Hot Deal

World Environment Day 2018 - Beat Plastic Pollution

1439°
Supernova
Nigel

World Environment Day occurs on 5th June every year. For almost five decades, World Environment Day has been raising awareness, supporting action, and driving change.

This year India is the global host of World Environment Day.

With “Beat Plastic Pollution” as the theme for this year’s edition, the world is coming together to combat single-use plastic pollution.

Plastic Pollution facts:

• Every year the world uses up to 5 trillion plastic bags
  • Each year, at least 13 million tonnes of plastic end up in the oceans, the equivalent of a full garbage truck every minute.
  • In the last decade, we produced more plastic than in the whole last century
  • 50 percent of the plastic we use is single-use or disposable
  • We buy 1 million plastic bottles every minute
  • Plastic makes up 10% of all of the waste we generate

For more information about World Environment Day and Plastic Pollution, visit:
www.worldenvironmentday....al

Comment below if you have taken any measures to save the environment or if u plan on doing something to contribute.
You can also write something on how the people around you can help or what measures should the government take to minimize pollution. You may also share images from the internet or clicked by you.

We will select 5 entries at 12 noon tomorrow and give 100 Dimes each.

Expired

Deal Wiki

• Last updated by: Nigel
91 Comments  |  
61 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Banning plastic all together is the only solution. Our State Tamil Nadu today has banned plastic altogether except for milk and oil. It is the best way to celebrated World Environment Day. I have slowly and steadly replaced all plastics in my house into steel and other alternatives.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Same with Maharashtra bro.

View 5 more replies
Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
Comment No Longer Exist
Link Copied

@admin @Nigel delete this incomplete thread
Mistakenly unable to post complete

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

We in our colony have skipped polyethylene bags from shops. Cause simple these bags are the main reason for ozone layer depletion. As we’ve done this from this year starting even in our town nobody’s taking these. This might help someday

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

the biggest pblm is plastic,we generally take a foldable back back with us ,most of the shopping items are carried with it,uncoloured plastics are safe to be burnt,we burn in our smoke free oven to boil drinking water

Link Copied

The worst thing I think about Indian people is their thinking
Many people instead of putting garbage’s l in dustbins they put it here and their.
AND What they think?
That someone will come and put it inside dustbins.
Or someone saw dusts all around and he/she instead of putting in dustbins.He/she also put garbage here and their.
It’s not at all good
It will only make our country polluted
We should change our mantellity
We should learn from other developed countries
It’s too bad that India’s capital Delhi is this much polluted
What measures we can take?

Turn off electrical and electronic appliances when they are not in use. Also, recycle paper, plastic, glass bottles, cardboard and aluminium cans. This helps conserve energy and reduce emission from coal-based power plants

• Plant trees, as they improve the air quality. Trees provide shade and filter, absorb and block pollutants
  • Use solar lighting, or connect your outdoor lights to a timer
  • Do not smoke.Smoking just cause adverse effects not only to us but also to our surrounding and environment.
    So if possible Do not smoke.
  • Choose efficient, low-polluting models of vehicles
  • Choose products with less packaging, or packaging that is reusable
  • Shop with a cloth bag instead of taking paper and plastic bags from shopkeepers
  • Buy rechargeable batteries for devices that are used frequently
    We are educated,so its our duty to clean and save our country from pollution and make it pollution free
    *Don’t feel shame in going through public vehicles instead of going by car when u are alone It will not only save your money but u are also making an important role in making it pollution free

And I think we can make our country pollution free,A day will come when India will be among one of superpower,pollution free and developed country.But it will all occur when we all contribute something for our country
GIVE YOUR BEST,LEAVE THE REST smile
Sorry for grammatical mistakes,not that much good in English and Hindi not allowed in Hot deals section lol

Link Copied

Pollution zara sa mehsoos hua ek
Dhuai ki gaadi pe ab tu laga break
Kar raha hai kyu polluted mera desh
Mashwara mera tu aazma ke dekh
Ye hi time hai zara
Pollution Hata le
Ye hi time hai zara
Pollution Hata le

Beta!
Chal kachara hata na
Thoda kurra hata na
Tere pyaare desh pe
Swachata ki phasal ugaana
Arey re re aye
Abey aye
Arey re re aye
Abey aye
Chal beta shuru hoja
Guru kurra utha ke
Thoda jharu laga na
Tera hi desh hai pyaare
Use tu swachh karen na

Chal apne hi desh ko
Swachh karke batana
Thori deshbhakti dikhana
Thori deshbhakti dikhana

Barson akela tu Car me ghuma hai
Public vehicles thora use karake dekh
Khud k bare me tone Roz hi socha hai
Ek bar desh k khatir soch Zara dekh
Ye hi time hai zara
Pollution Hata le
Ye hi time hai zara
Pollution Hata le

Ab se no smoking
No more Tree destroying
Ab se harr ek Din
Putting Kura in dustbin
lol

@indianhunter @Specialdealspa @imharsh @ujjwalgarg

Deal's Advocate Deal's Advocate
Link Copied

I did Ecological Footprint analysis for my city (Ahmedabad) as my M.Tech tesis work.
Ecological Footprint means amount of land required to fulfill population’s needs in terms of carbon emissions from various sources like transportation and industries etc.
And at other hand this amount of carbon emission compared with available green cover(trees) and water bodies.
Conclusion of study :
Ahmedabad needs 12 times more area than its actual geographical area.

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

Started using quick ride instead of using my private vehicle

Link Copied

Nice bro but we needs to do as much as we can contribute to destroy pollution 👍👍
Try not to do anything that harms environment

View 3 more replies
Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

LOOKS LIKE THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR ME
BUT YEAH PLASTIC WAS THE BIGGEST AND MAJOR PROBLEM (SRAP) THAT INDIA WAS FACING . BUT NOW PEOPLE ARE USING COTTON OR JUTE BAG MORE.

WHAT WE CAN DO IS THAT MAKE AWARE OF OUR SURROUNDING PEOPLE AND ORGANIZE SOME EVENTS AND GIFT SHOULD BE JUTE OR COTTON BAGS.😊😊

OR WE HAVE DO SOMETHING THAT PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED IN DOING AND PRIZE SHOULD BE JUTE BAG OR COTTON BAG

INDIA MAI FREE KA MAAL BAHUT CHALTA HAI. FREE MAI SUI BHI DEDO WOH BHI LOOT LENGE.

IF YOU OR WE HAVE SOME MONEY WE CAN DISTRIBUTE FREE COTTON BAG OR JUTE BAG.

THANK YOU
BUT I DONT THINK UNTILL AND UNLESS PEOPLE MINDSET WILL CHANGE WE CANT DO ANYTHING SI WE HAVE TO CHANGE PEOPLE MINDSET FIRST.

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

nature is our life

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Just stop using plastic
Don’t litter on roads
If u do such things then whats the benefit of being educated sweat

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Go Green to live evergreen wink

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Save environment Save earth

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

mom’s, homemakers have so much talent, use that talent to make bags from Jute or any othet material at home instead of using plastic bags

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

don’t use plastic save good nature environment

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

drinking water is the major threat of the future world.So,think first before wasting water.plant at least one tree in a year per capita ,make healthier world

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Urban lifestyle most plastic is consumed via vegetable vendors. Carrying our own paper or cloth bag is the most simple and efficient way to reduce the consumption by a huge amount. It would create a major impact of the PM stressed on that point for a long time just like swachh bharat abhiyan. I am pretty sure there will be an increase in people carrying paper or cloth bags if he stressed on this point for a long time.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Good

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

First things first, before commenting on posts and pretending to be someone we are not we should change the way we live . Instead of buying flashy bikes and cars which are fuel guzzlers we should switch to economical vehicles and try to use public transport as much as possible. Eating green also helps the environment as animal farming consumes a lot of resources almost 5 to 10 times greater compared to greens and is an unnecessary evil . And if you feel its not tasty enough then dont think about the planet and stuff live a selfish life and enjoy. Cheers

Cool Cool
Link Copied

The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.
-Robert Swan.

So friends, let’s not wait for somebody to save our mother nature. Let’s initiate it first for the betterment of our next generations.
#Save water
#Save energy
#Avoid Plastics
#Plant trees.
Thank you pray pray

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

I practice some simple techniques in my day-to-day life.
I..
Dont use shower as it comes more water
Use share auto/ola share for travelling
Use cloth bags
Use vegetable peels as manure for plants.
Try not to waste food
Use LED bulbs

I think we can change people by providing them free cloth bags or providing coupons if they surrender plastic bags.Provide greener alternatives at subsidised price.I think most people wont opt for greener ways unless they find it rewarding.So make it rewarding.
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/518728/medium/5022349environment-day-ecards40_Thumbnail.jpg?1528199892

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Save water ,save trees for good environment !

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

We must use jute bags in place of single usable plastic. This not just help our jute farmers (India largest producer of jute)to increase their income but also save our environment from plastic disaster…Hope we r not too late to take right action s now…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Stopped using plastic bags and have planted more than 10 trees in my area

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I carry Jute / cloth bag with me for shopping. I practice. pray

Link Copied

It is the people who have to stop playing nuisance with the environment. Governments can ban certain things but ultimately people have to follow certain rules and not search for corners to save the environment.
Plastic is a boon for convenience but people made it a disaster by using it haphazardly and now it has reached an alarming stage by polluting sea lakes rivers roads etc.

Link Copied

Use WED as an opportunity to make life-changes and deciding to catch the bus or train to work or riding a bike more often instead of using your car daily is a good start. Taking these small but important steps will make a difference.
Turn off lights when you’re not in the room and unplug appliances when you’re not using them. It only takes a second to be environmentally conscious.
Drive smarter. Slow down — driving 60 miles (96 kilometers) per hour instead of 70 mph on the highway will save you up 4 miles (6 kilometers) per gallon. Accelerating and braking too hard can actually reduce your fuel economy, so take it easy on the brakes and gas pedal. [Source: Consumer Guide Automotive]

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

We should take of our environment instead of blaming government

Deal Baba Deal Baba
Link Copied

The government should establish waste treating companies, such as those that exist in Sweden, in every state. This initiative will not only trash the ‘trash’ in a non-polluting manner but also provide employment opportunities.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Use cycles instead of cars
Will help us to be fitter and beat pollution

replyuser
Click here to reply