As we grow as a community, here are some rules and guidelines you must follow and understand before you submit a deal.
- Deal Title should have atleast the following information:
- Product Name
- Shipping Charges (if applicable)
- Store Name
- Deal should have the following details atleast
- Product name
- Offer price
- Deal link
- Product description (Write a few lines!)
- Before posting a deal check if it is already posted.
- Update – 4/12/2011 – Duplicate deal will be immediately deleted.
- One warning would be given after which 2 dimes will be deducted
- After second warning if still some one reposts, 10 dimes will be deducted
- After which, the user would be suspended for a week
- Affiliate links
- Anyone who posts an affiliate link would be given one warning
- After which 5 dimes will be deducted
- After which 20 dimes will be deducted
- After which the user would be banned/suspended from posting
- Deals getting over in few days time should be posted in daily deal forum
- Coupons should be posted in the coupons/freebies forum
- Local deals only in Local deals section
- Any person being abusive, will be given one warning, and non adherence will lead to instant suspension/ban
- Self promotion is not allowed – any one promoting their site without giving a good deal would not be allowed.
- Front Page deals will be selected purely on merit. There is no secret sauce except posting quality deals. Remember, to always vote for good deals to be an active member of the community.
- If you find that a deal is posted again, please reply to the thread saying thats it a repost and provide the link to the original URL.
- Moderators reserve the right to copy deals into other forums. If you dont find them, check if you posted in wrong forum and if it got moved to another forum.
- You may not be able to delete a new submitted deal. If you posted it in error, you can alert an Admin/Moderator by replying to the thread, and we will delete such topics.
- Lottery deals, pay Rs. xx and win a chance to win xx or get your money back etc must be posted in “Freebies & Contests” forum. Any such deals submitted in “Daily Deals” or “Hot Deals – Online” Forum will be immediately deleted.
- You are encouraged to post only good eBay Deals. If the seller has less than 50 feedback, such listings will be immediately deleted. However, if the seller is being promoted via eBay too, then its fine to post. Use your instincts or PM us for help.
- Any kind of self-promotion will be immediately deleted and user suspended..
Update for 20th November:
Since last few days it is just irritating and sad seeing people taking digs at each other and getting personal, using foul, rude, abusive language… It is not what DesiDime is about…. this community is to make friends……. find the best deals…. and help each other
It is definitely not to abuse the hell out of each other
We were not taking action as we thought it was one of incidence, but this is becoming a nuisance value
We think enough is enough
If any one is found abusing personally attacking, calling others deal bakwaas, or any rude language…. will be suspended for 2 days….
Still if the user does not change suspension for month…… followed by BAN
We do not like to be aggressive please don’t force us, really request you guys to be more cordial with each other….. we are not enemies man…. some people might make a mistake help that person out rather than being abusive
Updated on 25th April 2013
- Upcoming deals can be posted in advance provided sufficient proof exists for the same (official communication on webiste, image proof).
- Upcoming deal should have atleast following information
- Product name
- product link
- Time/day as when the deal will be live.
- Once deal is live Original poster has 10 minutes to update his/her thread with compelete information(product link, exact price & shipping) along with final price to get FPD credits. Or else the first person to update thread with correct information will be given credits.
- If original poster fails to do so or if the deal is not live as per time mentioned by him/her,then that thread can be deleted/locked.
- Expired/LIVE Deals-
- If deal was expired and goes live again, and the original post is not more than 15 days old, then creating a new thread IS A REPOST. Such threads may or may not be merged into the original post. Update the existing thread with a comment to help us. If it turns out to be FPD, we will anyways give you credit. Don’t worry about it.
- If a deal remains live then creating a new thread for the same deal just because 15 days have passed by is considered a Repost. Such threads would be simply deleted.
- Coupons –
- If a coupon code can be applied on an existing deal making its price drop further and the original post is not more than 15 days old, then creating a new thread is considered as REPOST. Please just update the original thread with the coupon (Due credit will be given to the person who updated the post in case the deal goes on Front Page). Such threads might simply get merged into the original posts.
- If a different coupon can be applied on a deal reducing/not reducing the effective price and the original post is not more than 15 days old, then creating a new thread is considered as REPOST. Please just update the original thread. Credits will be given as stated above in case the deal goes on Front Page. Such threads might simply get merged into the original posts.
- Offline Discounts/IVR Discounts/Phone recharge vouchers – These discounts are very user specific. Its fine to mention about them in your post but if you consider your price as lowest because of that and starts a new topic, then it will be considered as REPOST.
- Simultaneous posts – If more than one user post a same deal simultaneously with complete details, then the latter thread is considered as a Repost. Only the former poster will receive the credit in case the deal makes it to front page.
Please note that short-cut/incomplete posts submitted just to be the first one to post will not be considered even though if they are edited with full details later on. In such cases the next one who posted with full details would be considered as OP and credits awarded to him/her.
- Upcoming deal becoming LIVE – If an upcoming deal becomes live and the existing post contains the final price of the product and the time of deal going live, then creating a new thread when deal goes live is considered a re-post even if it contains any coupon codes not disclosed earlier. Just update the thread with a comment if you want peple to note that the deal has gone live. Credits would only be awarded to the first person who posted the announcement/deal with sufficient details.
For example, Superdeals of Homeshop18 has 6 products of which 3 have final price disclosed but the remaining 3 does not have the final price disclosed yet. The first deal with correct final price will be considered as valid and credits would be given only to the OP of that deal..
- Price Change – If a new price appears for a product at the same store/link (price drops to be specific), then you must create a new thread and it will not be considered a repost. You can also simply comment in the original thread. Though a new thread will ensure that other people are aware of the price update.
- Expired/Live Deals – Deals will expire and will go live again. If deal was expired and goes live again, and the original post is more than 15 days old (it would say something like posted 16 days ago, 1 month ago, posted 2 months ago etc..) then creating a new thread is not considered as repost.
- Coupons -
- If a coupon code can be applied on an existing deal making its price drop further and the original post is more than 15 days old, then creating a new thread is not considered as Repost.
- If a different coupon can be applied on a deal reducing/not reducing the effective price and the original post is more than 15 days old, then creating a new thread is not considered as Repost.
- Simultaneous posts – If more than one user post a same deal simultaneously and the first post is not with complete details while second deal is with all the details, then the second post is not considered as a Repost. Poster with complete details will receive the credit in case the deal makes it to front page and the threads shall be merged.
Again note that short-cut/incomplete posts submitted will not be considered even though if they are edited with full details later on and the next one to post with full details shall be considered.
- Upcoming deal becoming LIVE – If an upcoming deal becomes live and the existing post does not contain the final price of the product or the exact time of deal going live, then creating a new thread with final price of product when deal goes live is not considered a re-post. Credits would only be awarded to the latter one who posted the live deal with all details in case it makes it to the front page.
Only English fonts are allowed in Hotdeal section.
You can use any language in hotdeal section but fonts must be in English. If you are using any other language other than English, then you will have to provide its translation in English.