Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 with pop-up selfie camera ...

Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 with pop-up selfie camera launched in India, priced at Rs 15,990

299°
22% OFF 16000.0
Pp
Deal Cadet

https://www.amazon.in/b?node=17471467031&pf_rd_...
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 specifications

6.59-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass display
Octa-Core Kirin 710 12nm (4 × 2.2GHz Cortex-A73 +4 x 1.7GHz Cortex-A53) with ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
4GB RAM, 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
Android 9 (Pie) with EMUI 9.0
Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
16-megapixel primary sensor, an 8-megapixel secondary ultra-wide sensor and, a third 2-megapixel depth sensor
16MP pop-up front camera
Fingerprint sensor
Dimensions: 163.5×77.3×8.8mm; Weight: 196.8g
Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 comes in Emerald Green, and Sapphire Blue colors, is priced at Rs. 15,990 and will be available from Amazon.in starting from August 7th.

Launch offers

No cost EMI up to 6 months
Exchange offer up to Rs. 1500
Up to 10% Instant discount for SBI card users
Rs. 500 Amazon Pay discount
Benefits up to Rs 20,000 for Jio users

VU for effort please
  • Expiring In 7 days
31 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Cropped 797944570
Deal Captain

Vu

12299 user
Deal Cadet

How is this 12,500 then?
Even after SBICard Discount

Pp
Deal Cadet

16000-1500(extra exchange)-500(amazon pay)-1500(sbi discount)=12500.

FYI this is huawei logic and not mine. I just posted it .
So give flack to huawei and not me pls.

And a guy voted down as self promotion.
How is it self promotion?

Missing
Deal Cadet

risky to buy huawei phones these days and kirin 710 < sd 710 on k3 and realme X although huawei has gpu turbo wink

Missing
Deal Newbie

Which one is better Y9 prime 2019 or Realme X?

Pp
Deal Cadet
JaggaSourabh wrote:

Realme X

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
manyfacegod wrote:

Realme X

Thanks bro. Can you please highlight some differences to justify the price gap why realme x is better as Y9 Prime. As Y9 will cost 12500 after bank discount and extra exchange discount, Realme X will cost 15500 after icici discount.
Your help is really appreciated.

Missing
Deal Newbie

Its better to buy y9 prime

Missing
Deal Newbie

Got for ₹11190/-

Pp
Deal Cadet
Expand
JaggaSourabh wrote:

Thanks bro. Can you please highlight some differences to justify the price gap why realme x is better as Y9 Prime. As Y9 will cost 12500 after bank discount and extra exchange discount, Realme X will cost 15500 after icici discount.
Your help is really appreciated.

Totally depends if u wanna exchange ur old device or not.
Even if ur exchanging ur device , still the difference will be around 2500 for which u get

1 in-display fingerprint vs side finger print ( which is worst then back)
2 better selfie camera
3 better rear camera
4 better processor(huawei is comparable to 660)
5 better display( amoled vs lcd)

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
manyfacegod wrote:

Totally depends if u wanna exchange ur old device or not.
Even if ur exchanging ur device , still the difference will be around 2500 for which u get

1 in-display fingerprint vs side finger print ( which is worst then back)
2 better selfie camera
3 better rear camera
4 better processor(huawei is comparable to 660)
5 better display( amoled vs lcd)

Side finger print is not bad. Many people like it.
Other points are valid.
Also from my personal experience , Honor(Huawei) support is super bad. Can’t comment on realme phones as I never used them.

Baba ji
Deal Lieutenant

Not bad after exchange + extra cash backs.
VFM smile

Missing
Deal Cadet
JaggaSourabh wrote:

If you play some medium to heavy games games then I suggest you to go with Realme X.

Tldr:
———-
RealMe X has 1.3 times more GPU power than Y9.

I can tell you why.
I own a Honor phone . It has honor’s flagship Kirin processor (of that time) in it. CPU is really powerful comparable to that year’s Snapdragon flagship processor.
But the GPU sucks on my Kirin chipset .
In Kirin 960 processor (that is in my phone) has Mali G71 MP8 GPU .
In the Y9 , it has Kirin 710 chipset which has Mali G51 MP4 which still has 30% less graphical power than my phone which is released 2 years ago(I bought it last year) .
Now you can say , oh but yours had flagship processor no that’s why. But it is not the case if you look at Snapdragon side.
The Snapdragon 710 on the RealMe is not like that. It has Adreno 616 GPU which is almost same with my phone(Mali G71 MP8.
No I hope you understand GPU on Kirin 710 powered Y9 is really bad compared to SD 710 powered RealMe.

Also Google Cam(if you want to use) needs Hexagon DSP which is present on Snapdragon devices only.

AR apps might not work on non Snapdragon phones .

It is sad but true that honor’s flagship processor’s GPU isn’t that powerful enough then you can understand how well the mid range phone is gonna be.

But on the latest Honor flagships that’s not the case though. They are powerful enough though not as Snapdragon flagship variants still.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
jileg wrote:

Side finger print is not bad. Many people like it.
Other points are valid.
Also from my personal experience , Honor(Huawei) support is super bad. Can’t comment on realme phones as I never used them.

Realme support must be good coz it belongs to the Babka group which owns oneplus , vivo, oppo, imoo, and service centers must be common i am assuming, they are now one of the 3 biggest sellers in india, other 2 being xiaomi and samsung

Missing
Deal Cadet

To those who dont really need a phone on urgent basis, better to wait. Popup cams are a temporary thing, just like the ugly ass notch before, then the teardrop notch then hole punch, and now this popup. 6 months from now, with SD735/SD865, we will have 5g , inscreen fps, and inscreen camera as standard. Makes sense to go for that if one is planning to use 2 yrs or so. once 5g comes, non 5g phones will have kachra value. Now oversmart people dont need to point out when will 5g come blah blah. Bhai even if it comes late,i am assuming one doesnt change phones everymonth, in which case one can buy anything smile

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
jileg wrote:

If you play some medium to heavy games games then I suggest you to go with Realme X.

I can tell you why.
I own a Honor phone . It has honor’s flagship Kirin processor (of that time) in it. CPU is really powerful comparable to that year’s Snapdragon flagship processor.
In the Y9 , it has Kirin 710 chipset which has Mali G51 MP4 which still has 30% less graphical power than my phone which is released 2 years ago(I bought it last year) .
Now you can say , oh but yours had flagship processor no that’s why. But it is not the case if you look at Snapdragon side.
The Snapdragon 710 on the RealMe is not like that. It has Adreno 616 GPU which has 2% more graphical power than my phone.
No I hope you understand GPU on Kirin 710 powered Y9 is really bad compared to SD 710 powered RealMe.

Also Google Cam(if you want to use) needs Hexagon DSP which is present on Snapdragon devices only.

It is sad but true that honor’s flagship processor’s GPU isn’t that powerful enough then you can understand how well the mid range phone is gonna be.

But on the latest Honor flagships that’s not the case though. They are powerful enough though not as Snapdragon flagship variants still.

Thanks for the detailed analysis bro.

Images %2817%29
Deal Lieutenant

I had LG stylus, Redmi note 6 pro, vivo v7, honor 8x, honor play.
I kept honor play and sold the rest on olx)

Some points and reasons:

Screen on LG was best and honor play 2nd best
Screen of other phones seemed 720p, despite being 1080p

Sound in earphones honor play best & Redmi 2nd best
LG 3rd., vivo & 8x were far behind

Processing and lag free was only honor play. All others lagged at some point. LG lagged a lot being only 450

I wanted fastest, best sound in earphones, best screen. So I chose honor play over this.

It’s been 7-8 months since then. Desidime ka keeda for jaag raha Hai.

Wanted to buy 6.7 to 6.9 inch bezelless.

Samsung a70 and one plus 7 pro too pricey.
Lenovo tab v7 seems very good but processor is slow.

Saw realme x on sale today. But discount was less. Y9 has many equavalent features as realme x. And screen size is tad bigger (though not much noticeable). But DD kaa keeda Hai. Discount Y9 pe jyada Tha.

Also did not get much time for x as it got oos soon after 15 mins or so. I had gotten a bit busy so don’t know exactly for how much it was there.

Though my real wish is to have something in 6.9 inch like z7 tab. But the processor is too slow. But I am still thinking about it. My primary purpose is media consumption.

Missing
Deal Newbie
akkiocean93181 wrote:

Got for ₹11190/-

Can someone please explain how it comes to 11190/- ?

Missing
Deal Cadet
lekhwani wrote:

I had LG stylus, Redmi note 6 pro, vivo v7, honor 8x, honor play.
I kept honor play and sold the rest on olx)

Some points and reasons:

Screen on LG was best and honor play 2nd best
Screen of other phones seemed 720p, despite being 1080p

Sound in earphones honor play best & Redmi 2nd best
LG 3rd., vivo & 8x were far behind

Processing and lag free was only honor play. All others lagged at some point. LG lagged a lot being only 450

I wanted fastest, best sound in earphones, best screen. So I chose honor play over this.

It’s been 7-8 months since then. Desidime ka keeda for jaag raha Hai.

Wanted to buy 6.7 to 6.9 inch bezelless.

Samsung a70 and one plus 7 pro too pricey.
Lenovo tab v7 seems very good but processor is slow.

Saw realme x on sale today. But discount was less. Y9 has many equavalent features as realme x. And screen size is tad bigger (though not much noticeable). But DD kaa keeda Hai. Discount Y9 pe jyada Tha.

Also did not get much time for x as it got oos soon after 15 mins or so. I had gotten a bit busy so don’t know exactly for how much it was there.

Though my real wish is to have something in 6.9 inch like z7 tab. But the processor is too slow. But I am still thinking about it. My primary purpose is media consumption.

what abt k20/ k20 pro?

Images %2817%29
Deal Lieutenant

They seem good. But a bit on the costlier side. By about 2-4000.

Redmi phones have good sound in earphones as well as speakers. User interface is astounding. Best of all in Android world. Lot of features. Mi cloud is also there.
Inbuilt cleaner is the best in the world. One can have dual apps for all applications. Unlike 3-4 in other phones.

I own mi max 2 as well. All the above said things hold true. It’s just that android version is bit old. They purposefully are not providing higher versions of Android. But MIUI version is regularly updated.

But updates won’t be a problem in k20 or k20 pro. These are already on Android 9.

Images %2817%29
Deal Lieutenant

My honor play is too good too.

Antutu is around 200000. Good for gamers as well.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
jileg wrote:

I can tell you why.
The Snapdragon 710 on the RealMe is not like that. It has Adreno 616 GPU which has 2% more graphical power than my phone.

not 2 percent brother check here https://www.notebookcheck.net/Adreno-616-vs-Mal...
The difference is greater. Although it depends on applications and optimizations for chipset as well as honor has game boost but still, there is a considerable difference in many benchmarks.

Missing
Deal Newbie

+1

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
gurudev9460 wrote:

not 2 percent brother check here https://www.notebookcheck.net/Adreno-616-vs-Mal...
The difference is greater. Although it depends on applications and optimizations for chipset as well as honor has game boost but still, there is a considerable difference in many benchmarks.

You got me wrong.
I said 2% difference between Mali G71 MP8 and Adreno 616 not with Mali G51 MP4.
Between Mali G51 MP8 and Adreno 616 difference it greater than 30%.

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
JaggaSourabh wrote:

Can someone please explain how it comes to 11190/- ?

5% instant discount on amazon pay
500rs cashback on prepaid order
Extra upto ₹1500 on exchange

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
akkiocean93181 wrote:

5% instant discount on amazon pay
500rs cashback on prepaid order
Extra upto ₹1500 on exchange

You mean 11190/- also include the cost of your old phone.

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
JaggaSourabh wrote:

You mean 11190/- also include the cost of your old phone.

Yes

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
akkiocean93181 wrote:

Yes

But you can get a good deal
500 cashback and 5% instant discount on amazon cc and plus u get 5% cashback on cc

Missing