Chargeable
Poll has expired, here are the final results
Hot Deal

SBI DEBIT card charges

335°
Deal Cadet
krn.punjabi

I have  blocked the physical card permanently previous month and generated a virtual debit card however i still got charged annual fee

Is this charge justified? 

Virtual card only is free or same charges as physical one

Virtual cars opted rupay global

Thanks in advance 

Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Maybe it's the annual charge for your physical card. Even if you block it, you would be charged for the year you used it.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
you would be charged for the year you used it
paji they charge in advacne.op should have been charged last year only.
65 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
  • Sort By
Link Copied

You shouldn't have been charged. There are no charges for Virtual cards. I hope you have hot listed the physical card before renewal month. Sometime, SBI charges after the renewal month. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yes done in January, charged this February 

Link Copied

Raise complaint for refund

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Done, waiting for an update.

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Maybe it's the annual charge for your physical card. Even if you block it, you would be charged for the year you used it.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I also assumed that,lets wait and watch ⌚ 

View 2 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

There are two types of card block in SBI. User can only temporarily block the card (even though it says permanent). Even after user blocks the card, it shows temporary block in their system! 

You've to either write to branch or mail grievance for a permanent block & get it in writing. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Was not aware about this, it says permanent in app while blocking,  if that's the case then it's complete unfair trade practice 

View 8 more replies
Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Does virtual dc give rp as compared to physical dc?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Not used yet buddy

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Only blocking the card would not serve the purpose. You need to submit a written request to your branch for discontinuation of debit card service.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Any reference pdf or link please? 

View 6 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Blocked for ₹147, which only debits from your account once a year?????  C'mon man! You're getting 1000 points ( equals ₹250 )  every month on your regular spends, reliability of sbi ATMs in remote ares. Sometimes cashless withdrawal doesn't work and in that case this physical card will save you. The current design of the sbi debit card is elegant, sleek and classy especially mastercard's varient. 

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Getting 1000 points on how much spends in a month?

View 11 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

@krn.punjabi paji please keep us updated here

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Definitely will bro, waiting for 30 days over 🙃

View 3 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I had applied for physical debit card few days back. I can view card details from yesterday. I see virtual debit card is free from any annual charges so applied it as well.

I requested for physical card closure to customer care which they closed as I received sms that card has been closed with reference ticket number, but they saying that even if card is activated for 1 day I would still be charged with AMC next year for this physical card.

Will I be still charged with AMC 2nd year for my debit card if it was issued for first time and was only activated for 1 day this year?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

U didn't used/activated physical debit card na? as it was in transit and u blocked 

View 8 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

when sbi dc rp will expire ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

U will get an email before that maybe within 30-60 days before Expiry 

Link Copied

Does Virtual SBI Rupay Debit Card allow 20% off on utilities through Amazon Pay?

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

No😂

View 2 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply