Hot Deal

Good bye 2011 and Self Promoters!!!!!

1126°
Helpful
admin
Admin
Lets say good bye to 2011 and also the growing menace of self promoters who think DesiDime is a FREE platform to sell their stuff. We have decided to impose a blanket ban on websites which do shameless self promotion here. We all had enough in 2011!!!! Lets say good bye to 2011 and also to advertisers/merchants/stores/sellers who think DesiDime has become a breeding ground for self promoting their website. You can simply report self promotion activity in the forum, to us in this thread. We will do necessary checks and try to contact the merchant directly to stop such activities. If they dont stop within a month, we will suspend the website completely from the system right away after doing the necessary checks. Do you support us in this bold move? Do you think we should not auto approve any new topic from a new member? Give us ideas to say goodbye to this mess as we bid goodbye to 2011. And yes, a BIG thanks for being part of DesiDime in 2011!!! We hereby completely ban these 2 websites from our system within the next 24 hours: * Jloot * PaisaPlaza (already partially banned) * Mambomart (Websites will be unbanned only once we receive an assurance that they will never try to indulge in such activities)
59 Comments  |  
32 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I support this!!!!!

Super Moderator Super Moderator
Link Copied

awsm…

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

awesome admin …
great job

Link Copied

Voted up Admin!! Awesome stuff to ring in the new year. Cheers https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Newbees check should be done or post should appear after 3 to 4 hrs to avoid spamming/self promotion/buying and selling coupons at ebay etc

Link Copied

Do you support us in this bold move? Do you think we should not auto approve any new topic from a new member? – I support the ban and certainly don’t support these statements as this would be draconian and impeding free speech. New members would lose the initiative to post deals then. There are bad eggs in every basket. Filtering them from time to time is the only time consuming solution possible.

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied
That’s more like an Admin now. Good job Admin!

PS: Nice title too. Good bye self promoters and welcome 2012.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

I would suggest do keep auto approve but increase your moderator’s. If you stop for 3 to 4 hours you need to review more newbie posts of same offers. Just my opinion

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

*admin Good Move
I think admin should appoint more moderators let them approve the deal before it is visible on desidime

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

wow admin that’s like being a dimer , we all support whole heartedly 2 stop this menace

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

thumbs up….!!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I guess once upon a time even greendust had tried the same. Nice move by admin.

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

great job!!!!
thumbs up for that!!!!:-)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hey Admin,

Nice Move Go For It, we are with you Always..

https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

The Alpha The Alpha
Link Copied

go 4 it admin…but the move should b user friendly so that whoever find good deals can post whether he isnewbie or senior member ….njoi

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Great move Admin!

Finally the watchdog turns Bloodhound! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Welcome 2012, Goodbye Self Promoters!! Voted Up

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Amazing..

Thanks to have DD and running it with such passion

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Great move, @admin. Voted up.

As for not auto approving new topic from any new member, I think there’s something for that too – apart from self promotion, I have seen too many newbies post what are either reposts, or bad coupons (like user-locked or one time use coupons), or ar least post in the wrong section. However, the move to not auto-approve is probably too drastic. Maybe what we can do is, whenever a person with less than say, 10 posts starts a new topic, it sends an alert to the mods, who can treat that with priority. Having the topic visible for an hour or two, before the mods can filter it, could be an acceptable compromise.

Hunk Hunk
Link Copied

Thats great.

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied
anshu wrote:

go 4 it admin…but the move should b user friendly so that whoever find good deals can post whether he isnewbie or senior member ….njoi

+1

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Great move sirji
A humble suggestion: Allow only those deals to become fpd where the seller agrees to run the promo/deal for atleast 24 hrs. If they are just canceling all the orders after enjoying a front page status then impose a ban of few days for their subsequent deals to come to the front page

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

WHY IS THIS http://www.desidime.com/premium_deals/shersingh…

IN FPD ????

MO ITEM S IN THAT SITE IS WORTH AND ITS A NEW SITE .

I THINK THIS IS MADE AS FPD TO PROMOTE THIS NEW SITE AND ITS A SELF PROMOTION .

Blogger Blogger
Link Copied

nice move Adm

Helpful Helpful
Admin
Link Copied

We have decided to add “Mambomart” to the red list, after some resellers on that website repeatedly spamming the forum. Same will be reflected within the next 24 hours.

Link Copied

Wow finally Admin understood our situation. Thanks a lot for that it was required. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Link Copied
Admin wrote:

We have decided to add “Mambomart” to the red list, after some resellers on that website repeatedly spamming the forum. Same will be reflected within the next 24 hours.

Good Move .. Admin

Many will be Happy and at Peace from now on …:-D

Link Copied

Newbies have a learning curve for forum rules but what about seasoned members especially Deal Captains who knowingly post in wrong sections just to get public’s wah-wah should simply be demoted. There are many people who have become deal captains by posting meaningless posts and comments or using forums for chatting to reach the count of posts.

Deal Captain tag does not imply that forum rules can be openly flouted with a bottom note saying Admin sorry I was in a hurry so posted in wrong section etc etc.

This is another menace on Desi Dime and action needs to be taken to ensure just about any Tom, Dick or Harry is not given the highest badge of trust and responsibility viz. Deal Captain on Desi Dime. Remember with great power comes great responsibility!

Link Copied

Agreed with Kage’s view.

Admin should take a call on this specially on the badges system as suggested by Kage.
Anyone and everyone is graduating from Newbie to Captain just by posting craps and spams.

I’ve seen a lot of people here on DD who post deals just for the sake of earning Dimes & an FPD even though if that deal doesn’t make any sense actually.

Admin should give warning to such people and my God just have a look at the Hot Deals section.. It looks like a fish market full with nonsense deals.

Sirji do something about it.

replyuser
Click here to reply