Lucky Gujarat | Helmet Not Compulsory

Lucky Gujarat | Helmet Not Compulsory

190°
Missing
Deal Subedar
14
1735
11
Lucky Gujarat | Helmet Not Compulsory

Gujju rocks…………

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/gujarat-h...

Live in a city in Gujarat? Your state government decided to make helmets optional today. No kidding.

To be specific, helmets will be optional in municipal corporations and within municipality limits.

But here’s the fine print: You still need to wear one when you head outside your city — when you drive on national or state highways, or village roads.

But why give city-dwellers an option?

Gujarat minister RC Faldu says helmets were made mandatory to prevent deaths by road injuries, but many angry complaints by citizens forced the government to rethink.

Shoppers going to buy vegetables, he explained, wonder where they should keep their helmets.

RC Faldu also said commuters didn’t usually cover long distances within cities.

You may remember that only months ago, the Gujarat government — a BJP administration just like the Centre — made headlines by reducing fine amounts stipulated in the Motor Vehicles Act.

43 Comments  |  
20 Dimers
Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
313
2

Finally, something sensible after independence for the first time.

Missing
Deal Newbie
168
126
4

I hate helmet, As a Mumbaikar it’s just not cool…and top of that it messes up my hair !!

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,650
21982
267
flawlessking wrote:

I hate helmet, As a Mumbaikar it’s just not cool…and top of that it messes up my hair !!

Even I hate it
But it saved my life twice grinning

Missing
Deal Newbie
168
126
4
Expand
getready wrote:

Even I hate it
But it saved my life twice grinning

True…but it should be optional, or made compulsory for highway rides only, short rides within city with helmet is quite uncomfy

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
313
2
Expand
flawlessking wrote:

True…but it should be optional, or made compulsory for highway rides only, short rides within city with helmet is quite uncomfy

Guess Gujrat traffic police would be the biggest loser in this whole episode

Babys%2001
Deal Subedar
105
1168
72

Not lucky. This political stunt can give mental relief to people but will take someone’s life…

Ever since new penalties were implemented, i could see lot of improvement in traffic sense.

Missing
Deal Subedar
14
1735
11
flawlessking wrote:

I hate helmet, As a Mumbaikar it’s just not cool…and top of that it messes up my hair !!

messes up ur hair smile

Lucky bro..

There must be people, thinking that once upon a time they also had hair…..

Missing
Deal Newbie
168
126
4
Expand
sunnie wrote:

messes up ur hair smile

Lucky bro..

There must be people, thinking that once upon a time they also had hair…..

smile smile smile
Jon snow eulogizing the dead after the great battle of winter
Deal Cadet
114
376
4
drjpatwa wrote:

Not lucky. This political stunt can give mental relief to people but will take someone’s life…

Ever since new penalties were implemented, i could see lot of improvement in traffic sense.

Do you even know about this whole matter?
They just didn’t make optional for anyone’s hairstyles or fear of helmet stealing. They made it optional to save life. I recommend you to reasearch on why they reached this decision.

Jon snow eulogizing the dead after the great battle of winter
Deal Cadet
114
376
4
flawlessking wrote:

I hate helmet, As a Mumbaikar it’s just not cool…and top of that it messes up my hair !!

It’s not made optional because it messes anyone’s hair. There’s nothing about cool & not cool in helmet, it’s only about safety.
It’s made optional to save lives.

Jon snow eulogizing the dead after the great battle of winter
Deal Cadet
114
376
4

Everyone want to comment without knowing the matter.
First of all, there’s much improvement needed in helmet design & that should be the focus.
And then make it mandatory. No one’s safe even after wearing the helmet. Helmet increases chance of accident in city area by not giving proper judgement of how far is that horn you’re hearing, and sometimes not able to hear horn in traffic. And as we all know it surely block eye vision area to some extent, and that’s dangerous in city traffic. There were many accident cases in last few days, all of them wearing helmet, most of them died. Most popular case was BRTS accident case, And it was found out that many people are not able to judge/hear correctly when wearing helmet.

Jon snow eulogizing the dead after the great battle of winter
Deal Cadet
114
376
4
iamybs wrote:

Everyone want to comment without knowing the matter.
First of all, there’s much improvement needed in helmet design & that should be the focus.
And then make it mandatory. No one’s safe even after wearing the helmet. Helmet increases chance of accident in city area by not giving proper judgement of how far is that horn you’re hearing, and sometimes not able to hear horn in traffic. And as we all know it surely block eye vision area to some extent, and that’s dangerous in city traffic. There were many accident cases in last few days, all of them wearing helmet, most of them died. Most popular case was BRTS accident case, And it was found out that many people are not able to judge/hear correctly when wearing helmet.

Hence people wanted it to be optional & hence the decision.

Missing
Deal Cadet
54
362
4
Expand
getready wrote:

Even I hate it
But it saved my life twice grinning

For the sake of life, u messed up hairs bro wink

Missing
Deal Newbie
168
126
4
Expand
iamybs wrote:

It’s not made optional because it messes anyone’s hair. There’s nothing about cool & not cool in helmet, it’s only about safety.
It’s made optional to save lives.

Thanks for educating me bro, I thought helmets were made for Fun

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1427
40

helmet should be compulsory on state highways and national highways

and voluntarily in area of urban or rural agglomeration.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1427
40
iamybs wrote:

Everyone want to comment without knowing the matter.
First of all, there’s much improvement needed in helmet design & that should be the focus.
And then make it mandatory. No one’s safe even after wearing the helmet. Helmet increases chance of accident in city area by not giving proper judgement of how far is that horn you’re hearing, and sometimes not able to hear horn in traffic. And as we all know it surely block eye vision area to some extent, and that’s dangerous in city traffic. There were many accident cases in last few days, all of them wearing helmet, most of them died. Most popular case was BRTS accident case, And it was found out that many people are not able to judge/hear correctly when wearing helmet.

even i was facing these difficulty with ordinary helmet’

learning from that i purchased Royal Enfield bobber helmet.

very nice for congested area use.

Babys%2001
Deal Subedar
105
1168
72

Irony in India:

We will save our mobile by back cover, toughen glass even though naked mobile is best to use in terms of touch, stylish etc. But still….

&

When it comes to own safety, we (including me) find excuses…

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
133
6746
114
flawlessking wrote:

I hate helmet, As a Mumbaikar it’s just not cool…and top of that it messes up my hair !!

Minutes After Posting WhatsApp Photo, Friends Meet Tragic End At Kandivli

In a hit-and-run case, two best friends — Anil Dilip Waghela, 29, and Sagar Prakash Patel, 26 — both residents of Carter road no-3 at Borivali East were mowed down by a speeding dumper on Western Express Highway at Kandivli late Tuesday night. Both died on the spot, the police said.

Cops said both were on an Activa and riding without a helmet

https://www.mid-day.com/articles/minutes-after-...

pensive
Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1313
22
Expand
getready wrote:

Even I hate it
But it saved my life twice grinning

True. My Honda showroom helmet saved my head from cracking like a coconut on the edge of a stone at full force inside the city on a normal road.
And I was not even wearing it fully to protect my hair style. Like half above the head.
God saved me that day. The activa skidded on a pebble filled road and the helmet forced itself on my head at the angle my head hit the stone.
Now I own 3 branded helmets. rolleyes

Missing
Deal Subedar
349
1280
24

Those who have taken this decision goes around in cars…. Less safety concerns for them.

Helmet should be compulsory and its upto individual to protect there lives…. Remember someone is waiting for you always…
Accidents happens in most unusual places and manner…
Yesterday only a thread was there where a guy lost his father due to cattle on the road

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
516
19

In pune also itz optional
Last year local police made it compulsory however all political parties in pune protested

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1427
40

@sunnie their family will be turn out to so not lucky when some one get demise due to no helmet.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1427
40
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

True. My Honda showroom helmet saved my head from cracking like a coconut on the edge of a stone at full force inside the city on a normal road.
And I was not even wearing it fully to protect my hair style. Like half above the head.
God saved me that day. The activa skidded on a pebble filled road and the helmet forced itself on my head at the angle my head hit the stone.
Now I own 3 branded helmets. rolleyes

i have this one

must buy

https://www.amazon.in/Royal-Enfield-Bobber-HEAW...

Cropped4037643400146354173
Deal Subedar
1,800
1948
19

Wtf… Its for safety … They are not lucky

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1427
40
Expand
ayushiVijay wrote:

These are not going to protect ur chin…

but this helmet has wildest FOV.


USEFUL in city limits congested areas.

not recommended for highway and long journey.

Download
Shopping Friend
15
28545
466
drjpatwa wrote:

Irony in India:

We will save our mobile by back cover, toughen glass even though naked mobile is best to use in terms of touch, stylish etc. But still….

&

When it comes to own safety, we (including me) find excuses…

And yeah, suicide is a crime (until and unless not completed fully wink )

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4

Helmets are for safety, not convenience. Hope sensible ones still wear.

Missing