Are these quotes still relevant till date?
Poll has expired, here are the final results
Hot Deal

Gandhi Jayanti and Lal Bahadur Shastriji's Jayanti 2020

350Ā°
Tech Guru
bikidas2060
Happy Gandhi Jayanti and Lal Bahadur Shastri Jayanti to all of my friends. Have a great day. Couple of Gandhijiā€™s quotes are 1) The future depends on what we do in the present 2) A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes. 3) Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. 4) An ounce of practice is worth a thousand words. 5) Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. 6) Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. 7) Permanent good can never be the outcome of untruth and violence. 8) Itā€™s the action, not the fruit of the action, thatā€™s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that thereā€™ll be any fruit. But that doesnā€™t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result. 9) Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. 10) I cannot conceive of a greater loss than the loss of oneā€™s self-respect. 11) You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. 12) An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self sustained. 13) We need not wait to see what others do. 14) A ā€˜Noā€™ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ā€˜Yesā€™ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble. 15) To call woman the weaker sex is a libel; it is manā€™s injustice to woman. 16) First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. 17) A nationā€™s culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. 18) A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history. 19) It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. 20) There is a higher court than courts of justice and that is the court of conscience. It supercedes all other courts. 21) Those who know how to think need no teachers. 22) All the religions of the world, while they may differ in other respects, unitedly proclaim that nothing lives in this world but Truth. 23) The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the worldā€™s problems. 27) Truth never damages a cause that is just. 28) Action expresses priorities. 29) Poverty is the worst form of violence. 30) There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread. 31) There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever. 32) The spirit of democracy is not a mechanical thing to be adjusted by abolition of forms. It requires change of heart. 33) Nearly everything you do is of no importance, but it is important that you do it. 34) Man is supposed to be the maker of his destiny. It is only partly true. He can make his destiny, only in so far as he is allowed by the Great Power. 35) Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living? 36) Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained. 37) Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest. 38) What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? 39) Let us all be brave enough to die the death of a martyr, but let no one lust for martyrdom. 40) Morality which depends upon the helplessness of a man or woman has not much to recommend it. Morality is rooted in the purity of our hearts. Couple of Lal Bahadur Shastrijiā€™s quotes are 1) That loyalty to the country comes ahead of all other loyalties. And this is an absolute loyalty, since one cannot weight it in terms of what one receives. 2) Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan 3) True democracy or the swaraj of the masses can never come through untruthful and violent means, for the simple reason that the natural corollary to their use would be to remove all opposition through the suppression or extermination of the antagonist. 4) There comes a time in the life of every nation when it stands at the crossroads of history and must choose which way to go. 5) Discipline and united action are the real sources of strength for the nation. 6) We must fight for peace bravely as we fought in war. 7) I had always been feeling uncomfortable in my mind about giving advice to others and not acting upon it myself. 8) We have to surmount the difficulties that face us and work steadfastly for the happiness and prosperity of our country. 9) The speed with which we in the Congress are going down is sometimes frightening. Government administration in the districts is rapidly reaching a low level. No strong opposition party has been able to emerge. BJP is facing the same dilemma now 10) No doubt we have to have bigger projects, bigger industries, basic industries, but it is a matter of the highest importance that we look to the common man, the weakest element in the society. 11) We cannot afford to spend millions and millions over nuclear arms when there is poverty and unemployment all around us. 12) We are a very big and vast Government, and naturally, every ministry is becoming bigger and bigger. It becomes, therefore, essential that there should be proper coordination. Edit: I added Shastrijiā€™s details later.
Top Comments
Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Reading his quotes, makes me realise how much we have degraded in choosing leaders now who talks either complete bullshit (cows give oxygen???!) or outright threats like a gunda
Critic Critic
Link Copied
I had a long discussion with my friends many years back. Lots of varied, interesting points were made. But in the end we all agreed a person like Lal Bahadur Shastri will not reach higher levels of any political party - such is today's politics.
16 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Bro I think I todayā€™s era everyone know what is good or bad what they need to do to be successful but main thing that is missing is hard work , determination and consistency .

View 2 more replies
Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
Reading his quotes, makes me realise how much we have degraded in choosing leaders now who talks either complete bullshit (cows give oxygen???!) or outright threats like a gunda
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

True

View 6 more replies
Critic Critic
Link Copied
I had a long discussion with my friends many years back. Lots of varied, interesting points were made. But in the end we all agreed a person like Lal Bahadur Shastri will not reach higher levels of any political party - such is today's politics.
Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

True

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

Baapu Janm Diwas ki shubhkamnayein sabhi jano ko šŸ™

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Gandhi ji wanted congress mukt Bharat . Gandhi ji wants to thanks Modi ji for congress mukt Bharat šŸ˜ 1 year to go for Gandhiji dream of congress Mukt Bharat
replyuser
Click here to reply