Unfortunately this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future.
Creative D200 Black Speakers  for Rs. 8189

Creative D200 Black Speakers for Rs. 8189

172°
19 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

68USD on amazon.com or roughly under 4250INRroll
MRP in India 11500evil eek China India transport should be cheaper than China U.S. of A transport

highly overpriced by company to fool people by letting distributors/ retailers offer silly discounts- retailers still have a 12-15% margin despite heavy discounts!

Duties in India on electronics is NOT 100% .. that is clearly a case of company manipulating aspirational values of Indians- trying to market this as an elitist product
ordering it on Amazon main site with one or two items and qualifying for Global shipping program might still work out cheaper that buying it in India; just for the useless India warranty

however
this is NOT to discourage the post or pennychaser though i feel without CoD [confidence of Amazon fulfillment and service]- its not as charming to buy from the seller

because similar lesser known sellers are offering both- lesser prices and/or also option to pay at the time of delivery

#] Flipkart- other than Flipkart [WS Retail]- other seller selling at 10600- though not to every location

#]cart2india- claims 7800INR and CoD – https://www.cart2india.com/speakers/creative-d2…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

eek vhaat dha phak eek eek
buying it from Amazon’s North American operations and paying for having it shipped to India will be the cheapest even compared to Indian priceslol biggrin
even after paying Amazon a refundable Import Fee Deposit

now i am really pissed why Amazon doesn’t sell LaCie Blade Runner that i first saw 5 months back

these speakers are delivered to your home for under USD124 or 124×62 eek INR7688 only eek eek

and Amazon/ their logistics guys do not charge anything above the order value- in-fact a partial or full refund is given for underutilised component/ part of the Import Fee deposit
cool unless one is going to the americas or someone coming back from there- then its all yours for 68USD and some maska thanks to the courier relativewink

edit: damn! i am not able to delete the chat trail appended below.. its too phak ing long and net connection conking off the classic.desidime.com interface

12/27/13 Live Chat with Amazon.com

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/chat/popup.html?… 1/3

You are now connected to Sharmi from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003N…I/
If order fulfilled and/or sold by Amazon
can ASIN B003N9PJDI; ship to India?
1] under Amazon’s global shipping program? of-course with order value criteria fulfilled to qualify for the
Global Shipping program
Or
2] even without free shipping; can one pay you and request delivery to India?
#] does this product as sold currently at the link mentioned: have a global warranty/ service
commitment even in India?
or the service aspects can only be fulfilled in the U.S. of A?

Sharmi: Hello, my name is Sharmi.

Me: Namaskar Sharmi and belated (by a day) Merry Christmassmile
Sharmi: Thank you.
Me: ohh.. if you are in India.. then belated by two days !!
Sharmi: Belated Merry Christmas, too!
I’m reviewing your inquiry.
Me: hope you see my query above.. sorry for the botheration Sharmi- as it has so many parts
oh okay, thanks
Sharmi: Let me check if the item can be shipped to India.
Me: Creative D200 Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
Sharmi: I checked and see that this item can be shipped to India.
Me: thanks for the update- it would help if the total costs and break it available
including shipping and Import deposit/fee if any on purchasing these at amazon.com
say: USD _ for product + USD _ for shipping + USD _ as customs/ duty deposit etcetera
Sharmi: Free Global Shipping is only if your order includes at least $125 of qualifying merchandise.
Me: okay Sharmi- say if we order three of these – does it qualify?
Sharmi: I can give you an approximate information on how much will be the shipping costs.
Me: even if not free- can i pay for a single SKU- if yes, please give specifics of total costs including
Import deposit if any+ shipping costs
Me: sure madame.. approximation will do- if it is available
Sharmi: First the item should be eligible, it looks like the item is not eligible for global free shipping.
Me: that is the reason for this chat Sharmi
Sharmi: Let me check the costs.
Me: i had a terrible experience at Amazon.. as three of your
colleagues already discon’d my chat on same issue without the answers and now i am very distressed
Sharmi: For AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping
Me: thanks for the same Madame
Sharmi: I understand that your past chat experience wasn’t good and you are unhappy about it.
However, I can try my best to assist you, Sai.
Me: i knew its not in global shipping but unsure about paid shipping; hence on these chats
Sharmi: Here are the shipping approximates.
For AmazonGlobal Standard Shipping
Shipping & handling: $26.77
Me: ahain
Sharmi: Import Fees Deposit $29.27
AmazonGlobal Expedited Shipping:
Shipping & handling: $35.77
Import Fees Deposit $32.04
And for Priority Shipping
Shipping & handling: $59.04
Import Fees Deposit $39.24
Me: okay- so can one assume USD 68+ USD 26.77 + USD29.27 as best [most economical] case scenario?? biggrin THIS is it Dimers lol Plus there is possibility of a refund from 32.04$toungueout

12/27/13 Live Chat with Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/chat/popup.html?… 2/3

Me: oh my god- import fee deposit amount changes as per shipping method?
Sharmi: Yes, Sai. It changes according to the shipping method.
Me: thats rather odd.. anyway
Sharmi: Approximately for Standard shipping, here’s the information:
Me: may I ask you a personal Question Sharmi ji?
Sharmi: Items: $67.95
Shipping & handling: $26.77
Total before tax: $94.72
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $29.27
Sharmi: Order total: $123.99
Me: okay great 123.99 NOTED smile
may I ask you a personal Question Sharmi ji?
Sharmi: Yes, Sai.
I can try to answer them.
Me: are you in USA or India.. and the reason is very miserly sad
Sharmi: I’m in India.
Me: if you are from India- u will understand our skepticism about govt. officers
Sharmi: I’m sorry that I’m unable to comment about it.
Me: does amazon / logistics (FedEx?) issue any proof/ customs recpt for duty paid/ import fee deposit used
does amazon / logistics (FedEx?) issue any proof/ customs recpt for duty paid/ import fee deposit
used??
are we connected
Sharmi: Yes.
To obtain details regarding the Actual Import Fees, or to obtain documentation or receipts in connection
with customs clearance, you must contact the Carrier which will be specified in the shipment
confirmation e-mail.
Me: okay wonderful Sharmiji.. that leaves one last puzzle
Sharmi: Also, to learn more about import fee deposits, please visit our Help pages:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display….
Me: the service commitment/ warranty on this product- is it valid worldwide/ including India?
Sharmi: Let me check that for you.
Me: thanks.. i will wait for you to do the needful
Sharmi: I see the manufacturer has listed 1 year warranty for this item.
Me: ahain.. and?
Sharmi: Please contact us incase you have any issues if you purchase this item from us and we’ll assist
you further.
Me: okay.. so warranty applicability in India is unclear at the moment?
Sharmi: The manufacturer hasn’t specified about the world wide warranty on our website.
Me: one last thing- the residual amount from Import Fee Deposit- and i checked the link you gave, but still- roll is it auto credited to account or issued in some other way? roll
madame?
Sharmi: in this case, if you have any issues if you purchase this item from us, please contact us.
Whenever the actual import fee deposit collected is less than we estimated, we’ll issue a refund for the difference.

Sharmi: You may want to contact your local customs office for more information on these charges.
Me: via auto credit to account or a physical cheque refund [as Amazon India does] or a store credit on the site?
Sharmi: Any customs or import duties owed on the value of the original shipment will be levied once the package reaches its destination country.
Me: Sharmi i ask ONLY about the Amazon refund- the money that Amazon takes- its outside the authority of Indian customs- Amazons mode of refund is what i am asking about
Sharmi: Any refund we process will be credited to the same payment card used to place an order.
Me: okay great
smile thanks Sharmi for all your time and patience
have a nice evening
bye

#remaining chat truncated#

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

@madmonk Thoughts are always welcome Bro, Karma to You smile,

It was available cheaper Last year I guess but now everywhere the price seems to have increased toungueout
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

thanku pennychaser bhai [i wonder if Penny is a ladyroll .. as in Penelope roll]
in my 16years or so of internet use and first on-line purchase at ‘firstandsecond.com’ in 2004/2005 [it was a great site/ effort but unfortunately it busted out and mostly because A1books.com guys poached their team]
i am very old-fashioned and skeptical about ‘everything’.. and i mean everything.. though irctc is the only place one ‘has to’ pay prior to purchase

pennychaser wrote:

@madmonk Thoughts are always welcome Bro, Karma to You smile,

It was available cheaper Last year I guess but now everywhere the price seems to have increased toungueout

i am not even sure what benefits accrue on getting Front Page deals or karma but thanks again : )

by the way speaking of irctc- those who drank their mothers milk [pathetic translation of the Indian ‘dare’ sad] ..can risk using their site to buy other stuff
irctc’s shopping portal effort is offering upto 20% discounts [subject to slabs] on their list price and almost 50% cashback in some cases [1000 cashback on 2000 and above]
http://i.imgur.com/oYQTd…ng

nor am i particularly enthused about participating/ posting nor looking for these FPD benefits; so in case any one posts this irctc info in new topic- fine by me.

i find thuttu.com very convenient to check/ search deals- no login shogin

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied

Sab Maya hai bhai smile

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

bilkul.. bilkul

pennychaser wrote:

Sab Maya hai bhai smile

i dont know how young are you or otherwise but life ‘did’ exist before wiki/ google/ facebook/ sweater [or twitter i dont care] /internet and satellite television

and not that our childhood/ teenhood was too bad or anything.. but evolution happens!!
sab Maya hai!!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
madmonk wrote:

in my 16years or so of internet use and first on-line purchase at ‘firstandsecond.com’ in 2004/2005 [it was a great site/ effort but unfortunately it busted out and mostly because A1books.com guys poached their team]

What? firstandsecond.com a great site? I ordered a book for Rs. 3850 charged to my credit card in 2003 and I’m still waiting for it to be delivered. If you know the jokers who floated this site, I would appreciate knowing their contact details so I can write them an extremely politely worded request for a status update!!!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Just in case, If anyone is interested I have this speaker and I’m willing to let it go for 5k. I would prefer people from Delhi as they can come over to test/collect it.

I’m letting it go, as this was an impulse purchase I don’t listen to it much as I have proper 5.1 system in my room. It is hardly used and speaker condition is excellent.

About the speaker:
Sound quality is awesome, especially if you have an AptX enabled phone like galaxy s3, etc. Hard to believe such great sound can come from such a small speaker.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

it would be great if you’d also mention if any residual warranty/ service period is letf on this unit of your?
also if the creative site/ company does not know ‘your’ purchase date or you have NOT registered the product online
will one get a fresh life/ service if they now register the product?

haste wrote:

Just in case, If anyone is interested I have this speaker and I’m willing to let it go for 5k. I would prefer people from Delhi as they can come over to test/collect it.

I’m letting it go, as this was an impulse purchase I don’t listen to it much as I have proper 5.1 system in my room. It is hardly used and speaker condition is excellent.

About the speaker:
Sound quality is awesome, especially if you have an AptX enabled phone like galaxy s3, etc. Hard to believe such great sound can come from such a small speaker.

Lastly, [ and this is NOT to dissuade you or a prospective buyer ]since you bought it.. do you have any idea how it pares to.. say a JBL Flip [you may have researched, sorry i assume it]
a new JBL Flip [BT speaker] is slightly above your list price for your unit

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

feel sorry for you to hear this brother.. but i was more in touch with the second rung guys who later joined A1books in logistics etcetera
nahicry no one from top mgmt would i know of, in-fact they are a mystery and i dare say i do not know if they even ventured into something similar
roll i am not judgemental.. but are you THIS well off to let go 4000 bucks?roll
at the least file a complaint in the consumer court [no i do NOT mean the fake website, but the physical thing].. it gives your grievance a legitimacy, even if absolute amount of money is meaningless even with interest added

dribbler wrote:

madmonk wrote:

What? firstandsecond.com a great site? I ordered a book for Rs. 3850 charged to my credit card in 2003 and I’m still waiting for it to be delivered. If you know the jokers who floated this site, I would appreciate knowing their contact details so I can write them an extremely politely worded request for a status update!!!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
madmonk wrote:

feel sorry for you to hear this brother.. but i was more in touch with the second rung guys who later joined A1books in logistics etcetera
nahicry no one from top mgmt would i know of, in-fact they are a mystery and i dare say i do not know if they even ventured into something similar
roll i am not judgemental.. but are you THIS well off to let go 4000 bucks?roll
at the least file a complaint in the consumer court [no i do NOT mean the fake website, but the physical thing].. it gives your grievance a legitimacy, even if absolute amount of money is meaningless even with interest added

dribbler wrote:

madmonk wrote:

Very definitely not well off! Why would I spend time on a deals site otherwise? This is on my list of things to do; right after I follow up with the Income Tax department as to why they think I owe them money and won’t refund TDS payments in excess of tax owed!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
dribbler wrote:

Very definitely not well off! Why would I spend time on a deals site otherwise? This is on my list of things to do; right after I follow up with the Income Tax department as to why they think I owe them money and won’t refund TDS payments in excess of tax owed!

guru.. chain sei sou jao, kumbal ooudh kar.. in such cases if the ruling/order goes in your favour ; they pay you the interest too- over and above the dues [that you mention]

but if you see even a 0.001% probability that the A.O. has jurisdiction to let his interpretation prevail.. then pursue the case with full vigour.. preferably taking the help of your accountant [if you have one] or some person more in the know of and conversant dealing with tax matters.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
madmonk wrote:

Lastly, [ and this is NOT to dissuade you or a prospective buyer ]since you bought it.. do you have any idea how it pares to.. say a JBL Flip [you may have researched, sorry i assume it]

np dude, I haven’t heard JBL Flip, but I compared the specs just now. I don’t think they are in same league. Creative is significantly more powerful with RMS power of 18W while JBL is only 10w. It is also evident in the design, on creative d200 you have sub-woofer like opening while JBL has none, pointing to lower output and lesser base. Also compare the weight, on JBL is only 0.35kg while creative one has 1.65kg. Though weight makes it negative qualification for Creative being a portable speaker, but if you ask me judging by weight alone JBL would be puny.
Also as I mentioned before, this also features APT-X codec which increases dynamic range for Bluetooth streaming audio making it closer to wire based solution.

When I was buying it, I had compared it with logitech UE boombox which is a close competetior, maybe even better but it costs much more.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Much Appreciate your time and effort to reply haste
in fact after checking the RMS.. nothing much is left.. and anyway once we use Creatives we have a positive brand attachment.. never seen JBL speakers except at the shop itself or an odd theatre..

creative and Monsoon are what I have used and am comfy with [especially since i use the Creative Sound Blaster card inside]

thanks again and pity that currently am not in the groove to do non essential shopping.. else would have PM’d you

haste wrote:

madmonk wrote:

np dude, I haven’t heard JBL Flip, but I compared the specs just now. I don’t think they are in same league. Creative is significantly more powerful with RMS power of 18W while JBL is only 10w. It is also evident in the design, on creative d200 you have sub-woofer like opening while JBL has none, pointing to lower output and lesser base. Also compare the weight, on JBL is only 0.35kg while creative one has 1.65kg. Though weight makes it negative qualification for Creative being a portable speaker, but if you ask me judging by weight alone JBL would be puny.
Also as I mentioned before, this also features APT-X codec which increases dynamic range for Bluetooth streaming audio making it closer to wire based solution.

When I was buying it, I had compared it with logitech UE boombox which is a close competetior, maybe even better but it costs much more.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

vu

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Creative-D200-Wireless-B...

Price:Rs. 8,499.00

Top-rated seller
mark-infotech (24658 )
99.5% Positive feedback
Consistently receives highest buyers’ ratings
Ships items quickly
Has earned a track record of excellent service

Code EBAYBASH12

Deal Price: 7649

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/314848/medium/1390040-screenshot_170.png?1480988613
image url

Warranty: Manufacturer Warranty

Deal Hunter Deal Hunter
Link Copied
desidealbaba wrote:

penny bhai

EBAYBASH12

Rs 7649

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Creative-D200-Wireless-B...

Thanks bhai logon…….checked the coupon (EBAYBASH12) on the lowest ones, it was not working…..thanks for update https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

replyuser
Click here to reply