What do mean by cloud 9 ? (Trivia )

What do mean by cloud 9 ? (Trivia )

Score: 5 Votes: 5
Score: 5 Votes: 5
Score: 5 Votes: 5
Score: 5 Votes: 5
Score: 5 Votes: 5
Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52036
1046

Worth revisiting.
1. WHY:

Why do men’s clothes have buttons on the right while women’s clothes have buttons on the left ?

BECAUSE:

When buttons were invented, they were very expensive and worn primarily by the rich. Since most people are right-handed, it is easier to push buttons on the right through holes on the left. Because wealthy women were dressed by maids, dressmakers put the buttons on the maid’s right ! And that’s where women’s buttons have remained since.

2. WHY:

Why do ships and aircraft use ‘mayday’ as their call for help ?

BECAUSE:

This comes from the French word ’m’aidez’ – meaning ‘help me’ – and is pronounced, approximately, ‘mayday’.

3. WHY

Why are zero scores in tennis called ‘love’ ?

BECAUSE:

In France, where tennis became popular, the round zero on the scoreboard looked like an egg and was called ’l’oeuf’, which is French for ‘the egg’. When tennis was introduced in the US, Americans (naturally), mispronounced it ‘love’.

4. WHY:

Why do X’s at the end of a letter signify kisses ?

BECAUSE:

In the Middle Ages, when many people were unable to read or write, documents were often signed using an X. Kissing the X represented an oath to fulfill obligations specified in the document. The X and the kiss eventually became synonymous.

5. WHY:

Why is shifting responsibility to someone else called ‘passing the buck’ ?

BECAUSE:

In card games, it was once customary to pass an item, called a buck, from player to player to indicate whose turn it was to deal. If a player did not wish to assume the responsibility of dealing, he would ‘pass the buck’ to the next player.

6. WHY:

Why do people clink their glasses before drinking a toast ?

BECAUSE:

In earlier times it used to be common for someone to try to kill an enemy by offering him a poisoned drink. To prove to a guest that a drink was safe, it became customary for a guest to pour a small amount of his drink into the glass of the host. Both men would drink it simultaneously. When a guest trusted his host, he would only touch or clink the host’s glass with his own.

7. WHY:

Why are people in the public eye said to be ‘in the limelight’ ?

BECAUSE:

Invented in 1825, limelight was used in lighthouses and theatres by burning a cylinder of lime which produced a brilliant light. In the theatre, a performer ‘in the limelight’ was the centre of attention.

8. WHY:

Why is someone who is feeling great ‘on cloud nine’ ?

BECAUSE:

Types of clouds are numbered according to the altitudes they attain, with nine being the highest cloud. If someone is said to be on cloud nine, that person is floating well above worldly cares.

9. WHY:

In golf, where did the term ‘Caddie’ come from ?

BECAUSE:

When Mary Queen of Scots went to France as a young girl, Louis, King of France, learned that she loved the Scots game ‘golf’. He had the first course outside of Scotland built for her enjoyment. To make sure she was properly chaperoned (and guarded) while she played, Louis hired cadets from a military school to accompany her. Mary liked this a lot and when she returned to Scotland (not a very good idea in the long run), she took the practice with her. In French, the word cadet is pronounced ‘ca-day’ and the Scots changed it into caddie.

10. WHY:

Why are many coin collection jar banks shaped like pigs ?

BECAUSE:

Long ago, dishes and cookware in Europe were made of dense orange clay called ‘pygg’. When people saved coins in jars made of this clay, the jars became known as ‘pygg banks’. When an English potter misunderstood the word, he made a container that resembled a pig. And it caught on.

  • In
49 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52036
1046

It’s CHALLENGE 4 U ❓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are 15 things which we see daily, correct the spelling …

01. Laaimuel=
02. Evtlesnioi=
03. Miet=
04. Boilme=
05. Ishtr=
06. Agdrne=
07. Solhoc=
08. sjdmai=
09. Tsere=
10. Yclecs=
11. Neplci=
12. Odosr=
13. Thgli=
14. Sglas =
15. Owilpl=

NOTE : Q NO 1 has 30 marks , all others 5 marks each
TOTAL MARKS:100
PASSING MARKS 70%
Time Limit = 1 day
solve it
👍👍👍

@forgotten

Paris web
Deal Subedar
4
237
1898
29
@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

It’s CHALLENGE 4 U ❓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are 15 things which we see daily, correct the spelling …

01. Laaimuel=elumalai
02. Evtlesnioi=television
03. Miet= time
04. Boilme=mobile
05. Ishtr=shirt
06. Agdrne=garden
07. Solhoc=school
08. sjdmai=masjid
09. Tsere=trees
10. Yclecs=cycles
11. Neplci=pencil
12. Odosr=doors
13. Thgli=light
14. Sglas = glass
15. Owilpl=pillow

NOTE : Q NO 1 has 30 marks , all others 5 marks each
TOTAL MARKS:100
PASSING MARKS 70%
Time Limit = 1 day
solve it
👍👍👍

@forgotten


All solved ……elumalai is town in madurai(TN)

Leicester city v liverpool
Deal Subedar
0
149
2031
23
@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

It’s CHALLENGE 4 U ❓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are 15 things which we see daily, correct the spelling …

01. Laaimuel=
02. Evtlesnioi=
03. Miet=
04. Boilme=
05. Ishtr=
06. Agdrne=
07. Solhoc=
08. sjdmai=
09. Tsere=
10. Yclecs=
11. Neplci=
12. Odosr=
13. Thgli=
14. Sglas =
15. Owilpl=

NOTE : Q NO 1 has 30 marks , all others 5 marks each
TOTAL MARKS:100
PASSING MARKS 70%
Time Limit = 1 day
solve it
👍👍👍

@forgotten


2) television 3) time 4) mobile 5)shirt 6)garden 7)school 8)masjid 9) trees 10)cycles 11)pencil 12)doors 13) light 14)glass 15)pillow

exam passed ….. highest marks nahi chahiye …….. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif ….(pehla wala google mein v nahi mila)

Leicester city v liverpool
Deal Subedar
0
149
2031
23
@€xþé®T wrote:

@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

It’s CHALLENGE 4 U ❓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are 15 things which we see daily, correct the spelling …

01. Laaimuel=elumalai
02. Evtlesnioi=television
03. Miet= time
04. Boilme=mobile
05. Ishtr=shirt
06. Agdrne=garden
07. Solhoc=school
08. sjdmai=masjid
09. Tsere=trees
10. Yclecs=cycles
11. Neplci=pencil
12. Odosr=doors
13. Thgli=light
14. Sglas = glass
15. Owilpl=pillow

NOTE : Q NO 1 has 30 marks , all others 5 marks each
TOTAL MARKS:100
PASSING MARKS 70%
Time Limit = 1 day
solve it
👍👍👍

@forgotten


All solved ……elumalai is town in madurai(TN)


i dont see the town in madurai daily … not even heard … how can it be an answer????

Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52036
1046

Tetorfong ?
Matlab?

Paris web
Deal Subedar
4
237
1898
29
@forgotten wrote:

@€xþé®T wrote:

@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

It’s CHALLENGE 4 U ❓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are 15 things which we see daily, correct the spelling …

01. Laaimuel=elumalai
02. Evtlesnioi=television
03. Miet= time
04. Boilme=mobile
05. Ishtr=shirt
06. Agdrne=garden
07. Solhoc=school
08. sjdmai=masjid
09. Tsere=trees
10. Yclecs=cycles
11. Neplci=pencil
12. Odosr=doors
13. Thgli=light
14. Sglas = glass
15. Owilpl=pillow

NOTE : Q NO 1 has 30 marks , all others 5 marks each
TOTAL MARKS:100
PASSING MARKS 70%
Time Limit = 1 day
solve it
👍👍👍

@forgotten


All solved ……elumalai is town in madurai(TN)


i dont see the town in madurai daily … not even heard … how can it be an answer????


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El...ai

See the link….and use GPS cordinates to go there

See their is also a bank in elumalai…..it means city exist on earth….
Karur Vysya Bank
ISFC CODE: KVBL0001226

Leicester city v liverpool
Deal Subedar
0
149
2031
23
@€xþé®T wrote:

@forgotten wrote:

@€xþé®T wrote:

@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

It’s CHALLENGE 4 U ❓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are 15 things which we see daily, correct the spelling …

01. Laaimuel=elumalai
02. Evtlesnioi=television
03. Miet= time
04. Boilme=mobile
05. Ishtr=shirt
06. Agdrne=garden
07. Solhoc=school
08. sjdmai=masjid
09. Tsere=trees
10. Yclecs=cycles
11. Neplci=pencil
12. Odosr=doors
13. Thgli=light
14. Sglas = glass
15. Owilpl=pillow

NOTE : Q NO 1 has 30 marks , all others 5 marks each
TOTAL MARKS:100
PASSING MARKS 70%
Time Limit = 1 day
solve it
👍👍👍

@forgotten


All solved ……elumalai is town in madurai(TN)


i dont see the town in madurai daily … not even heard … how can it be an answer????


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El...ai

See the link….and use GPS cordinates to go there

See their is also a bank in elumalai…..it means city exist on earth….
Karur Vysya Bank
ISFC CODE: KVBL0001226


why would i care the city exists or not … according to the question i need to see these things daily … do you everyday open gps and see the city….. and to @[email protected]_0_0_D if it means temple then its ok …. but if it implies any particular temple then this cant be the answer or … the question setter was drunk ……. acc. to me why it would hv been given thirty marks coz … he wants us to roam google ….. else … lets see sm1 comes with some logical answer

Paris web
Deal Subedar
4
237
1898
29
@forgotten wrote:

@€xþé®T wrote:

@forgotten wrote:

@€xþé®T wrote:

@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

It’s CHALLENGE 4 U ❓
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are 15 things which we see daily, correct the spelling …

01. Laaimuel=elumalai
02. Evtlesnioi=television
03. Miet= time
04. Boilme=mobile
05. Ishtr=shirt
06. Agdrne=garden
07. Solhoc=school
08. sjdmai=masjid
09. Tsere=trees
10. Yclecs=cycles
11. Neplci=pencil
12. Odosr=doors
13. Thgli=light
14. Sglas = glass
15. Owilpl=pillow

NOTE : Q NO 1 has 30 marks , all others 5 marks each
TOTAL MARKS:100
PASSING MARKS 70%
Time Limit = 1 day
solve it
👍👍👍

@forgotten


All solved ……elumalai is town in madurai(TN)


i dont see the town in madurai daily … not even heard … how can it be an answer????


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/El...ai

See the link….and use GPS cordinates to go there

See their is also a bank in elumalai…..it means city exist on earth….
Karur Vysya Bank
ISFC CODE: KVBL0001226


why would i care the city exists or not … according to the question i need to see these things daily … do you everyday open gps and see the city….. and to @[email protected]_0_0_D if it means temple then its ok …. but if it implies any particular temple then this cant be the answer or … the question setter was drunk ……. acc. to me why it would hv been given thirty marks coz … he wants us to roam google ….. else … lets see sm1 comes with some logical answer


Bro take a chill pill…. @[email protected]_0_0_D is not giving prize to the winner….. don’t over react…

Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52036
1046
@€xþé®T wrote:

@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

It is, according to question setter ELUMALAI, Lord of Seven Hills or Lord BAlaji.

http://imgur.com/C...8d


Jai Bala ji. ..


@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote:

Q.1Tetorfong ?


Q.2. Tugranno


Solve above 2

Thumbimgcrop 1448092580431
Deal Subedar
3
157
1328
15

Hey it is Kygo’s latest album.

Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52036
1046

Accepting Yourself

There is no such thing as a good person or a bad person. There are choices and actions that lead us in different directions, and it is through those choices and actions that we create our realities. Sometimes we choose or do something that takes us in the opposite direction of the reality we want to create for ourselves. When we do this, we feel bad—uneasy, unhappy, unsure. We might go so far as to label ourselves “bad” when a situation like this arises. Instead of labeling ourselves, though, we could simply acknowledge that we made a choice that lead us down a particular path, and then let it go, forgiving ourselves and preparing for our next opportunity to choose, and act, in ways that support our best intentions.

Many of us experienced childhoods in which the words good and bad were used as weapons to control us—you were good if you did what you were told and bad if you didn’t. This kind of discipline undermines a person’s ability to find their own moral center and to trust and be guided by their own inner self. If you were raised this way, you may find yourself feeling shockwaves of badness when you do something you were taught was wrong, even if now you don’t agree that it’s bad. Conversely, you may feel good when you do what you learned was right. Notice how this puts you in something of a straitjacket. An important part of our spiritual unfolding requires that we grow beyond what we learned and take responsibility for our own liberation in our own terms.

You are a human being with every right to be here, learning and exploring. To label yourself good or bad is to think too small. What you are is a decision-maker and every moment provides you the opportunity to move in the direction of your higher self or in the direction of stagnation or degradation. In the end, only you know the difference. If you find yourself going into self-judgment, try to stop yourself as soon as you can and come back to center. Know that you are not good or bad, you are simply you.

Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52036
1046

Walking Friends

There is a world of difference between Train friends and Walking friends. In the train we become very friendly with fellow passengers in no time. And we have no hesitation in exchanging our respective life stories with them, within the short time that we are together. We invariably find some remote connection and feel happy that we have become so close. At the end of the journey, after much hand shaking and hugging we promise to keep in touch with each other. That never happens. Because we forget the train friends the moment we get down from the train.

On the other hand, walking friends who are friends you make while on a walk every morning on the road front or wherever you go for regular walks are slow to cultivate. If you are a regular at a particular spot every morning/ evening you meet people whose faces become familiar to you. Over a period of time you try to express recognition of the face with a tentative smile. If the person responds you wish him `good morning` the next time you cross him/her. Good morning becomes `Hi` in course of time. You still don`t know the person you are wishing. Until you find the stranger talking to a common friend. When you stop to have a word with your friend he /she introduces the stranger to you. For the first time you shake hands with the stranger who now has a name. Talking to the new friend you invariably find some common interests or connections. You feel you have come closer to the stranger turned new friend. The next time when your paths cross you stop and exchange a few words. This could lead to exchanging contact details of social media you are active in – the latest craze being `WhatsApp`. Beginning of an enduring friendship is established leading to meeting such friends on other occasions. The bond becomes so strong that if you don`t see the familiar face for a few days during your morning walks, you miss the person.

While youngsters who come for walks have to rush back because they have a busy day ahead, there are no such pressures on senior citizens. After their morning walk some of them end up at a spot where a few friends are resting on the parapet wall or a bench in a garden.

It could be a small group. Or a bigger group – like the group I am associated with, consisting of people who are in their seventies or eighties. It is a mix of retired professionals from private/public sector, bureaucrats and even educators. Every morning the group meets at a fixed time – exchanging the latest gossip in town or the political situation or a few jokes- Jokes at the expense of some members are not uncommon. You can judge from the boisterous laughter emanating from the group from time to time that everyone is having fun. I make it a point to spend 10 minutes with this group every morning and indulge in some throaty laughter considered good for the mind and body. Laughter a day keeps the doctor or the `blues` away!

Thanks to old age and poor memory I still don`t know the names of a few friends whom I meet every day. I think It does not matter because we enjoy each other`s company and look forward to meeting every day. What`s in a name after all!

Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52036
1046

A sophisticated city person comes to Haryana. He has this mistaken notion that rural people are simple and can be made fools of easily. He asks lift from a Sumer the farmer on bullock cart, saying “O paaji, sanu Singapore jana hega, twadi belgaddi le chalugi menu otthon?”

Sumer the Farmer says, “Oye aaja, be jaa”.

Hearing this, the city person is momentarily shocked and asks “Ketthon beyaan?”

Sumer replies, “Ae majh diyan donaa singhaan utte be jaa, appe hi Singapore ponch javega!!”…Tongue…..(Sumer says that you better sit on the horns of bull and you will reach instantly singapore..LOL)


…Ek tau bus conductor Sumer se boojhan lagya, “Re bhai manne Rohtak jana, ya bus kitt jaegi?”
Sumer bolya, “Dilli jagi”.
Tau pher bolya, “Per is board pe to Rohtak likh rakhya se.”
Sumer Conductor bolya, “Tau nu kar, tu isse board pe baeth ke bug ja pher.”LOLWink…
(Sumer says that you can sit on the Board of the Bus and run…)

@sukhichd710

Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52036
1046

A Kindergarten teacher was helping one of her students put his boots on. He had asked for help and she could see why. With her pulling and him pushing, the boots still didn’t want to go on.

When the second boot was on, she was nearly out of breath.

She almost whimpered when the little boy said, “Teacher, they’re on the wrong feet.”

She looked and sure enough, they were. It wasn’t any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as they worked together to get the boots back on – this time on the right feet.

He then announced, “These aren’t my boots.”

She bit her tongue rather than scream, “Why didn’t you say so earlier?” like she wanted to. Once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off.
He then said, “They’re my brother’s boots. My Mom made me wear them.”

She didn’t know if she should laugh or cry. She mustered up the grace to wrestle the boots on his feet again. She said, Now, where are your gloves?”

He said, “I stuffed them in the toes of my boots…”

Missing