Issue with Amazon HDFC Cashback offer - plz help

Issue with Amazon HDFC Cashback offer - plz help

Score: 1 Votes: 1
Busters bargains
Deal Newbie
0
60
80
27

Hello dimers

I placed order for moto g turbo + boat bluetooth headphone + one screenguard from amazon today with hdfc credit card through app to avail 15% cashback. total amount was 9216

Now, at the time of placing order I had Rs 1 amazon gift balance in my account and it got applied automatically and i paid 9215 with credit card.

Later noticed the terms and conditions:

“Please note, the entire amount needs to be paid from your card to avail the offer.”
“Full payment of the transaction must be done from HDFC Card. Any transaction with multiple payment modes will not be considered valid under the Offer.”

But they also have this clause which is contradicting / confusing:
“All the existing offers, gifts, discounts etc. that are being offered on the amazon.in website/ Amazon app can be availed by the Cardholders as part of this Offer as mentioned in the communication.”

I called up amazon cc and they seemed to be totally confused and clueless. first said that you will get the cashback, then said, as you have used Rs 1 gift card balance, you will not get the cashback.

Then I asked, if I cancel the order and place it again (this time full payment with hdfc card) – will I get cashback?
first they said no, then I reasoned with them based on terms and conditions as it is not mentioned anywhere, they said yes you will get cashback but they did not seem sure.

It seemed to me that it will be hdfc and not amazon who will be processing the cashbacks and probably amazon will not have much to do directly in the process.

I finally cancelled the order (refund processed to card account) and placed a fresh order from a different amazon account with same hdfc card (as i was not allowed to claim the lightning deals I already claimed in that account).

Amazon finally said that you will get cashback.

Called hdfc smartbuy cc also, and they were also not very sure.

Following points in t&c make me believe that I should get the cashback:

1) 1. What is the offer?
Get 10% cashback on the site (website and mobile) and 15% cashback on the app on successful single transaction net of refunds on purchases of Rs. 6000 and above from 1st to 5th Oct 2016. Cancelled items/orders will not be eligible for cashback.

2) Under this Offer, Cardholders may avail of a cashback of 10% on the amazon.in website and 15% on the Amazon mobile App, on the total purchase value inclusive of taxes on a per transaction basis, subject to a minimum purchase of INR 6000 (Rupees Six Thousand, only). The maximum applicable cashback per HDFC Card during the Offer Duration is Rs. 1,500/- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred, only) irrespective of number of purchases.

3) In case of cancellation of your order, transaction will not qualify for the Offer. If you cancel part of your order, you will qualify for the Offer only on the net amount you pay basis eligibility.

4) In a scenario where the Cardholder either returns the product/cancels the transaction or a transaction is cancelled by the seller, no cashback will be applicable for such transactions.

Please suggest. What do you think. Will I get cashback or can something go wrong here?
without the cashback it is not a good deal.

16 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
37937
638

@dealsbuster You didn’t have to change the Amazon account for placing the new order. Amazon might block the account and then who knows what will happen with the cashback or the order. Anyway, I don’t see any other reason for you to not get the cashback. smile

Busters bargains
Deal Newbie
0
60
80
27

Asked amazom cc guy if I can place order from other account. he was all over the place. was aking someone and updating me frequently changing his stance ..
since 2 of the items I initially purchased were lightning deals and strangely after cancelling the order I was able to avail only one of those two items at the deal price again. so had to used a different account to use both.

Personally, I feel my first order itself would have got the cashback. there is no way for hdfc to know how much i paid through amazon gift card balance. But these cc guys confused me. Rs 1 gift card balance ke chakkar mein itna ghotala ho gaya toungueout

Missing
Deal Cadet
7
220
574
10

If I pay with 2000 gitcard balance rest amount 7 k with hdfc debit will I eligible or nt

Busters bargains
Deal Newbie
0
60
80
27

One more related query. Since it is a credit card – at the time of cashback credit, if there is no due amount in my card and it has the full credit limt, will the cashback get added to be adjusted from following month’s bill?

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
37937
638
@dealsbuster wrote:

Asked amazom cc guy if I can place order from other account. he was all over the place. was aking someone and updating me frequently changing his stance ..
since 2 of the items I initially purchased were lightning deals and strangely after cancelling the order I was able to avail only one of those two items at the deal price again. so had to used a different account to use both.

Personally, I feel my first order itself would have got the cashback. there is no way for hdfc to know how much i paid through amazon gift card balance. But these cc guys confused me. Rs 1 gift card balance ke chakkar mein itna ghotala ho gaya toungueout


Seems like you do not understand how these bank cashback offers work on the eCommerce sites like Amazon.

It’s a 2-step process. First, the site (Amazon in this case) creates a list of all the eligible transactions and hands it over to the bank running the promotion. Then the bank credits the cashback as per their convenience — they usually delay until the last day of the cashback credit timeline.

Your initial order would have been automatically ineligible for cashback as per the T&Cs and Amazon would have never approved your card/txn for the cashback.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Avatar332 1
Deal Cadet
0
55
916
48
@laxmiprathimacomm552 wrote:

If I pay with 2000 gitcard balance rest amount 7 k with hdfc debit will I eligible or nt


Nope, you would not. check the terms and conditions, i think clubbing is not allowed.

@dealsbuster wrote:

One more related query. Since it is a credit card – at the time of cashback credit, if there is no due amount in my card and it has the full credit limt, will the cashback get added to be adjusted from following month’s bill?


Yes , it would this would show up as excess amount and will get adjusted in your next bill.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
37937
638
@dealsbuster wrote:

One more related query. Since it is a credit card – at the time of cashback credit, if there is no due amount in my card and it has the full credit limt, will the cashback get added to be adjusted from following month’s bill?


Basically, your available credit limit will increase by the cashback amount. And, yes, it would be adjusted in your next month’s expenses.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
37937
638
@laxmiprathimacomm552 wrote:

If I pay with 2000 gitcard balance rest amount 7 k with hdfc debit will I eligible or nt


NO.

Read point 11 from the T&Cs: “Full payment of the transaction must be done from HDFC Card. Any transaction with multiple payment modes will not be considered valid under the Offer.”

Source: http://www.amazon.in/b/ref=s9_acss_bw_cg_Live3_...

Iron man boom
Deal Cadet
1
77
264
15

In short, cancelling the order was a good decision. Using another A/c is debatable and just 0.1% risky.

But, don’t loose sleep over this for the next three months! 99.9% chance that you’ll receive the cashback.

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
304
1690
18

I have ordered Moto g turbo edition with same day delivery @ ₹8099 but I have also used the gift card …. Will I will be able to receive cashback or no…

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
304
1690
18
@Lala wrote:

I have ordered Moto g turbo edition with same day delivery @ ₹8099 but I have also used the gift card …. Will I will be able to receive cashback or no…

But I have used gift card of ₹100 for waving off delivery charges….

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
304
1690
18

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
304
1690
18

@DealSeeker

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
304
1690
18
@Lala wrote:

@Lala wrote:

I have ordered Moto g turbo edition with same day delivery @ ₹8099 but I have also used the gift card …. Will I will be able to receive cashback or no…

But I have used gift card of ₹100 for waving off delivery charges….

@DealSeeker

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
37937
638
@Lala wrote:

@Lala wrote:

@Lala wrote:

I have ordered Moto g turbo edition with same day delivery @ ₹8099 but I have also used the gift card …. Will I will be able to receive cashback or no…

But I have used gift card of ₹100 for waving off delivery charges….

@DealSeeker

Already answered: http://www.desidime.com/forums/deal-baba/topics...

Thumbimgcrop 1480668236842
Deal Subedar
7
304
1690
18

@DealSeeker pls sir tell me will I ewil get cashback or not as the payment in bill is only showing for credit card😥😥😥😥😥😥😥

Missing