Hey! It seems you are on a very old deal.
Check out these latest deals for Computers, laptops & Accessories from Paytm or the deals across all stores in Computers, laptops & Accessories

Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 Professional OEM 32 Bit @ 1399 on PayTM

  • 2229 Views
  • 47 Comments
  • Last comment
  • Reasons

    Vote down Reasons

    • Repost : 2
    • Product not good/not worth the price : 4
    • Bad Reviews for Website/Seller : 3
    • Self Promotion : 1
Hey! It seems you are on a very old deal.
Check out these latest deals for Computers, laptops & Accessories from Paytm or the deals across all stores in Computers, laptops & Accessories
164
Deal Cadet
2
157
360
5

Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 Professional OEM 32 Bit @ 1399 on PayTM
https://paytm.com/shop/p/microsoft-windows-8-8-...

Rs. 9,800 @ FlipKart – http://www.flipkart.com/microsoft-windows-8-8-1...

Not much idea about it. just found large price difference. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

46 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
My name
Deal Lieutenant
0
317
3212
62

Is this pirated :-p

Logo man utd
Deal Subedar
6
50
1668
73

Lol microsoft will sue paytm for allowing this listing.

Missing
Deal Cadet
4
372
530
4

i had dropped them a legal mail and also post on their facebook page waiting for their comments https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

164
Deal Cadet
2
157
360
5
@pritesh_cool_dude205 wrote:

i had dropped them a legal mail and also post on their facebook page waiting for their comments https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif


Got any reply?

Timon    gesture drawing by gooseberry007
Deal Lieutenant
0
0
4890
38
pritesh_cool_dude205 wrote:

i had dropped them a legal mail and also post on their facebook page waiting for their comments https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

bhai tu bill gates ke liye kaam karta hai kya?

Healthy
Deal Cadet
1
119
812
9

No reason to give red faces.
OP has just seen a good deal and posted.
Its not his work to know whether it is pirated or not,
Besides no evidence has been posted to conclusively prove that it is pirated, though from given price there is indication that it might be so.
Voting up for a good find.

164
Deal Cadet
2
157
360
5
@deepak38 wrote:

No reason to give red faces.
OP has just seen a good deal and posted.
Its not his work to know whether it is pirated or not,
Besides no evidence has been posted to conclusively prove that it is pirated, though from given price there is indication that it might be so.
Voting up for a good find.


You are correct.. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

My name
Deal Lieutenant
0
317
3212
62
deepak38 wrote:

No reason to give red faces.
OP has just seen a good deal and posted.
Its not his work to know whether it is pirated or not,
Besides no evidence has been posted to conclusively prove that it is pirated, though from given price there is indication that it might be so.
Voting up for a good find.

oh really!!!
Then I can post software links (including premium android apps & games with cracks) on DD…right?

Baba ji
Deal Lieutenant
7
433
5534
111

The OP should do some research before posting.
Posting anything should not be allowed.
It might be possible that several people purchased it and will not be repenting.

Giphy
Deal Lieutenant
26
29
3638
52

OEM – Original equipment manufacturer

torrent se download karlo , kya bekar paisa kharcha karte ho .

Napster icon
Critic
4
43
5038
100

OEM licenses are meant to be used by OEMs. When these are sold and bought by individuals, it is the same as pirated. Even if activation is successful, the key might get blacklisted later and you will get a message that you are using an unauthorised copy. Anyway, Windows 10 upgrade will be free for all including pirated. Moreover 32 bit OS cannot use more than 3.2 GB of RAM.

VD because this is pirated software.

164
Deal Cadet
2
157
360
5
@DealLooter wrote:

deepak38 wrote:

No reason to give red faces.
OP has just seen a good deal and posted.
Its not his work to know whether it is pirated or not,
Besides no evidence has been posted to conclusively prove that it is pirated, though from given price there is indication that it might be so.
Voting up for a good find.

oh really!!!
Then I can post software links (including premium android apps & games with cracks) on DD…right?



Original software and cracked version are different things. as one dimer said without proof of pirated you should not give red face. because software sold on Paytm, Flipkart, Snapdeal should not be pirated.


@xuseronline wrote:

The OP should do some research before posting.
Posting anything should not be allowed.
It might be possible that several people purchased it and will not be repenting.


@arghya wrote:

OEM – Original equipment manufacturer

torrent se download karlo , kya bekar paisa kharcha karte ho .



it depends on person to download from torrent or purchase. as per your logic if there is bookmyshow offer, interested people should not go to cinema and download torrent and see movie at home?


@enapster wrote:

OEM licenses are meant to be used by OEMs. When these are sold and bought by individuals, it is the same as pirated. Even if activation is successful, the key might get blacklisted later and you will get a message that you are using an unauthorised copy. Anyway, Windows 10 upgrade will be free for all including pirated. Moreover 32 bit OS cannot use more than 3.2 GB of RAM.

VD because this is pirated software.




How can you say it is pirated? I think pirated software are not sold on such reputed websites.
Windows 8.1 OEM is available on;
flipkart : http://www.flipkart.com/microsoft-windows-8-8-1...
newegg : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item...
amazon.com : http://www.amazon.com/Windows-8-1-System-Builde...
Ebay : http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid...
ebuyer : http://www.ebuyer.com/581065-windows-8-1-32-bit...
bestbuy : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/windows-8-1-profess...

Napster icon
Critic
4
43
5038
100

@Paresh

When you do not hold a legal license for the software, it is pirated. OEM software is not meant to be sold separately, it is supposed to be bundled with hardware. When you buy OEM software, it is similar to buying a stolen laptop. You are NOT the legal owner even though you paid for it. Just because many reputed online stores are selling it doesn’t make it legal.

164
Deal Cadet
2
157
360
5
@enapster wrote:

@Paresh

When you do not hold a legal license for the software, it is pirated. OEM software is not meant to be sold separately, it is supposed to be bundled with hardware. When you buy OEM software, it is similar to buying a stolen laptop. You are NOT the legal owner even though you paid for it. Just because many reputed online stores are selling it doesn’t make it legal.


if such websites are illegally selling software, Microsoft would have sued these website. if you see, box pack in all website looks like released by Microsoft

Perv batman
suspended
1
79
220
10
@enapster wrote:

Windows 10 upgrade will be free for all including pirated.


This was clarified later. Although the upgrade will be provided to all users (even pirated), it will not change it’s ‘pirated’ status. It will still remain an unlicensed copy of Windows.

Napster icon
Critic
4
43
5038
100
@Paresh wrote:

@enapster wrote:

@Paresh

When you do not hold a legal license for the software, it is pirated. OEM software is not meant to be sold separately, it is supposed to be bundled with hardware. When you buy OEM software, it is similar to buying a stolen laptop. You are NOT the legal owner even though you paid for it. Just because many reputed online stores are selling it doesn’t make it legal.


if such websites are illegally selling software, Microsoft would have sued these website. if you see, box pack in all website looks like released by Microsoft


Those are released by Microsoft, but it is OEM. I don’t think you know much about OEM software. That’s the reason you are holding onto your point. Microsoft sells OS software to OEMs for USD 2 per PC. They are not allowed to re-sell the software alone. The support for these users is provided by the OEM. e.g. If you buy a Dell PC with Windows pre-installed, you have to call the Dell call centre if you need help. Just because Microsoft has not sued these web sites does make it legal either.

These are genuine:
http://www.flipkart.com/microsoft-windows-8-1-3...
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/microsoft-windo...

There is a difference between retail box packs and OEM DVD discs.

Perv batman
suspended
1
79
220
10

Just to add more clarification to not so techie users
This will (hopefully if the seller is authentic) give you a unique key to install Windows which will never be blacklisted.
What others have been trying to tell you is that this key is meant for a system builder (like Dell, Lenovo etc.) So LEGALLY speaking, you as an End user, should not be buying it. But that’s strictly LEGALLY speaking.

If however, you’re looking for a fail proof method, you don’t want any sort of crack/patch on your system, you don’t want MS to ever display “Windows not genuine” tag, then this is the cheapest option for you.

PS: I have no idea why OEM is associated with non genuine items. I have seen lots of sellers selling fake Samsung batteries and list them as OEM. OEM does not mean fake. It just means it is meant for manufacturers. OEM is as original as it should be.

Perv batman
suspended
1
79
220
10

Just to add some differences,
1)You will not be able to contact support (as somebody said above)
2)You cannot UPGRADE previous Windows (like 7) to 8 using this. This must be clean installed.

Napster icon
Critic
4
43
5038
100
@saurabh3321735 wrote:

Just to add more clarification to not so techie users
This will (hopefully if the seller is authentic) give you a unique key to install Windows which will never be blacklisted.
What others have been trying to tell you is that this key is meant for a system builder (like Dell, Lenovo etc.) So LEGALLY speaking, you as an End user, should not be buying it. But that’s strictly LEGALLY speaking.

If however, you’re looking for a fail proof method, you don’t want any sort of crack/patch on your system, you don’t want MS to ever display “Windows not genuine” tag, then this is the cheapest option for you.

PS: I have no idea why OEM is associated with non genuine items. I have seen lots of sellers selling fake Samsung batteries and list them as OEM. OEM does not mean fake. It just means it is meant for manufacturers. OEM is as original as it should be.


Genuine OEM is an genuine product. e.g. Sometime back LiteOn manufactured DVD drives for Sony. i.e. LiteOn was the OEM supplier for Sony. You could buy an OEM Sony Drive manufactured by LiteOn without the Sony label and it’s still original. Most batteries passed off as Samsung OEM are fakes. This logic applies only to physical products.

Software is a totally different story. If you make a replica of an original Microsoft Windows 8.1 DVD, the copy is as original as the original, every bit of it. But if you use it for installation on a different PC, it is pirated.

“If however, you’re looking for a fail proof method, you don’t want any sort of crack/patch on your system, you don’t want MS to ever display “Windows not genuine” tag, then this is the cheapest option for you." – This statement is wrong.

The cheapest way is to get hold of an “original copy” of the OS, search and get a key from the internet, install using the key without connecting to internet, then use the phone activation method. You can find details on the internet. After activation you can connect to the internet and if you have done it right, you will never get the “Windows not genuine” nag.

Remember, if a retail customer buys OEM software, it is the same as pirated.

Perv batman
suspended
1
79
220
10
@enapster wrote:

@saurabh3321735 wrote:

Just to add more clarification to not so techie users
This will (hopefully if the seller is authentic) give you a unique key to install Windows which will never be blacklisted.
What others have been trying to tell you is that this key is meant for a system builder (like Dell, Lenovo etc.) So LEGALLY speaking, you as an End user, should not be buying it. But that’s strictly LEGALLY speaking.

If however, you’re looking for a fail proof method, you don’t want any sort of crack/patch on your system, you don’t want MS to ever display “Windows not genuine” tag, then this is the cheapest option for you.

PS: I have no idea why OEM is associated with non genuine items. I have seen lots of sellers selling fake Samsung batteries and list them as OEM. OEM does not mean fake. It just means it is meant for manufacturers. OEM is as original as it should be.


Genuine OEM is an genuine product. e.g. Sometime back LiteOn manufactured DVD drives for Sony. i.e. LiteOn was the OEM supplier for Sony. You could buy an OEM Sony Drive manufactured by LiteOn without the Sony label and it’s still original. Most batteries passed off as Samsung OEM are fakes. This logic applies only to physical products.

Software is a totally different story. If you make a replica of an original Microsoft Windows 8.1 DVD, the copy is as original as the original, every bit of it. But if you use it for installation on a different PC, it is pirated.

“If however, you’re looking for a fail proof method, you don’t want any sort of crack/patch on your system, you don’t want MS to ever display “Windows not genuine” tag, then this is the cheapest option for you." – This statement is wrong.

The cheapest way is to get hold of an “original copy” of the OS, search and get a key from the internet, install using the key without connecting to internet, then use the phone activation method. You can find details on the internet. After activation you can connect to the internet and if you have done it right, you will never get the “Windows not genuine” nag.

Remember, if a retail customer buys OEM software, it is the same as pirated.


Allow me to disagree

“With the Personal Use License, end users can buy an OEM System Builder License and use it on a machine they self-build, or as an operating system installed on its own partition in a dual-boot configuration, or in a virtual machine.” – Copied from windows 8 license agreement.

Like I said, piracy in general involves installing patch/crack. Your phone activation works on the VL version not retail. For those who don’t want a ‘foreign body’ in their windows system files, this is the cheapest way.
The cheapest way to run a intact Windows by paying Microsoft a share. I’d say this is morally 10 times better than those who install it via torrents. You are simply tweaking the EULA. Some people may call it breaking it. But the fact is, system builder keys are one of the highest selling format for original Windows. Microsoft knows about it they just don’t care. Not to mention they can’t revoke OEM keys for obvious reasons.

Perv batman
suspended
1
79
220
10

But let me reiterate,
I don’t know if this seller will give a genuine OEM key.
Because this is a crazy low price.
2000 ki to Microsoft meko deta hai being a developer https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
Ye to usse bhi sasta de rha h https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Logo man utd
Deal Subedar
6
50
1668
73

I got 8 WIndows 8 Keys, 6 Windows 8.1,6 Windows 7 ,And lots of WIndows Vista and XP original keys from microsoft dreamspark premium for free…..

All are OEM and original…i can sell easily on such websites…but you are not allowed to sell these keys,i had listed on ebay and it was taken down, microsoft asked ebay to take down the listing.

Logo man utd
Deal Subedar
6
50
1668
73
@Paresh wrote:

@enapster wrote:

@Paresh

When you do not hold a legal license for the software, it is pirated. OEM software is not meant to be sold separately, it is supposed to be bundled with hardware. When you buy OEM software, it is similar to buying a stolen laptop. You are NOT the legal owner even though you paid for it. Just because many reputed online stores are selling it doesn’t make it legal.


if such websites are illegally selling software, Microsoft would have sued these website. if you see, box pack in all website looks like released by Microsoft


Paytm has not yet made rules regarding this.

Microsoft might have already contacted Paytm.

My friend tried to sell on shopclues as well,eventually microsoft contacted shopclues as well to take it down.

Process is slow,but it will be taken down.

Perv batman
suspended
1
79
220
10
@prateeksahoo337 wrote:

I got 8 WIndows 8 Keys, 6 Windows 8.1,6 Windows 7 ,And lots of WIndows Vista and XP original keys from microsoft dreamspark premium for free…..

All are OEM and original…i can sell easily on such websites…but you are not allowed to sell these keys,i had listed on ebay and it was taken down, microsoft asked ebay to take down the listing.


Ebay does not allow selling digital items. They will ban you for sure for selling keys, codes, download links etc
Search for windows OEM on Amazon US or BestBuy. Microsoft never asks them to take down the listing.

164
Deal Cadet
2
157
360
5

All dimers have given red face based on their myth.

Frequently Asked Questions for OEM Resellers and System Builders
http://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/Pages/support-f...

Read Disclaimer from newegg.com

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item...
in “Specifications” tab.

Disclaimer: Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal cannot be transferred to another computer once it is installed. To acquire Windows software with support provided by Microsoft please see our full package “Retail” product computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows software and offerings.

As per all above description local computer manufacturer (assembler) can pre-install windows and sell.

Lll
Deal Lieutenant
12
369
3196
48

I voted up for this deal.
@Paresh don’t bother. Let the Schmuck’s blabber. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_twisted.gif
On the other hand, I never judge a thread by the amount of red faces it has gotten. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif
If it’s worth it, I will vote up, no matter what. Keep posting great deals, never argue on unproductive comments. Never ever!

@Paresh wrote:

it depends on person to download from torrent or purchase. as per your logic if there is bookmyshow offer, interested people should not go to cinema and download torrent and see movie at home?


This comment was a killer one. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Logo man utd
Deal Subedar
6
50
1668
73
@saurabh3321735 wrote:

@prateeksahoo337 wrote:

I got 8 WIndows 8 Keys, 6 Windows 8.1,6 Windows 7 ,And lots of WIndows Vista and XP original keys from microsoft dreamspark premium for free…..

All are OEM and original…i can sell easily on such websites…but you are not allowed to sell these keys,i had listed on ebay and it was taken down, microsoft asked ebay to take down the listing.


Ebay does not allow selling digital items. They will ban you for sure for selling keys, codes, download links etc
Search for windows OEM on Amazon US or BestBuy. Microsoft never asks them to take down the listing.


Microsoft did ask them,since i got a copy of the mail too https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
4
372
530
4

Finally Got below response from “Paytm”

I would like to inform you that paytm is always providing genuine products .
I hope this helps. Should you need any further assistance, let me know.
Look forward to see you again at Paytm.

Missing