Unfortunately this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future.
Celestron AstroMaster 70AZ Telescope (21061)rs 7,199 on snapdeal.com

259°
Finance Mentor
svilvam

https://i.imgur.com/u2zw2.jpg
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/celestron-astro...
https://i.imgur.com/lqs2m.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NvsGt.jpg

Price comparision

Gadgets.in price rs 8,999
http://www.gadgets.in/cameras-accessories/teles...

Discountsvu.com price rs 9,308
http://www.discountsvu.com/compare_price/best-p...

Ebay.in price rs 10,040 after less 7% coupon
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Celestron-astromaster-70...

Naaptol.com price 10,950 oos
http://www.naaptol.com/telescopes/celestron-ast...

Homeshop18.com price rs 15,589
http://www.homeshop18.com/celestron-21061-astro...
https://i.imgur.com/TaHaW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5Mjmf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OtarU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/JB9tr.jpg

Technical Specifications

Specifications

Optical Design Refractor
Aperture (mm) 70 mm (2.76 in)
Focal Length (mm) 900 mm (35 in)
Focal Ratio 13
Eyepiece 1 (mm) 20 mm (0.79 in)
Magnification 1 45 x
Eyepiece 2 (mm) 10 mm (0.39 in)
Magnification 2 90 x
Finderscope Built-on StarPointer
Star Diagonal Erect Image Diagonal – 1.25 inch
Mount Altazimuth
Tripod 1.25 inch steel tube legs
Weight (lbs) 18 lbs (8.16 kg)
Highest Useful Magnification 165 x
Lowest Useful Magnification 10 x
Limiting Stellar Magnitude 11.7
Resolution (Rayleigh) 1.99 arc seconds
Resolution (Dawes) 1.66 arc seconds
Light Gathering Power 100 x
Angular Field of View (deg) 1.1 degrees
Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) 58 ft (18 m)
Optical Coatings Fully Coated
Optical Tube Length 36 in (914 mm)
Tube Attachment Dovetail Bar

Expired
15 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
  • Sort By
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Reviews

Great scope for any level of Amature

I have been a backyard stargazer for several years. My very nice 8" Dobsonian Reflector became too much to haul to darker skies away from light pollution, so I have been indoors on starry nights for a couple of years now. When a local camera shop was going out of business, they had a fabulous blow-out price on a Celestron AZ70 Refractor. I know two things about refractors 1) beware of flimsey tripods and 2) beware of extravagant claims of HIGH POWER. I first noticed intelligent power claims on the box (60X per aperture inch TOPS). The Celestron AZ70 suits all my needs. It’s compact and light enough to transport easily, it has GREAT optics and a VERY macho tripod and Starfinder with a bright reticle which nailed Venus in 1 easy try right out of the box. Absolutely the best 50 bucks I ever spent and I would GLADLY recommend it to anyone for 4 times that price.

162 of 176 people found this review helpful
By Scott Willenbrock on Amazon.com 19 January, 2008
Easy to use

I bought this scope for my neighbor’s kids as a Christmas present. They (along with their dad) had very little experience with telescopes, so I expected it would take some time (along with a little help from me) to get this scope up and running. I was wrong. The very night I gave it to them, they (actually, the dad) set it up and enjoyed looking at the moon with it. They didn’t need me at all. In fact, I have yet to look through the scope myself. They tell me it’s fantastic. It certainly struck me as a serious, well-made scope when we took it out of the box. The fact that it is so easy to use makes it a really great scope.

126 of 137 people found this review helpful
By T. W. Seed on Amazon.com 20 November, 2009
Twinkling an Opinion for Beginning Stars

This is my and my wife’s first venture with a telescope so we sought something that would not require a big investment; would not “jiggle or shake” if bumped when in use; would be easy to handle and transport by hand; and allowed us some recreational fun. This item is sturdy and easy to set up but lacks a couple of minor conveniences that could inexpensively been added by the manufacturer to enhance the user’s enjoyment. Without detracting from our feelings that there is inherent value in this item to introduce the beginner (especially kids) to astronomy, the changes would be: (1) although the tripod is nice and firm with a locking mechanism, the removable little tray that one snaps inside the legs to hold some of the extras is not easy to put into place or remove; (2) there is insufficient guidance on how to best utilize the infrared eye piece that is battery powered and it is easy to overlook that this eyepiece battery is in the on positon when folding up and storing it and a dead battery will ensue; (3) there is not a protective cap for the 10mm or 20mm lens inserted into the eyepiece if you do not always want to have to remove and store them when not in use; and (4) a carrying case (cloth or plastic) for storage for a few bucks more would have been a nice addition…we’re still searching for something suitable. Again, overall it was worth <$100 price paid but I would have been willing to add an extra $10 or $15 for the improvements mentioned above.

39 of 39 people found this review helpful
By Victoria S. Ekstrand on Amazon.com 23 September, 2010
This is an excellent starter telescope

I bought this telescope last Christmas for my family. I have one daughter, age 7. I did a lot of research around the Internet and this product appeared to be a good starter telescope at the right price. (Incidentally, I paid $69.99 on amazon just before Christmas last year, so clearly prices on electronics change as much as airfares!) We are VERY satisfied. It’s perfect for families just beginning to explore the stars/planets/moon with their young ones. It also was easy to assemble. Those who’ve criticized the parts for being less than perfect are probably right - but then again, they probably want to be buying a telescope in the $100$200 range or higher. The parts are fine. Sturdy enough for family use. The tripod works well. We live in Northwest Ohio where our clearest nights tend to be early fall and during extremely cold January/February. So, indeed, our biggest challenge has been recognizing a clear night when we have one. If you’re doing this for the first time, work toward finding the moon first. Once I was able to master getting the moon into view, I was able to work on trying to see a planet. Tonight we saw Jupiter and four of its moons! We even saw a ring around Jupiter. Seeing the stars is harder with this unit, though. But we are thrilled enough to see parts of our own solar system. The CD with the product is pretty good, too and can help you plan what part of the sky to look at, when the full moons are, etc. Very happy to recommend this product and thanks to those who wrote about it previously.

33 of 33 people found this review helpful
By Ganesh Narayanan on Amazon.com 22 November, 2011
Very nice Telescope for Beginers

I have been using this telescope for about a year now and it never bores me. You can easily watch the below celestial objects → Moon in a very high definition → Mars → Jupiter with jupiter’s moons → Saturn → Venus → Orion Nebula and many many objects. Pros: → Very helpfull viewfinder → The First light software is very helpful → Sturdy design → The 90degree prism makes erect images → Very nice focal length Cons: → Tripod is very very bad. The movement of the telescope up and down while tracking will be of a big challenge The horizontal rotation is fine. But when u move up and down while u r watching through the eyepiece, it will become very difficult to track due to the spillover movement in the tripod’s rotators. WHen u tight your telescope, it gets tight in a different position. With this tripod, it almost becomes impossible to tight the telescope exactly after tracking something. You fix it and the telescope will move and gets fixed somewhere where u can see only blank sky. For such a company like celestron, this tripod is a black mark. → Heavy vibration on the tripods. The nuts and bolts and joints starts sounding unusually after some days of usage. If you plan to buy this, better buy it along with vibration suppression pads or else it will not be fruitful in long term From a telescope perspective, this is a very nice investment for a beginer to intermediate astronomers. You will enjoy the fun of it when you see it in refractors. My suggestion to celestron is to fix these tripods to avoid frustration on these nice telescopes. The goodwill of telescope is lost because of the bad quality tripod. Overall, this is a product I am enjoying every day. Please be very choosy between reflectors and refractors. And please dont see sun using this. Even with a solar filter, i suggest NO. Refractors get in a lot of light focus which sometimes makes the UV rays even come out of solar filters. Nice product except for the Irritating Tripod. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

30 of 30 people found this review helpful
By John C. Sievers on Amazon.com 4 June, 2009
Gets the job done

We bought this telescope as a birthday present for our 11 year old daughter. The tripod is very good for this price: very sturdy yet easy to point the telescope by unlocking the position and then tightening it at a new location with the knob on the arm. We have seen the rings of Saturn (although small) and the kids love the details of the craters on the moon. The lighted finder scope seems to be more of a gimmick than actually useful, but maybe we just haven’t figured out how to use it yet. Definitely worth the purchase.

35 of 38 people found this review helpful
By Dina Capek on Amazon.com 26 December, 2007
Great for amateur with avid interest

The celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70 AZ was a great choice for a first refreactor telescope. It has a very sturdy base and easy to use. The magnification lenses are of good quality.

23 of 24 people found this review helpful
By G. Seguin on Amazon.com 31 August, 2009
Pretty good.

Bought this has my first telescope, not knowing if i would really get into amateur astronomy. Gotta say it served me well for what i paid for. Star pointer can be something of an hassle, but once it is fine tuned it can be really useful. The biggest disapointment is the tripod. It is definetely made for children. I’m 5"9 and i always had to bend over to look at stars. Rough on my back. Solve the problem by mounting it on my camera tripod without any problems, cause it has the screw holes to do it. Overall good enough for star watching and really good for the wallet.

31 of 34 people found this review helpful
By D. Harvey on Amazon.com 23 January, 2008
Great Gift

I bought this scope as a Christmas gift for 3 children ages 8 to 12. Not only do they love but Mom & Dad enjoy it too. I also bought them each a “star” (Shining Stars by Russ) to name and they really get a kick out of looking at their very own stars!

19 of 20 people found this review helpful
By Ernest Miller on Amazon.com 19 April, 2012
Celestron 21061 AstroMaster 70 AZ Refractor Telescope Review

The Celestron AstroMaster telescope is an amazing piece of technology. It is hands down one of the best telescopes you can buy at a phenomenal price point. When I was looking for a refractor telescope, I was constantly recommended this make and model by friends and colleagues. Simply put, they told me that if I were to buy another telescope, I would be throwing my money away. This Celestron telescope is not only at the top of its class, it’s in a league of its own. When I finally received this telescope, I truly understood the phrase “seeing is believing.” Since this was my first telescope, screenshots on Amazon conjured up images of a frightful set up process which would leave me winded and frustrated by the end of it. In reality, I was completely flabbergasted at how incredibly simple it was to put together and begin using. The no tool set up was a huge plus for me. Every part feels sturdy with a good weight to it. The tripod was phenomenally tough. I thought it would be a frail piece of chrome painted plastic but there is nothing but metal keeping that telescope level. It made me feel very safe holding and sometimes gently leaning on it. After spending a few short minutes setting up the telescope, I couldn’t wait to take my first peek. The images and clarity presented by this device is beautiful beyond words. I took my inaugural look at the moon and it was fabulous. The high resolution pictures I’ve viewed on the internet don’t begin to do it justice. One taste with this telescope and I suddenly couldn’t get enough of it. I loaded up the included “The Sky” Level 1 planetarium software and began looking for new targets to set my sights at. Soon enough, four hours had passed and I was barely scratching the surface at what this baby could do. I put it through the woodworks on day one and the next day it still looked and felt like I just pulled it fresh from the box. I couldn’t have been happier to pick up this telescope. The quality and design great, it presents images beautifully clear, and to top things off, it won’t even break your bank to do it. You couldn’t ask for a better telescope to begin to journey into the wild black yonder. It is the absolute best telescope for beginners like myself. If you’re dying to look at the stars up close and personal, there’s no better way to do it than with the Celestron AstroMaster!

This is the very important and very useful product for next generation children

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Voted up from me…:-}

From my childhood I was big fan of these kind of gadgets…

I remember a uncle returning from Dubai bought similar binocular..I used to see so many things from it..it was really superb experience…

Yaad aa gaye wo din..15yrs ago. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

VU for its price & Celestron is one of the best in business…if your amateur this is the best product for its price…for moderate use please spend few thousands and get motorized…it has lot of advantages.

Link Copied

good telescope but still price is too high sells for around Rs4000/- at amazon, will work out cheaper if you buy it from amazon and have some relative returning form US bring it for you

Link Copied
thumsup wrote:

good telescope but still price is too high sells for around Rs4000/- at amazon, will work out cheaper if you buy it from amazon and have some relative returning form US bring it for you

Import duty 38% for this product should be paid to customs

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

vu, will try and suggest tomorrow

Link Copied

did any1 even purchased this?

Link Copied
svilvam wrote:

thumsup wrote:

Import duty 38% for this product should be paid to customs

I don’t think there is any import duty applicable on a $75 telescope if you bring it in with you

Link Copied

vns:-}

Link Copied
oli.ferns759 wrote:

vu, will try and suggest tomorrow

Thx oli

Link Copied

The reviewer said he spent $50 (2500) on this. Is this worth 7200?

Link Copied
Joel wrote:

now the least online price is 75USD on amazon.com and the snapdeal is the least Indian site for this product

Link Copied
Joel wrote:

see this review friend

https://i.imgur.com/yItNc.png

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

vu

Link Copied
boys wrote:

vu

thx boyssssssssss

replyuser
Click here to reply