Unfortunately this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future.
Get Hooked to Localbanya this Monsoon and Get Rs. 1000 Off (Mumbai, Pune, hyderabad, Delhi)

Get Hooked to Localbanya this Monsoon and Get Rs. 1000 Off (Mumbai, Pune, hyderabad, Delhi)

203°
Deal Cadet
mehul_bh

Use Code: MUM100, PUN100, DEL100, HYD100: Only customers placing orders using coupon code on 12th July, 2015 are eligible for the offer.

Terms & Conditions
1. Offer is applicable across 10 independent orders.
2. Coupon code must be entered for each order before checkout.
3. Flat discount of Rs. 100 on each order when coupon is applied.
4. For coupon codes MUM100, PUN100, DEL100, HYD100: Only customers placing orders using coupon code on 12th July, 2015 are eligible for the offer. The first order under this offer must be placed on this date.
5. This coupon is only valid till 31st August, 2015.
6. This coupon code can be used only once per day between 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.
7. This offer is also eligible for Instabanya orders.
8. Localbanya.com is not liable to extend the offer to the customer if coupon code has not been applied while checkout.
9. Single redemption of the coupon is permitted per household.
10.Offer applicable on Cash on Delivery, Net Banking, Credit or Debit Cards.
11. This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offers.
12. This offer cannot be encashed.
13. This offer cannot be transferred.
14. Offer is not valid for bulk/institutional purchases.

Expired
21 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

what is the minimum order amount?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

these online grocery shops are looting people.. I can show lot of proof how are they doing it, just a basic check will expose them,

check onion/potato price it will be 3-4 rupees/kg more than market price. I once bought Badami Aam from them @ 120/kg and next day I visited big bazaar where same mango was available for 60/kg I have taken the pic and I will uplaod it. when I complained to localbaniya they just said we will inform the sourcing team and they reduced the price to 70 (not even 60) , forget about returning my looted amount

check ashirwad aata of 5kg it will 210-220 which actually cost 140-150 if u buy from local market where as same brand 10kg is of 280-300 so 220 for 5 kg isn’t logical.

dimers beware before you get addicted to these websites

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@BML wrote:

these online grocery shops are looting people.. I ca show lot of proof how are they doing it, just a basic check will expose them,

check onion/potato price it will be 3-4 rupees/kg more than market price.

check ashirwad aata of 5kg it will 210-220 which actually cost 140-150 if u buy from local market where as same brand 10kg is of 280-300 so 220 for 5 kg isn’t logical.

Bro…Ashirwad Atta (10Kg) is also Rs. 280 on Localbanya…If you check 5kg atta in local stores, it is always going to be higher….
For vegetables, i can agree since the price keeps on fluctuating on daily basis….

Link Copied

Minimum order 500 https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Link Copied
@mehul_bh wrote:

@BML wrote:

these online grocery shops are looting people.. I ca show lot of proof how are they doing it, just a basic check will expose them,

Bro…Ashirwad Atta (10Kg) is also Rs. 280 on Localbanya…If you check 5kg atta in local stores, it is always going to be higher….
For vegetables, i can agree since the price keeps on fluctuating on daily basis….

I didnt get you? I think you didnt understand what I wanted to say. 280 for 10kg is logical (28/kg) but 220 for 5kg isn’t logical. local store will give you 5 kg ashirwad for 140-150 thats what I used to get in kolkata and pune it will somewhere nearby

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@BML wrote:

these online grocery shops are looting people.. I can show lot of proof how are they doing it, just a basic check will expose them,

check onion/potato price it will be 3-4 rupees/kg more than market price. I once bought Badami Aam from them @ 120/kg and next day I visited big bazaar where same mango was available for 60/kg I have taken the pic and I will uplaod it. when I complained to localbaniya they just said we will inform the sourcing team and they reduced the price to 70 (not even 60) , forget about returning my looted amount

yes do check price of item before buying…
aashirwad aata 10 kg is available @265 on bigbasket
but at grofers its price is 330(ie. mrp)

similarly price of oil ghee tea also have different prices on different websites

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
@BML wrote:

@mehul_bh wrote:

@BML wrote:

I didnt get you? I think you didnt understand what I wanted to say. 280 for 10kg is logical (28/kg) but 220 for 5kg isn’t logical. local store will give you 5 kg ashirwad for 140-150 thats what I used to get in kolkata and pune it will somewhere nearby

No, It isnt the case….5 Kg Atta in local stores is also around 180-190. I checked it in Reliance stores yesterday and it was Rs. 190. The reason given by local banya store for higher price of 5kg atta is that it is made from premium wheat, whereas 10kg is made from a lower grade wheat….Im not defending the online grocery stores but my point is few of the items if you pick and choose you will really benefit from them….

Link Copied

No, It isnt the case….5 Kg Atta in local stores is also around 180-190. I checked it in Reliance stores yesterday and it was Rs. 190. The reason given by local banya store for higher price of 5kg atta is that it is made from premium wheat, whereas 10kg is made from a lower grade wheat….Im not defending the online grocery stores but my point is few of the items if you pick and choose you will really benefit from them….

so you are saying same brand aata of 5kg and 10kg made from different wheat.. strange

Link Copied
@ wrote:

so you are saying same brand aata of 5kg and 10kg made from different wheat.. strange

https://i.imgur.com/lfAOjW4.png

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@BML wrote:

@ wrote:

yes ..actually there are 3 types of aashirwad aata…select, whole wheat, multigrain…and their prices are different

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

we being dimers should not get cheated by those inflated prices. we know the prices elsewhere. we know how to do the comparision. only after that we will loot https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Link Copied
@devil09 wrote:

@BML wrote:

@ wrote:

yes ..actually there are 3 types of aashirwad aata…select, whole wheat, multigrain…and their prices are different

i know there are different type of aata but they wont be listed under same product.. do u see screenshot. whole wheat aata of 5 and 10kg are of different pricing..

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
@BML wrote:

@devil09 wrote:

@BML wrote:

@ wrote:

yes ..actually there are 3 types of aashirwad aata…select, whole wheat, multigrain…and their prices are different.

i know there are different type of aata but they wont be listed under same product.. do u see screenshot. whole wheat aata of 5 and 10kg are of different pricing..

You have small, medium and large popcorn.

If small is $5, medium is $7, and large is $8… which one would you pick?

That’s the way businesses work.

They want you to GET MORE by reducing the price.

I am not sure what you are asking, but if you are surprised 10KG is cheaper than 5KG, then that’s how everything works.

BUY MORE = LESS PRICE.

BUY LESS = MORE PRICE.

Link Copied
@sidbhai wrote:

@BML wrote:

@devil09 wrote:

@BML wrote:

@ wrote:

yes ..actually there are 3 types of aashirwad aata…select, whole wheat, multigrain…and their prices are different.

I am not sure what you are asking, but if you are surprised 10KG is cheaper than 5KG, then that’s how everything works.

BUY MORE = LESS PRICE.

BUY LESS = MORE PRICE.

pls stop teaching me marketing here.. I am just saying compared to local market price 5kg is costly here. even 10 kg is also costing 15-20 more

another example of buying without comparing
https://i.imgur.com/r4tvrmI.png

not to mention that they reduced the price when I pointed out

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
@BML wrote:

@sidbhai wrote:

@BML wrote:

@devil09 wrote:

@BML wrote:

@ wrote:

BUY MORE = LESS PRICE.

BUY LESS = MORE PRICE.

pls stop teaching me marketing here.. I am just saying compared to local market price 5kg is costly here. even 10 kg is also costing 15-20 more

another example of buying without comparing
https://i.imgur.com/r4tvrmI.png

not to mention that they reduced the price when I pointed out

Sorry if you felt that I was “teaching” you something.

Point is simple: these are businesses. Not some charity work.

And if you found the price to be slightly higher, you have to report it.

Like you did now.

And thanks for updating us.

I have bought atta for Rs. 340 before from Reliance Store, whereas Grofers offered it for Rs. 260.

And I never complained for such discounts.

But when the price is high? I definitely do.

Not all companies “cheat” or want to “steal” your money. Some companies genuinely want to disrupt the market and solve existing problems while profiting ethically.

Link Copied
@sidbhai wrote:
<br wrote:*

Sorry if you felt that I was “teaching” you something.

Point is simple: these are businesses. Not some charity work.

And if you found the price to be slightly higher, you have to report it.

Like you did now.

And thanks for updating us.

I have bought atta for Rs. 340 before from Reliance Store, whereas Grofers offered it for Rs. 260.

And I never complained for such discounts.

But when the price is high? I definitely do.

Not all companies “cheat” or want to “steal” your money. Some companies genuinely want to disrupt the market and solve existing problems while profiting ethically.

I fail to see dimer logic here… if something is available at lower price in local market will you pay more online ? thats only my point. buy more pay less, buy less pay more works for local market as well

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

aashirwaad aata 5 kg mumbai d mart price is around 190 for mrp 220/-

Link Copied

my suggestion to dimer is visit local market once in 1-2 weeks to get the snapshot of local price else you will end up paying more to these sites

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
I fail to see dimer logic here… if something is available at lower price in local market will you pay more online ? thats only my point. buy more pay less, buy less pay more works for local market as well

All about convenience.

I sit home and get my stuff?

In the office and they deliver to me?

That’s very convenient.

Saves my time and makes me less tired (so I can focus on better things).

Buying from local shops for us would mean a waste of half day.

Now with online – it’s much better and much cheaper.

But yes, some companies can be unethical. Just have to watch out for them.

Link Copied
@sidbhai wrote:

All about convenience.

I sit home and get my stuff?

In the office and they deliver to me?

That’s very convenient.

Saves my time and makes me less tired (so I can focus on better things).

Buying from local shops for us would mean a waste of half day.

Now with online – it’s much better and much cheaper.

But yes, some companies can be unethical. Just have to watch out for them.

you dnt say the same when you order anything from flipkart/snapdeal, thier you need lowest price but for grocery you bring the logic of convenience, fine.. I visit my nearest bigbazaar/Spenser and ask them to deliver. most of them got free delivery within 24 hours, anyway do whatever you feel right

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

guys…u need to understand one thing, no one is looting another. neither the online grocery shops, nor the customers whichever way u look at it.
Online grocery shops are offering additional discounts through coupon codes whereas local offline stores are giving direct discounts.
The online guys are also here to do business, not just to give everything for free. We as custmers hv been buying Atta, ghee, oil, and god knows what not from online not just because of convenience but also cos of effective price being cheaper than offline store. It may or not be an instantly visible component all the time as in, it wld be in the form of additional payumoney or mobikwik cashback after full payment.
that 10 Kg atta pack MRP is 330, 5 Kg atta pack MRP is 220, logically nothing wld make sense if u break down per kg or per unit basis, but someone here rightly pointed out, buy less pay more, buy more pay less is the way business model works. They are working on volumes when sale is higher and on profit margins when sale is lower. There are many products where you will find this discrepancy.
But what online has done today is they are giving huge discounts in multiple forms which brings their profit margins down but they are getting bigger volume of sales or purchase amount and effectively larger customer base.
Tell me how can they survive if they start giving discount on all products first or keep them at par with offline stores, then give u additional coupon code discounts and further cashbacks also alonh with free delivery all the time.
Saffola Gold Oil – 5 ltr pack which has an MRP of 730 or 750 is normally available for Rs 670-680 in local stores with sometimes 1 ltr free offer, so ef cost offline comes to around 115 per litre whereas the same 5 ltr on Grofers or other app based merchant or online merchant has price of 715-720 and u may or may not get the 1 ltr free always with online store, but with 20-25% discounts and 15-20% cashback offers, eff price comes to around 500-510 for 5 ltrs, where eff cost comes to around 100 per litre with the convenience of free home delivery and sometimes free gifts too in the form of biscuits, umbrella, inox tickets, ludo sets, mugs, mangoes etc etc.
So guys chillax, those who prefer offline, continuing doing so without complaining abt online prices.
Online ones, jst enjoy and stock up if required.. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

replyuser
Click here to reply