Unfortunately this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future.
Hot Deal
Xiaomi Mi Scale (smartscale) launched in India for Rs. 1999

Xiaomi Mi Scale (smartscale) launched in India for Rs. 1999

526°
Benevolent
raghupro

Xiaomi Mi Scale (smartscale) launched in India for Rs. 1999 on sale now

Announcing Mi Body Composition Scale
- Precise body data
- Mi Fit app
- Clean minimalist design

Product link: http://www.mi.com/in/mi-body-composition-...e/

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/512922/medium/487282810eeyjk.jpg?1521093708

Source: https://twitter.com/XiaomiIndia/status/97396804...

PS: Tried search and didn’t find any thread. Kindly delete if repost

Expired
15 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

is it worth for 1999 rs ?
in ebay, guys selling imported one for 4k-5k.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Compared to the likes of Fitbit Aria it’s way cheaper.

The only useful thing that I see from scales like these is to automatically monitor your weight and progress with respect to weight over time. Apart from that rest all parameters are quite inaccurate and hardly help.

Most BCA home scales are quite off from the actual readings so these are not recommended if you really want to track your BCA. Would recommend going to a good gym nearby or some VLCC centre if you are following a weight gain/loss program and need to keep track of your BCA.

This might help in reviewing how inaccurate these scales are when it comes to anything apart from weight tracking: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/comparing-accur...

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Update: It’s on sale now.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

a good product. you will not get accurate result of fat bone in one test .its is not gold standard product but pretty good product if you use it for multiple times over a period of month . your feet must be clean and best result will be in morning . do test at same time for few weeks and result will be 90% correct

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

How do you measure the accuracy of the device each time you use it for BCA? Did you compare it with the results generated from a professional and sophisticated machine?

Just curious how you evaluated it to be getting more accurate over weeks.

Link Copied

bad product n inaccurate results except weight. 2000rs weighing machine. not bad

Critic Critic
Link Copied

So bad product but bot bad? lol

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

you can get a good personal weighing scale for about 1000

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

I got a good one for 600 from ebay

View 1 more reply
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Just a bit of information I would like to share.

Most times, people who are struggling to either reduce weight or increase weight are more keen on having their body composition analysis done and keep regular track of it as well.

Most general users will check it out of curiosity and hardly bother about it later.

For people who really need it -
BMR, lean muscle mass and fat % matter a lot in their weight loss/gain journey for few simple reasons (more specifically to weight loss)
1. Never ever starve, this will lead to weight gain rather than weight loss. When you starve your body it will signal that less calories are coming so it will start conserving lesser energy as time progresses and your BMR keeps getting lower. So even for normal calorie intake you keep gaining weight later.

Even in the worst case scenario you should ensure to eat food equivalent to your BMR calories else your body goes into starvation.

2. Fat % – to keep tracking progress of your weight loss journey it is essential to know that you are loosing fat and not muscle.

3. Muscle % – more muscle means higher BMR. Also, for people having more than 20% fat people use lean muscle mass to calculate BMR than overall body weight.

All the above factors are critical for a proper and sustainable weight loss. Too much errors will hamper the weight loss journey and screws up the metabolism too.

So for people keen on BCA these scales are terrible. Get your BCA done from a better machine.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

So, bought one. For those who are being sceptic, think of the machine as an indicator. Others are very costly. Even, just the benefit of having your weight logged by the MI fit app is a great feature to have.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have booked weighing scale from Mi for 2k through mobikwik of which 500SC is used, now they are cancelling my order as they can’t service to my pincode, what will happen now? Particularly about SC and it’s validity!

Link Copied

Is it worth buying ?

replyuser
Click here to reply