128°
Hey! It seems you are on a very old deal.
Check out these latest deals for Books, Music and Movies from Amazon India or the deals across all stores in Books, Music and Movies

Think and Grow Rich

Vote up smileyx5
Score: 10 Votes: 10
68
55% OFF 150.0
Untitled
Hey! It seems you are on a very old deal.
Check out these latest deals for Books, Music and Movies from Amazon India or the deals across all stores in Books, Music and Movies
Xpgozhudfikom
Entertainer
12
60
30980
273

Deal Wiki

How to get this deal

  1. Click here to go to Amazon India.
  2. Buy now for Rs 68

Price Comparison

Snapdeal https://m.snapdeal.com/product/think-and-grow-r... @ 120
Paytm https://paytm.com/shop/p/think-and-grow-rich-97... @ 148
Infibeam http://www.infibeam.com/Books/info/avneesh-gupt... @ 85 +40 S

31 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
92
1

Do yourself a favor. Read this book cover to cover.

Xpgozhudfikom
Entertainer
12
60
30980
273
@bravopar576 wrote:

Do yourself a favor. Read this book cover to cover.


Not good? This was in top-100-books-to-read-before-dying-list. I was thinking of buying it before dying. 😞 Actually, I bought Kindle version of it.

Profile pics 17
Deal Subedar
6
274
1184
13

Good book bro… Suggested VU

Xpgozhudfikom
Entertainer
12
60
30980
273
@Magus wrote:

You too, @Plato !!!! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif


What me too bro? Love you 😂? Yes, yes.

Giphy 5
Entertainer
32
1,044
10058
106

If thinking would make someone rich, WHY would the author write this book ?
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
92
1
@Plato wrote:

@bravopar576 wrote:

Do yourself a favor. Read this book cover to cover.


Not good? This was in top-100-books-to-read-before-dying-list. I was thinking of buying it before dying. 😞 Actually, I bought Kindle version of it.


I meant this is must read book. I read it 8 yrs back for the first time. I atleast read it 2-3 times every year. This book has been like a bible/gita to me and millions other.its that good

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@bravopar576 wrote:

I meant this is must read book. I read it 8 yrs back for the first time. I atleast read it 2-3 times every year. This book has been like a bible/gita to me and millions other.its that good

How much monetary wealth you own now? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

If thinking would make someone rich, WHY would the author write this book ?
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif



This book did make him rich. Sold 20 million copies in his lifetime. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Tumblr n4kqg2kerk1tzsjxho3 500
Moderator
105
128
31652
918

I bought this long back and still I am not rich >> https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@no fpd wrote:

I bought this long back and still I am not rich >> https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif



Write a book… “Become Rich Without Thinking”
You will become rich in no time. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229

I got curious and checked the contents of the book. One of the topics was about the transmutation of sex. Downloaded a PDF version to check out what it was about. All his talk about the thoughts of a genius vibrating at a higher frequency and how the sublimation of sex into creativity helps us in this was interesting (despite the fact that it was all freely borrowed from theosophical literature). But in the end he talks about how to monetize it all. I started LMAO. No genius would ever think of monetizing his creativity. For him, creativity is an end in itself.

It’s the same story with the book, “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind”. The author quotes freely from the sayings of Jesus to make people more unconscious. Jesus must be laughing from above. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

To hell with all these self-help quacks!

@Plato @Spock @DealSeeker

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
92
1
@Magus wrote:

@bravopar576 wrote:

I meant this is must read book. I read it 8 yrs back for the first time. I atleast read it 2-3 times every year. This book has been like a bible/gita to me and millions other.its that good

How much monetary wealth you own now? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


I am reaching there.
Actually nepolian hill never made much money from this book. All royalty money from this book went to his 2nd wife after he divorced her. Later his publisher got him into shitty deal where nh was skimmed for money all the way. He died as a poor man. Perfect example of guy who never followed his own advice.
But dont discount this book because of authors own failures. This book packs some solid gold. The title is cheesy because this book is really old. It was released in 1937. And still every word is relevent in 2016.

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@bravopar576 wrote:

@Magus wrote:

@bravopar576 wrote:

I meant this is must read book. I read it 8 yrs back for the first time. I atleast read it 2-3 times every year. This book has been like a bible/gita to me and millions other.its that good

How much monetary wealth you own now? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


I am reaching there.
Actually nepolian hill never made much money from this book. All royalty money from this book went to his 2nd wife after he divorced her. Later his publisher got him into shitty deal where nh was skimmed for money all the way. He died as a poor man. Perfect example of guy who never followed his own advice.
But dont discount this book because of authors own failures. This book packs some solid gold. The title is cheesy because this book is really old. It was released in 1937. And still every word is relevent in 2016.


Ah! That’s the reason he wrote more about peace of mind in his later life! https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Open uri20161119 27009 2xv7rv
Deal Captain
0
276
10793
166

ahh !! past midnight and reading the synopsis @Magus
or rather
certain key points has piqued my interest enough
so thank you, i might delve more into it. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

@Magus wrote:To hell with all these self-help quacks!
well, besides the part that you humourously puy above
of him helping himself with royalties of close to 20Mn copies

the thing about any Gurus/Babas or such books is that, even if it is faith healing aka placebo effect
sometimes, it (placebo) works and thus the overall effect is positive.

to a strong mind with a very sorted thinking/perspective.. obviously such things might not interest that deeply.


Personally, i myself hardly put much effort into reading firang books
..but for killing time in any train or road journey.

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42727
721

@Magus I have read some of these self-help books long ago (only to discover what the hoopla was about). As someone who has actually studied psychology in college as well as somewhat kept up with the new findings about human psyche (neuroscience) afterwards, at their very core, I feel all of these books try to do two things: (1) give you hope for a better “fill in the blank” and (2) motivate you to attain it.

If a book can give you confidence to attain your goals, if only temporarily, I don’t see much wrong with it. If anything, you would feel happier and confident while you work to attain those goals. Compare this to the feeling of being uncertain and not being motivated enough because you lack hope or are overtly critical/negative. Not surprisingly, I often find that religion plays a similar role. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

“Where ignorance is bliss, ’tis folly to be wise.” — Thomas Gray

CC @Plato @Spock @masthead1 @sidbhai

Open uri20161119 27009 2xv7rv
Deal Captain
0
276
10793
166
@bravopar576 wrote: I am reaching there.
Actually nepolian hill never made much money from this book. All royalty money from this book went to his 2nd wife after he divorced her. Later his publisher got him into shitty deal where nh was skimmed for money all the way. He died as a poor man. Perfect example of guy who never followed his own advice.
But dont discount this book because of authors own failures. This book packs some solid gold. The title is cheesy because this book is really old. It was released in 1937. And still every word is relevent in 2016.

wow ! thanks for those interesting tidbits on him.


i can relate to the part where :-/ one is not able to put to good use the wisdom or knowledge one propagates.

Xpgozhudfikom
Entertainer
12
60
30980
273
@Magus wrote:

I got curious and checked the contents of the book. One of the topics was about the transmutation of sex. Downloaded a PDF version to check out what it was about. All his talk about the thoughts of a genius vibrating at a higher frequency and how the sublimation of sex into creativity helps us in this was interesting (despite the fact that it was all freely borrowed from theosophical literature). But in the end he talks about how to monetize it all. I started LMAO. No genius would ever think of monetizing his creativity. For him, creativity is an end in itself.

It’s the same story with the book, “The Power of Your Subconscious Mind”. The author quotes freely from the sayings of Jesus to make people more unconscious. Jesus must be laughing from above. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

To hell with all these self-help quacks!

@Plato @Spock @DealSeeker


No man is Happy or Complete without the modifying influence of the Right Woman.

Magus bro it’s midnight – time to have some Maggie. Slurp, slurp 😁

Let there arise no need of any lesson on sex transmutation. Tonight, each one will take his own stand on his spend. More the savings, more the richer and glossier. Amen!

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

I read the comments above and acknowledge gentlemen I should have known long ago.

If there’s a blog you guys contribute to, let me know. @Plato @Spock @DealSeekers @bravopar576

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@DealSeeker wrote:



“Where ignorance is bliss, ’tis folly to be wise.” — Thomas Gray


But the wise can never be otherwise. What to do? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Indian quotes
Budding Star
1
46
5214
78
@DealSeeker wrote:

@Magus I have read some of these self-help books long ago (only to discover what the hoopla was about). As someone who has actually studied psychology in college as well as somewhat kept up with the new findings about human psyche (neuroscience) afterwards, at their very core, I feel all of these books try to do two things: (1) give you hope for a better “fill in the blank” and (2) motivate you to attain it.

If a book can give you confidence to attain your goals, if only temporarily, I don’t see much wrong with it. If anything, you would feel happier and confident while you work to attain those goals. Compare this to the feeling of being uncertain and not being motivated enough because you lack hope or are overtly critical/negative. Not surprisingly, I often find that religion plays a similar role. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

“Where ignorance is bliss, ’tis folly to be wise.” — Thomas Gray

CC @Plato @Spock @masthead1 @sidbhai


Well said. I was one of those self-help book addict. As I was part of a private “course” group, I devoured all the BEST stuff for two years. I started with traditional experts like Jim Rohn, Earl Nightingale, to modern day Tony Robbins, and underrated Robert Anthony.

I followed LOA, moved onto much deeper stuff like non-duality, EFT, and indulged in self-hypnotism. My day would start with guided meditation and end with subliminal messages. It was freakin’ hardcore.

I don’t know why I did it. I just know I was looking for something. For answers. With no questions.

Whether self-help is useful or not is an endless debate. But that’s never the point. All of these are just information we consume. What really matters is this: What do we do with that information?

A kid goes to school and learns how to swear. While another kid learns to sing. Or dance. Or read. How is that even possible? Why does it happen? Because the fact is, the environment never changes – it is just the interest of people that does.

Dimers are interested in saving / shopping. This will change after a few years. Our interest will divert, and we take on new interest, and new activities. That’s the cycle of life.

Self-help is just another interest. Interest that can imbibe confidence in you, show you a world of possibilities, and motivate you to reach the next level.

Or interest that is absolutely scam, wastes your valuable time, offers fake promises, and takes you into a dream land that never existed.

We decide what it is, and we start believing that. You see, the choice is entirely ours. Like I said, the only thing that matters is: What do we do with that information?

Accept it blindly or question?

(If anyone reading this is accepting my words without questioning, think about it. Should you question because I said so? Should you think? Now I am just messing with ya!)

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@Spock wrote:

the thing about any Gurus/Babas or such books is that, even if it is faith healing aka placebo effect
sometimes, it (placebo) works and thus the overall effect is positive.

to a strong mind with a very sorted thinking/perspective.. obviously such things might not interest that deeply.


Exactly! The only thing that stands between a weak mind and a strong mind is that placebo. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42727
721

@sidbhaihttps://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/yJWi0.gif

Have you guys found any self-help book that does cure procrastination? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif #TriedAndFailed

Indian quotes
Budding Star
1
46
5214
78
@DealSeeker wrote:

@sidbhaihttps://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/yJWi0.gif

Have you guys found any self-help book that does cure procrastination? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif #TriedAndFailed


Fellow ex-procrastinator here. As the joke goes, reading books will make you procrastinate even further, right?

What works for me is what a legendary marketer once said, “work like someone has a gun on your head.” A solid dialogue that keeps me going, and of course nootropics.

Now, instead of recommending tonnes of books, I will recommend you a few shortcuts:

→ Check out this section: https://www.reddit.com/r/GetMotivated/top/?sort...
→ Follow what’s written here: http://tinyhabit...m/
→ Get this: http://amzn.to/2...Y0 (you know other ways to do so)

Another way is to join an accountability groups to help you get sh*t done quickly. You are a smart one, so I don’t have to explain a lot. Perhaps you need a good kick in the balls? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@DealSeeker wrote:

Have you guys found any self-help book that does cure procrastination? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif #TriedAndFailed


“Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing!” – Donald Gardner

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42727
721
@sidbhai wrote:

Perhaps you need a good kick in the balls? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


Yep. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

The problem is, like most hardcore procrastinators, I am addicted to the “kick” (i.e. the thrill) when I complete the work at the last minute. However, being somewhat of a perfectionist, I feel that the quality of my work could be better if not done at the last minute. So I want to get rid of this bad addiction. Videos like the one below don’t help. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
@DealSeeker wrote:

@sidbhai wrote:

Perhaps you need a good kick in the balls? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


Yep. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif



Check if this quote helps… https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

“Procrastination is like masturbation, in the beginning it feels good, but in the end, you’re just f***ing yourself!” – Michael McCarthy

Indian quotes
Budding Star
1
46
5214
78
@DealSeeker wrote:

@sidbhai wrote:

Perhaps you need a good kick in the balls? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


Yep. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

The problem is, like most hardcore procrastinators, I am addicted to the “kick” (i.e. the thrill) when I complete the work at the last minute. However, being somewhat of a perfectionist, I feel that the quality of my work could be better if not done at the last minute. So I want to get rid of this bad addiction. Videos like the one below don’t help. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Tim is just like Napolean Hill – a writer. And they both are influencers with a good knowledge of their target audience. And while I can show you videos like this:

And tell you the best way to get things done is to “just f*cking do it…”

None of that will have a permanent effect. They are good to get you pumped up in the morning though. To make you feel like a total badass before you start working.

But I believe what you probably need is discipline. Not just any discipline, but a constant supply of discipline, where you get things done now rather than later. And you get things done regularly. I don’t want to brag – but I do a week’s work in a day. I grind like a total mofo.

And I do it on Mondays because that’s the day people hate it.

It’s possible because I have an accountability partner, and I use Pomodoro timer. Every. Day. The underlying answer, however, is that I commit to myself.

So while I would like to kick you in the balls, the real answer is with you. To be more specific, it’s within you.

Missing