Unfortunately this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future.
Hot Deal
eBay 300₹ off on min 1000₹  *Account Specific*

eBay 300₹ off on min 1000₹ *Account Specific*

310°
Deal Lieutenant
MovieSeeker
Account specific coupon

Coupon Code SHOPFEST78
Valid till: 7th Sept, 2016
https://i.imgur.com/pjZ2a0d.jpg

T&C here

(delete if repost)

Expired
33 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@MovieSeeker wrote:

@abcwevr762 wrote:

@saymyname wrote:

@abcwevr762 wrote:

For relatively long term and reliable backups Verbatim is the best. Esp. the ones manufactured by TDK or Mitsubishi Chemicals(Japan or Singapore). I had purchased National DL-DVD earlier but it did nt inspire much confidence. Made the DVD burner spin like crazy and very noisy too(not the case with Verbatim and Sony). Since Verbatim are no longer available offline where I am staying and hard to find online I am making do with Sony. I am looking to make the transition to BluRay discs in the future. This will help to cut down on the no. of discs. I backup important stuff to optical media in additional to HDD as I dont trust them.
Its been several years though. So please do update regarding your experience.

You mean to say CD, DVD safer than Hard disk ?? I am asking with the thought that CD DVD are prone to scratches and all.

When a Hdd dies you stand to lose terabytes of data whereas with a DVD/BD you only lose a few gigabytes at a time. You keep the disc in its sleeve and only access it when its required. This minimises chances of scratches. I should know since I have 10 year old discs working just fine. 1 scratched disc in all that time. That too I was able to recover 99% of the data. Good brands like Verbatim and Sony are much better when it comes to scratch resistance Its all abt having multiple backups, for critical media atleast, across different media . You know what they say abt putting all your eggs in a single basket…

+1
i still have game setup i burned to dvd like 6 yrs ago since its in a sleeve and in a box nothing happened.i had problems with dvd but was able to recover most files and recheck with torrent only 500mb less to download a 4gb file

Yup. Thats why gotta love torrents.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@DealSeeker wrote:

@saymyname wrote:

@abcwevr762 wrote:

When a Hdd dies you stand to lose terabytes of data whereas with a DVD/BD you only lose a few gigabytes at a time. You keep the disc in its sleeve and only access it when its required. This minimises chances of scratches. I should know since I have 10 year old discs working just fine. 1 scratched disc in all that time. That too I was able to recover 99% of the data. Good brands like Verbatim and Sony are much better when it comes to scratch resistance Its all abt having multiple backups, for critical media atleast, across different media . You know what they say abt putting all your eggs in a single basket…

How did you do that ?

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-repair-and-...

In case of files permanently deleted from the hard drive, which application recovers it properly ? I had tried Recuva and other similar apps but hardly anyone gave me a satisfactory output or may be I was doing it wrong. (Most of the times it used to be a video )

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

vu

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
@saymyname wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@saymyname wrote:

@abcwevr762 wrote:

How did you do that ?

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-repair-and-...

In case of files permanently deleted from the hard drive, which application recovers it properly ? I had tried Recuva and other similar apps but hardly anyone gave me a satisfactory output or may be I was doing it wrong. (Most of the times it used to be a video )

Recovery depends on whether the hard disk sectors were overwritten or not. Recuva is pretty good and if it is not able to recover the deleted files with a deep scan then I doubt other software would be any better at it. Still, you can try EaseUS data recovery.

replyuser
Click here to reply