cadet

Why Everyone Is Around 1GBPS When Reality Is Something Is Different.
Homes Users Are Happy With 50-80MBPS Unlimited Plan @ 699 Or Less If Possible.
Let Companies And Others Need Such Super Fast Data Speed.

Deal Subedar
TechnoFrendz wrote:

Fair point but OPTIONS is better bro that to unlimited

Sd1
Deal Cadet
Expand
dranupt wrote:

Fair point but OPTIONS is better bro that to unlimited

Exactly. Thats Why People Prefer Local BB Service Than These Biggies Which Are Practically Providing Less For More Money.

Missing
Deal Cadet

Try railwire 100 / 200 mbps plans if you can get it. Its from indian railways. Fiber to home

Missing
Deal Newbie

Airtel customers service is very poor

B7dinhqpllv6hingai8s
Deal Lieutenant

too costly there are better plan from Act

Capture
Deal Subedar

I am currently on 16mbps 899 rupees plan with additional 200 rupees discount every month (special offer because I was about to shift to Jio). So totally I have to pay 699 every month. Now I want better speed (maybe 100mbps).

An engineer told me that since you are already on retention plan, if you migrate to higher speed plan, you will lose retention discount. So what should I do? Shift to normal 100mbps retail plan or is there a way out?

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain

Been using Airtel broadband for more than 6 years now and their service is excellent, out of the 6 years of usage the network was down for hardly 10 days overall at max.

The speed has been consistent as well as promised. The maximum line speed depends on the limitation in the locality. In my area the maximum speed was 16mbps until 2 years ago but has been upgraded later so until 2 years ago even if I were to opt for 40mbps or 100mbps plan the line speed would still be limited to 16mbps only.

I currently pay Rs. 699 + taxes for 40mbps unlimited plan (no FUP at all) plus a landline with free unlimited calls. Will never even consider Jio at their current pricing, Airtel seems to be lot cheaper and proven for consistency.

As far as service support goes, I never had any issue with that either, most times they do honour their commitments and complete the service request on time.

The plan I am talking about isn’t something exclusive for me, it’s a general plan offered by Airtel here in Hyderabad. They face still competition from ACT so they had to come up with such competitive plans to counter them. Select Hyderabad as city on Airtel’s website to get plan details.

Cropped3013926110758164563
Deal Cadet
TechnoFrendz wrote:

It’s not 1 GBps bro , it’s 1 Gbps.
There is a lot of difference infact 8 times .
1GBps means 1 gigaBYTE per second.
1 Gbps means 1 gigaBIT per second.
And 1 byte equals 8 bits. Hence 1 GBps is 8 times faster than 1 Gbps.
In other words 1 Gbps is 128 MBps.
So pay attention to the B if it’s capital or not.

4791456 1403583 batman avatar
Deal Cadet

It’s not unlimited. It has a FUP of 3333 GB per month. Post FUP, the speed is 8 Mbps.

Banner.jpg
Deal Subedar
Budhe-Baba wrote:

I am currently on 16mbps 899 rupees plan with additional 200 rupees discount every month (special offer because I was about to shift to Jio). So totally I have to pay 699 every month. Now I want better speed (maybe 100mbps).

An engineer told me that since you are already on retention plan, if you migrate to higher speed plan, you will lose retention discount. So what should I do? Shift to normal 100mbps retail plan or is there a way out?

Are you reselling Internet?
I m using 5mbps local broadband and I am very much happy with it. never faced buffering issues even 7 devices connected to it
And you are using 16mbps and still unhappy?
Better switch to local broadband

Deal Captain
Expand
bux wrote:

Are you reselling Internet?
I m using 5mbps local broadband and I am very much happy with it. never faced buffering issues even 7 devices connected to it
And you are using 16mbps and still unhappy?
Better switch to local broadband

Try consuming high quality content on streaming apps on large screen devices and let me know how happy you are with 5mbps connection. smile

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:
sad

If you are using old ADSL line speed can’t go beyond that. Need to switch over to Fiber to avail higher speeds.

Banner.jpg
Deal Subedar
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Try consuming high quality content on streaming apps on large screen devices and let me know how happy you are with 5mbps connection. smile

Even watch 4k videos on youtube and prime video

Missing
Entertainer
Expand
gauravgtm wrote:

If you are using old ADSL line speed can’t go beyond that. Need to switch over to Fiber to avail higher speeds.

But every thing boils down to money spent… sad

Missing
Entertainer
tthakkar2014894 wrote:

Chortel

Kuchh bhi karle airtel galiyaan to khaiga hi… smile toungueout

Deal Captain
Expand
bux wrote:

Even watch 4k videos on youtube and prime video

Unless the math behind calculating the bandwidth for a 4K video changes or the scientific definition for bits and bytes change it is not technically feasible to stream a 4K video at 30 frames per second.

You at least need 18mbps (17.2mbps to be precise) connection for that, assuming you get a 100% promised speed. In India the operators assure 80% speed.

You can check these to know how to calculate:
https://www.extron.com/product/videotool...px
https://gobrolly.com/amount-data-bandwidth-requ...

The only way you are still able to stream 4K video on 5mbps is that you are actually not streaming 4k video or your broadband provider is offering you a better speed even though your plan says 5mbps

Desert
Deal Cadet
Budhe-Baba wrote:

How do I do this ? I am stuck at 799 + tax for 40 Mbps. Shall I call them and say I am moving to Jio? Also I have already paid for 6 months. Thanks in advance.

75pe
Deal Subedar
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Are you ready to sacrifice?

75pe
Deal Subedar
Expand
Manitian wrote:

How do I do this ? I am stuck at 799 + tax for 40 Mbps. Shall I call them and say I am moving to Jio? Also I have already paid for 6 months. Thanks in advance.

Follow Babas footsteps…

Banner.jpg
Deal Subedar

for your info google and amazon provides full speed to users
whereas file hosting other apps services has 2 plans free and paid

have you ever used local broadband service?

My name
Deal Lieutenant

I’m not able to finish 2GB/day in jio 4G & you people are talking about TB’s of data/month pensive

What you people are seeing/downloading? How much time you’re spending on internet?

Looks like everyone is downloading entire internet daily laughing laughing laughing

Capture
Deal Subedar
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

Are you ready to sacrifice?

Depends what is to be sacrificed. For short term, yes.

Deal Captain
bux wrote:

for your info google and amazon provides full speed to users
whereas file hosting other apps services has 2 plans free and paid

have you ever used local broadband service?

You still don’t get it!

Let me break down the math for you.

The bit rate for streaming a 4K video goes to a worse of 8000 kbps to a best of 16000 kbps and is maintained at around 14000 to be called a good 4K steam.

Considering the average of 14000 kbps it means you need to have a broadband line speed of at least 14 Mbps, even in worst case scenario of 8000 kbps you need to have a broadband line speed of 8Mbps to stream without buffering pauses.

It doesn’t depend on what google or amazon or what ever website support is over here, we are talking about limitation of your line speed and not the website capability.

Missing
Deal Newbie

At my hometown in Punjab, We have a 60 Mbps FTTH connection from a local provider (is Mumbai based operator actually)

My town is a Tier III/IV town and we have better speeds, better service and better prices than available in Tier I cities. The operator has a 100mbps option as well @ Rs. 999

Limit : 300 GBs
Speed : 60 Mbps (actual download speed is around 54 Mbps)
Price : Rs. 699 per month all inclusive
Downtime : A total of 24 hours (in last 2 years)
Service : Immaculate

Missing