We have striven to stick by our commitment to make our Front Page Deals genuinely awesome from day one, so the community gets the maximum benefit.
However, with our community growing every day, misunderstandings and accusations are bound to arise. We want to interact with the community more openly and clear any and all misconceptions. So, here are the answers to some of your FAQs about the process involved in selecting Front Page Deals (FPDs).
How do you search for Front Page Deals?
- Deals are posted and voted for by Dimers like you.
- Every day we (Admin Team and Moderators) go through the list of deals posted and collect an initial list of deals to be discussed further.
- Admin Team also puts forward the front page suggestions received via the “Suggest FPD” feature.
- Each deal is then individually researched by Moderators and Admin Team. We look at the Vote Ups, use data from past deals and even run Google searches for more information on these deals to confirm that the price is indeed at its lowest and for the best rate. Users’ comments are also carefully studied and each moderator or admin puts forward their views. This is done in Admin/ Moderators Forum.
- After the discussion and stamp of approval of the community and couple of moderators, the deal is promoted to our front page.
Who does the research and who decides to promote?
- Moderators and Admin team do the research collectively using all possible tools we have at hand. With moderators joining us as well, our research team has grown from 2 people to well over 10 people. Sometimes some deals may have a lot of Vote Ups even though the discount is merely 10% (e.g.: Mobile recharges or flight tickets). In such cases, where there is a huge demand for such discounts even though the savings aren’t that big, such deals may also be promoted to our front page.
- If there is a general consensus that the deal should be promoted to front page, then the deal is promoted. General consensus shows that there is a popular appeal for a deal.
Why are deals hand-picked?
- Deals are hand-picked because we believe that deals require significant and extensive research. Merely number of votes or clicks is not the best measure to judge a deal’s popularity.
- There may be obvious price mistakes which may receive many votes, but are often cancelled by merchants. Such deals are kept out of our selection process.
- There may be certain deals where we might be requested by merchants not to promote it. Such deals are also kept out of the selection process.
- We also consider the general reputation of the merchant when promoting a deal to the front page. We take it upon ourselves to ensure that our new Dimers are protected from shoddy merchants.
- Also, to be clear, a merchant does not become any less reputed if a price mistake or misuse of coupon is not honoured.
Are you getting paid for Front Page Deals? Can I bribe you?
- We do not accept any payment for promotion of deals as Front Page Deals. We have been approached by many merchants to push their deals as a Front Page Deal but we have refused to accept any such offers every single time. Only great deals which deserve to be showcased on the front page will earn their place there.
- We may receive a small commission for a few (not all) Front Page Deals, however this commission does not influence our decision in any way.
- The deal has to be approved by the community and then the moderators and admin team. So, there is no way to influence the process.
Are you messing with me? I see a Front Page Deal with negative votes.
- Since we do not lock topics even after they make it to the front page, Dimers may vote them down later saying that they are good but not Front Page Deal material.
What about Featured Deals? What about Ads?
- Featured Deals and ads on the home page do not go through the rigorous selection process mentioned above.
I am a badge holder / moderator/ senior member / king of Chinchpokli, what special preference can I avail?
-Your first post may become a Front Page Deal; following which even the next thousand deals posted by you may not become a Front Page Deal. There is no special preference given to anyone; all deals are selected purely on merit.
Okay all of this checks out, but do you guys promise that you will never make mistakes?
-We’ll try our hardest to get the best deals available for you on our front page, but being mere mortals, we might miss out on one or make a mistake. Hopefully these instances will be few and very far apart. You can influence our decision-making every day by sending us Front Page Deal alerts by clicking “Suggest FPD” on the posts you feel are most deserving to be showcased on our front page.
We aim to always stick to our commitment of Front Page Deals on our home page. We have been strictly following the above guidelines and we hope we have given you the confidence and assurance that you are looking at really good deals on our front page.
: You are welcome to comment and ask sensible questions, however do not try to create a nuisance or spam. Such posts will be ignored or deleted and we may even give negative Karma if need be.