Spice Dream Uno Mi-498H

Spice Dream Uno Mi-498H

Vote up smileyx5
Score: 7 Votes: 7
Thumbimgcrop
Deal Subedar
7
462
2576
26

Spice Dream Uno Mi-498H
(Black, 4 GB)

Hello guys,
Going to post my First Review in Desidime forum.

As most of us now owns a very popular device (since some days https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif ).
Yes I am talking about Spice Dream Uno Mi-498H. Most of the users doesn’t know the fact about 498H and 498. There is a small difference between this two devices. The Mi-498H has Hindi Support in UI. Both devices are twins shared only one difference. It is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor with ARM Cortex A7 cores and Mali 400 GPU, has a 4.5-inch FWVGA display and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat).

Now comin ong what we all get out of the Box.

  1. Mobile Handset
  2. Travel Charger
  3. Corded stereo headset (A good quality headset)
  4. Li-Po Battery 1700mAh
  5. USB Data Cable
  6. User Manual
  7. Service Centre List
  8. Warranty Card
  9. A clear Screenguard

Key Features of Spice Dream Uno Mi-498H

  • Android One Platform
  • 5 MP Primary Camera and 2 MP Secondary Camera
  • Dual Sim (3G + 3G)
  • Wi-Fi Enabled and FM Radio
  • 4.5 inch IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen
  • Android v4.4 (KitKat) Upgradeable to v5.1 (Lollipop) OS
  • 1.3 GHz Quad Core Processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 4GB ROM

Used this phone for couple of days. The build quality of the phone is very good at low price. The performance is really good. I done benchmark with antutu benchmark android app and got 19296 which is good compared to other phones. The display is little pale bluish. Screen is delicate so handle carefully use tempered glass protector. The proximity censor is above the speaker and front 2mp camera beside the speaker. No physical home button. Power button and Volume UP-DN Button on right side places perfectly. Ringer at backside below the androidone branding. 5MP Primary camera at top left corner of the phone in back. Battery cover or backpanel is matt finished so it will never slipped out from your hand don’t worry.

Suggestion:
Buy a Tempered Glass for screen and a original flipcover available at very cheap price at Flipkart. Flipcover is harder than original battery cover so it will protect it easily.

The performance
You will get around 2 GB of internal memory to install your apps after updating Google services, Playstore etc. You can not store anything on internal memory even clicked photoes are stored in external memory card. An advice, buy a class 10 microsd card.

When I first boot and after little essential setting when I press menu button I searched-searched and searched for File Manager.:-P
Then I realised it did not have FileManager. So downloaded very famous ES Explorer. Then my search begin for Gallery, don’t laugh at me now. I didn’t read the reviews at shopping site. This phone comes without gallery and file manager. Google Now launcher is good enough but not as other tweaked launchers. I installed essential apps and some games. Phone doesn’t lags at all. got 400MB of RAM free most of the times. Switching between the apps is really smooth. As being samsung user found this little device is very powerful then my phone. Photoes are good clicked with camera needs some improvement hope will get better result after firmware upgrade. Sound is awsome and calling volume too.
I installed Asus Launcher and its working really good. My phone transformed into zenphone and loving it. I also used zenphone 5’s Gallery and FileManager. install it you will gone love this 3 apps.

Pros:

  • Build quality is good considering the price point.
  • Runs a good amount of apps without lag.
  • GPS locking is good. Internet Works great on Chrome.
  • Voice Quality is Good.
  • Both SIM Support 3G.
  • Screen Brightness is Good.
  • Multitasking is Awesome.

Cons:

  • Video and camera is awful
  • 1700mAh not enough for users like me
  • Inbuilt Gallery, File Manger are missing
  • Display is very delicate
  • Missing Toggles (it straight leads to wizard)

Final verdict: Go for this budget phone for sure. Every phone has pros and cons but updated makes it more cool. So wait for an firmware update and you are good to go. By the way forgot to tell you Lollipop eats up ram in this device so wait for another update.

16 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156

Nicely depicted https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
keep reviewing keep posting.

Do add some pics too that adds some flavor in the review done!

+24KG

Img 20150414 215658
Budding Star
46
196
30496
629

+24 @J D@ bro https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif you are simply rocking https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Unnamed
suspended
11
14
14005
158

KG
Kindly add some photu https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Thumbimgcrop
Deal Subedar
7
462
2576
26

Thank you all.. Will try to post photoes from next review https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

how to use spice cloud?
im trying to signup but it shows as "Connection to Server couldnot be established ! "
what should i do now ??

Dd
Critic
23
322
15148
229
“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

Spice Dream Uno Mi-498H
(Black, 4 GB)


Hello guys,
Going to post my First Review in Desidime forum.

* Both SIM Support 3G.


Good review. KG. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

How do you select 3G on second sim? It remains in 2G for me even after selection of 3G. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Sid logo
Deal Cadet
3
149
792
38

Any exp about their service?

My dream uno’s display has gone black… Fk is not having a replacement… shall I get it serviced or refund from FK?

Thumbimgcrop
Deal Subedar
7
462
2576
26
@Magus wrote:

“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

Spice Dream Uno Mi-498H
(Black, 4 GB)


Hello guys,
Going to post my First Review in Desidime forum.

* Both SIM Support 3G.


Good review. KG. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

How do you select 3G on second sim? It remains in 2G for me even after selection of 3G. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif


@Magus

Sorry for late Reply. You can enable either one slot as 3G. Either sim you use for mobile Data network will automatically gets 3G and another gets 2G.
Here we have advantage that when we have to switch we did not have to change the sim cards in slot like other low budget phones.

Missing
Deal Cadet
6
242
506
5

Anyone is interested to buy this mobile at deal price @2800 in Delhi NCR only than PM me.

Missing
Deal Cadet
1
80
260
10

after Android M update battery drain too fast.. not even lasting 10hrs.. any suggestions?

Thumbimgcrop
Deal Subedar
7
462
2576
26

Not even updating now. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif My phone already has PCB issue.
Dhakke kha raha hu service center ke. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Thumbimgcrop
Deal Subedar
7
462
2576
26
“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

Not even updating now. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif My phone already has PCB issue.
Dhakke kha raha hu service center ke. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


Almost one month over and now service record says 1 month for repaired device delivery. Anyone has contact details of higher authority emails or number pls provide me

15 1
Deal Captain
16
7
12754
118
“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

Not even updating now. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif My phone already has PCB issue.
Dhakke kha raha hu service center ke. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


Almost one month over and now service record says 1 month for repaired device delivery. Anyone has contact details of higher authority emails or number pls provide me


Sent me which state you belong

Thumbimgcrop
Deal Subedar
7
462
2576
26
@srocks wrote:

“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

Not even updating now. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif My phone already has PCB issue.
Dhakke kha raha hu service center ke. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


Almost one month over and now service record says 1 month for repaired device delivery. Anyone has contact details of higher authority emails or number pls provide me


Sent me which state you belong


Gujarat Ahmedabad
Complain status shows “sent for advance repairs”
Given 3rd time for same problem which was unresolved

15 1
Deal Captain
16
7
12754
118
“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

@srocks wrote:

“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

“@JD ":http://www.desidime.com/users/...74 wrote:

Not even updating now. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif My phone already has PCB issue.
Dhakke kha raha hu service center ke. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


Almost one month over and now service record says 1 month for repaired device delivery. Anyone has contact details of higher authority emails or number pls provide me


Sent me which state you belong


Gujarat Ahmedabad
Complain status shows “sent for advance repairs”
Given 3rd time for same problem which was unresolved

Sorry Bro N/A

Img 18410535133770
Deal Newbie
0
51
56
3

Please help me to set the permissions to PayZapp application in this mobile, iam not able to set permissions to some apps in this phone.

Missing