Hotness Redmi K20 Pro 128GB (Carbon Black, 6GB RAM)

Hot Deal Redmi K20 Pro 128GB (Carbon Black, 6GB RAM)

685°
23999
17% OFF 28999.0
Unnamed
Deal Cadet
98
316
3

https://shop.gadgetsnow.com/smartphones/redmi-k...

Order at your own risk. Might be a price error.

  • Expiring In 2 days
69 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
242
1673
20

What..
Why…
Instead transfer money to pm relief fund, blessings toh milegi atleast

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257

Site is Genuine
But spending 24k on this is not worth it stuck_out_tongue

Unnamed
Deal Cadet
98
316
3
getready wrote:

Site is Genuine
But spending 24k on this is not worth it stuck_out_tongue

Why not bro? I personally feel that it’s worth this price.

Unnamed
Deal Cadet
98
316
3

The site may not be trustworthy, that’s why I have written ‘Order at your own risk’.

Missing
Deal Newbie
52
20
0

Good price. Any experience with the site?

Missing
Deal Newbie
110
92
0
getready wrote:

Site is Genuine
But spending 24k on this is not worth it stuck_out_tongue

Snapdragon 855 / 6GB RAM / notchless display / pop up camera / on screen fingerprint all this at 24K what else you want??

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
cool_or wrote:

Snapdragon 855 / 6GB RAM / notchless display / pop up camera / on screen fingerprint all this at 24K what else you want??

All this @ an effective 26/27k , you can get it @ flipkart from the very first sale itself (July 12)
Why there are only 16k reviews?

You think, this whopping 2k price difference will magically change users decision to not get this phone ?
Also with BBD & GIS in less than 2 weeks from now, its not a wise decision to make impulsive purchases for a mere 2/3k price difference unless you’re particularly looking to buy this phone

Unnamed
Deal Cadet
98
316
3
Expand
getready wrote:

All this @ an effective 26/27k , you can get it @ flipkart from the very first sale itself (July 12)
Why there are only 16k reviews?

You think, this whopping 2k price difference will magically change users decision to not get this phone ?
Also with BBD & GIS in less than 2 weeks from now, its not a wise decision to make impulsive purchases for a mere 2/3k price difference unless you’re particularly looking to buy this phone

There’s a price difference of Rs. 4000.

By effective price you mean with the bank offers and/or buying multiple gift cards at discounted prices? Then this price could also further go down as it accepts Amazon Pay as payment option.

I do agree on the Big Billion Sale and Great Indian Sale part, there might be further discounts on Flipkart itself.

Missing
Deal Cadet
141
634
17
Expand
cool_or wrote:

Snapdragon 855 / 6GB RAM / notchless display / pop up camera / on screen fingerprint all this at 24K what else you want??

simpler times wink

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20
getready wrote:

Site is Genuine
But spending 24k on this is not worth it stuck_out_tongue

What else is worth for you?

75pe
Deal Subedar
227
2787
32
Expand
waterloo wrote:

simpler times wink

Pls don’t post age restricted contents..kids also use desidime.

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

What else is worth for you?

Depends on lots of factors lol*
Just because it has raw specs doesn’t mean it is the best available

Price to Discount ratio
Product Launch Date
Chinese selling price (2299 Yuan) vs the selling price here
Global Demand <> XDA Development
(Varies per user*)

I would say 24k should’ve been the launch price or the official SP considering the poor demand this phone has sunglasses
May be FK will sell it for the same price or for cheap during BBD

75pe
Deal Subedar
227
2787
32
Thunder766 wrote:

The site may not be trustworthy, that’s why I have written ‘Order at your own risk’.

Site is safe.i have ordered a phone once… It’s. A part of ndtv venture.

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
86
0
Expand
Simbha3 wrote:

Site is safe.i have ordered a phone once… It’s. A part of ndtv venture.

NDTV’s venture is called Gadgets360.
GadgetsNow “claims” to be a part of Times Of India Group

75pe
Deal Subedar
227
2787
32
Expand
jimmy786 wrote:

NDTV’s venture is called Gadgets360.
GadgetsNow “claims” to be a part of Times Of India Group

Got confused.. ordered from gadgets 360.. but if it s toi its safe.

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
jimmy786 wrote:

NDTV’s venture is called Gadgets360.
GadgetsNow “claims” to be a part of Times Of India Group

GadgetsNow used to be “http://shopping.indiatime...m/” before they made it shopping+News+affiliate site

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20
Expand
getready wrote:

Depends on lots of factors lol*
Just because it has raw specs doesn’t mean it is the best available

Price to Discount ratio
Product Launch Date
Chinese selling price (2299 Yuan) vs the selling price here
Global Demand <> XDA Development
(Varies per user*)

I would say 24k should’ve been the launch price or the official SP considering the poor demand this phone has sunglasses
May be FK will sell it for the same price or for cheap during BBD

I’m asking what else gives a better value in that price range in India. We all know price will drop a bit on sale days.

Missing
Deal Cadet
139
690
69

flipkart mrp 28999 sp-27999
Gn mrp 25556 sp-23999

on SP 4000 difference. Will there any bank offer in BBD which covers 4000 rs difference?

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

I’m asking what else gives a better value in that price range in India. //We all know price will drop a bit on sale days.//

Why even ask me
Why not search on FK/Amazon directly?
For someone who is aware of regular prices and sale prices, this should’nt be much?

Anyways if you consider the 28k launch price, now you have brands like Asus ( Zenphone 5Z , 6Z..), LG (G7, G8 series..), OP7 (Price drop soon) , Nubia Red magic also selling their flagships in the same price range (10-20% PD). Even Xiaomi’s own black shark 2 is a much better option than this if you consider the 28k launch price (40k launch price – 35k in 3 months – For BBD ??). So there is no exceptional price to performance ratio offered

+ I would not spend much on a phone if i feel a phone’s resale value will go down drastically in the next 1 month or so. For 24k without any bank offers (May be extra 2% savings with amazon gv?), there is nothing exciting about this deal.

Plus considering xiaomi’s pathetic QC, i wouldn’t risk 24k
https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/... (My Experience)
Uneven Brightness
https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/how-to...
//Curiously, at low brightness levels, the brightness of the display does not appear to be uniform throughout the panel and there are visible columns of light and dark gray colors while using apps with a Dark theme/mode. Dylan confirms that the issue is venial as it plagues almost every mid-range OLED panels.//
Ghost Touch
//However, the ghost touch issue linked with the 3-finger screenshot gesture, which peeved many POCO F1 users, persists on this device too. Surely, disabling the gesture option is an ideal way to deal with this but I would expect Xiaomi to fix the issue after almost a year of agitation by the users. Plus, it basically renders an effective gesture in MIUI useless. There’s no promise on a software fix for this bug yet but I hope Xiaomi continues to embrace feedback from the users.//
Ref: https://www.xda-developers.com/redmi-k20-pro-xi...

Even if they fix the issues (if any), its not worth it risking your premium phones with scratches n all. The same debate existed when Poco F1 was launched, guess what followed next ? Their Initial batches have all got a faulty display and within 4 months from launch FK was selling the phone for 18k effective (20% lesser compared to launch price) + exchange offers

And it is 2-2.5 months from K20 pro launch, it is already outdated if u consider the technological advancements these days
Phones with Snapdragon 855+ will be out in the next couple of weeks (Rog Phone 2, OnePlus 7T..) and even Xiaomi is planning to launch new K20 pro variant with 855+ tomorrow in china.
Again someone might argue, you would hardly notice any performance difference between 855+ and 855… if that’s true it should be the same case for 855 vs 845 too right ?
Like the other guy was saying
// Snapdragon 855 / 6GB RAM / notchless display / pop up camera / on screen fingerprint all this at 24K what else you want?? //
Pop up camera has limited uses
On screen fingerprint is shit n unreliable based on my experience*

So what’s left to say that this phone is the only great option for 24k?
You can also replace 855 with 845 and the only thing that’s left is the notch less display (Now-a-days we have many phones with notch less displays)
Apart from these, i prefer to include Amoled display as a plus, again there will be people who thinks IPS is a plus ..that screen bleeding is a bit better than screen ghosting
+ the upcoming sale season makes way for many other phones in that 25-30k price segment

So Finally.. better valued phone depends on lots of factors and it changes from person to person. All you can do is put everything on the table and let them decide for themselves especially when they don’t know what exactly they need in a phone/after sales service apart from "I need a best phone under 10k,15k,20k,25k)

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20
Expand
getready wrote:

Why even ask me
Why not search on FK/Amazon directly?
For someone who is aware of regular prices and sale prices, this should’nt be much?

Anyways if you consider the 28k launch price, now you have brands like Asus ( Zenphone 5Z , 6Z..), LG (G7, G8 series..), OP7 (Price drop soon) , Nubia Red magic also selling their flagships in the same price range (10-20% PD). Even Xiaomi’s own black shark 2 is a much better option than this if you consider the 28k launch price (40k launch price – 35k in 3 months – For BBD ??). So there is no exceptional price to performance ratio offered

+ I would not spend much on a phone if i feel a phone’s resale value will go down drastically in the next 1 month or so. For 24k without any bank offers (May be extra 2% savings with amazon gv?), there is nothing exciting about this deal.

Plus considering xiaomi’s pathetic QC, i wouldn’t risk 24k
https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/... (My Experience)
Uneven Brightness
https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/how-to...
//Curiously, at low brightness levels, the brightness of the display does not appear to be uniform throughout the panel and there are visible columns of light and dark gray colors while using apps with a Dark theme/mode. Dylan confirms that the issue is venial as it plagues almost every mid-range OLED panels.//
Ghost Touch
//However, the ghost touch issue linked with the 3-finger screenshot gesture, which peeved many POCO F1 users, persists on this device too. Surely, disabling the gesture option is an ideal way to deal with this but I would expect Xiaomi to fix the issue after almost a year of agitation by the users. Plus, it basically renders an effective gesture in MIUI useless. There’s no promise on a software fix for this bug yet but I hope Xiaomi continues to embrace feedback from the users.//
Ref: https://www.xda-developers.com/redmi-k20-pro-xi...

Even if they fix the issues (if any), its not worth it risking your premium phones with scratches n all. The same debate existed when Poco F1 was launched, guess what followed next ? Their Initial batches have all got a faulty display and within 4 months from launch FK was selling the phone for 18k effective (20% lesser compared to launch price) + exchange offers

And it is 2-2.5 months from K20 pro launch, it is already outdated if u consider the technological advancements these days
Phones with Snapdragon 855+ will be out in the next couple of weeks (Rog Phone 2, OnePlus 7T..) and even Xiaomi is planning to launch new K20 pro variant with 855+ tomorrow in china.
Again someone might argue, you would hardly notice any performance difference between 855+ and 855… if that’s true it should be the same case for 855 vs 845 too right ?
Like the other guy was saying
// Snapdragon 855 / 6GB RAM / notchless display / pop up camera / on screen fingerprint all this at 24K what else you want?? //
Pop up camera has limited uses
On screen fingerprint is shit n unreliable based on my experience*

So what’s left to say that this phone is the only great option for 24k?
You can also replace 855 with 845 and the only thing that’s left is the notch less display (Now-a-days we have many phones with notch less displays)
Apart from these, i prefer to include Amoled display as a plus, again there will be people who thinks IPS is a plus ..that screen bleeding is a bit better than screen ghosting
+ the upcoming sale season makes way for many other phones in that 25-30k price segment

So Finally.. better valued phone depends on lots of factors and it changes from person to person. All you can do is put everything on the table and let them decide for themselves especially when they don’t know what exactly they need in a phone/after sales service apart from "I need a best phone under 10k,15k,20k,25k)

Most of those phones you’re talking about are running on older generations or cost more for the same gen. 855+ is a mid cycle refresh and not a new generation. That’s the point.
K20 pro is the only reliable phone at that price point with a flagship chipset. I’d advise anyone to buy it if they can get it under 26k on sale days.

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

Most of those phones you’re talking about are running on older generations. 855+ is a mid cycle refresh and not a new generation. That’s the point.
K20 pro is the only reliable phone at that price point with a flagship chipset.

Most of the phones ?
Asus 6Z, OP7, Black Shark 2 … They all have  Snapdragon 855
The only phone with 845 From my list is G7 ThinQ
If you think 855 is older gen (in comparison with 855+) then may be ?

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20
Expand
getready wrote:

Most of the phones ?
Asus 6Z, OP7, Black Shark 2 … They all have  Snapdragon 855
The only phone with 845 From my list is G7 ThinQ
If you think 855 is older gen (in comparison with 855+) then may be ?

I said they cost more as well. Also, few of those aren’t suitable for regular people.

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

I said they cost more as well.

10-20% more means nothing
Especially when you have the biggest sale of the year coming up
That’s what I meant
If its an 8k phone, its fairly reasonable to compare it with a 10k phone
15k vs 18k
Same applies to 28k vs 35k

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20
Expand
getready wrote:

10-20% more means nothing
Especially when you have the biggest sale of the year coming up
That’s what I meant
If its an 8k phone, its fairly reasonable to compare it with a 10k phone
15k vs 18k
Same applies to 28k vs 35k

In that biggest sale of the year, even K20 pro will be sold for less price. So, it’s still not comparable for someone who doesn’t want to spend over 25-26k on a phone. Remember most of those wanting this are people who had kept 20k as their budget but stretching for it. They won’t want to buy a 35-40k phone.

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

In that biggest sale of the year, even K20 pro will be sold for less price. So, it’s still not comparable for someone who doesn’t want to spend over 25-26k on a phone. Remember most of those wanting this are people who had kept 20k as their budget but stretching for it. They won’t want to buy a 35-40k phone.

Most have a budget of 15k Max if they’re considering a midrange phone
17k+ segment also failed
If you consider this fact, 20k vs 28k means 40% higher price [Non-Sale price]

And your calculation is wrong
Say K20 pro got 2k price drop for upcoming BBD
27999-2k = 25999
And Asus 6Z got 4k price drop (Based on 5Z price drop – Sold for 23/24k effective pretty soon)
31999-4k=27999
And Black Shark 2 got 10k price drop (35K being normal sale price)
39999-10k=29999

So, now in comparison with the 20k budget
You need to get 30% extra for K20 pro
40% extra for 6Z
and 50% for Black Shark 2
(26k vs 28k vs 30k)
The PD is minimal which is why i have been stressing that the purchase timing is the key!
[ All without considering the bank offers – If u consider the bank offer, K20 pro current 24k price almost equates to upcoming FK deal price ]

Missing
Analyst
1
5690
161
Expand
getready wrote:

Most have a budget of 15k Max if they’re considering a midrange phone
17k+ segment also failed
If you consider this fact, 20k vs 28k means 40% higher price [Non-Sale price]

And your calculation is wrong
Say K20 pro got 2k price drop for upcoming BBD
27999-2k = 25999
And Asus 6Z got 4k price drop (Based on 5Z price drop – Sold for 23/24k effective pretty soon)
31999-4k=27999
And Black Shark 2 got 10k price drop (35K being normal sale price)
39999-10k=29999

So, now in comparison with the 20k budget
You need to get 30% extra for K20 pro
40% extra for 6Z
and 50% for Black Shark 2
[ All without considering the bank offers – If u consider the bank offer, K20 pro current 24k price almost equates to upcoming FK deal price ]

BS2 is sub-par as a gaming phone as it throttles badly. Even some flagships that don’t have such pretensions fared better. 10k off should be the regular price. I hope the game pad accessory makes its way to less expensive phones.

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20
Expand
getready wrote:

Most have a budget of 15k Max if they’re considering a midrange phone
17k+ segment also failed
If you consider this fact, 20k vs 28k means 40% higher price [Non-Sale price]

And your calculation is wrong
Say K20 pro got 2k price drop for upcoming BBD
27999-2k = 25999
And Asus 6Z got 4k price drop (Based on 5Z price drop – Sold for 23/24k effective pretty soon)
31999-4k=27999
And Black Shark 2 got 10k price drop (35K being normal sale price)
39999-10k=29999

So, now in comparison with the 20k budget
You need to get 30% extra for K20 pro
40% extra for 6Z
and 50% for Black Shark 2
(26k vs 28k vs 30k)
The PD is minimal which is why i have been stressing that the purchase timing is the key!
[ All without considering the bank offers – If u consider the bank offer, K20 pro current 24k price almost equates to upcoming FK deal price ]

People with 20k budget (and not into Samsung branding) don’t want a midranger. Pocofone was on their wishlist when K20 would have come along. K20 Pro is definitely more premium looking than the Poco which will make them extend their budget.
20k vs 26k is a 30% increase. And ofc, purchase timing is always the key when you wanna buy a phone. There will be times when exchange value would be bumped up which is also a great time to buy by exchanging your older budget phones. I got a Honor 7X as a secondary phone under 4500rs by exchanging my dad’s ancient, unused Redmi 2 (though it was working fine) phone exactly a year back.
I’d not recommend Black Shark 2 or 6Z to anyone over K20 Pro.

PS: What bank offer is that? I don’t see anything over 5% discount on K20 Pro.

Unnamed
Deal Cadet
98
316
3

To all those people who claim that Redmi K20 Pro is overpriced, go first have a reality check. It’s the cheapest phone with flagship experience. It is well being appreciated all over the globe by tech youtubers.

People’s mindset is like Redmi phones can’t be priced that much, just because it is ‘Redmi’? People’s ego over redmi’s pricing got hurt when they revealed the price. If Xiaomi would have launched this phone in other than the Redmi category, I think it surely would have got more attention. Redmi’s pricings on the budget series have made people get used to it and have a clear idea about the actual cost of a smartphone, and the pricing boundaries. So at the time of K20 Pro, it backfired.

Still I honestly will prefer Redmi K20 Pro over Oneplus 7, even if it has a Rs. 2000 price difference.

PS: I agree upon Redmi K20 Pro being a little overpriced comparing what Redmi was offering from the past, but if you check other phones, it’s nothing.

Unnamed
Deal Cadet
98
316
3
Expand
getready wrote:

Uneven Brightness
https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/how-to...
//Curiously, at low brightness levels, the brightness of the display does not appear to be uniform throughout the panel and there are visible columns of light and dark gray colors while using apps with a Dark theme/mode. Dylan confirms that the issue is venial as it plagues almost every mid-range OLED panels.//
Ghost Touch
//However, the ghost touch issue linked with the 3-finger screenshot gesture, which peeved many POCO F1 users, persists on this device too. Surely, disabling the gesture option is an ideal way to deal with this but I would expect Xiaomi to fix the issue after almost a year of agitation by the users. Plus, it basically renders an effective gesture in MIUI useless. There’s no promise on a software fix for this bug yet but I hope Xiaomi continues to embrace feedback from the users.//
Ref: https://www.xda-developers.com/redmi-k20-pro-xi...

All phones have software issues during the initial launch period, they get fixed overtime. In fact Oneplus had major software issues with it’s initial phones. So pointing out software issues, which you know will be fixed, doesn’t count as a drawback while buying a phone.

Missing