Unfortunately this deal has expired. Get notified of deals like this in the future.
Hot Deal
Vu 40" Full HD LED TV - 40K16 @ minimum 26441 (credit card EMI) @27850 (other payment method)

Vu 40" Full HD LED TV - 40K16 @ minimum 26441 (credit card EMI) @27850 (other payment method)

1909°
23% OFF 35000.0
Deal Subedar
BML

Get extra Rs 2000 off on this product by using Coupon Code ELFLAT2000 at Check Out
Get extra Rs 2500 off on this product by using Coupon Code SDFLAT2500 at Check Out Coupon Credit – Kiran

Coupon Discount:- ₹ 2500
Shipping Charges:FREE
HS18 EMI Discount:- ₹ 959
Net amount payable:₹ 26441

http://www.homeshop18.com/vu-40-full-hd-led-tv-…

Key Features:

Built-in DMP Player USB Movies- Plug and Play Bright LED Backlit 1920 × 1080 Pixels Resolution
Expired

Deal Wiki

140 Comments  |  
39 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Guys today I again visited one more Croma Showroom and even VU Showroon in Golf Course Road Gurgaon.
(In VU Showroom it was actually a Corporate Office, no one was there to show me Demo. They asked me to come on Monday.)

Then I decided to visit Croma Gurgaon. I was astonished to see the quality of this TV. Discovery HD was running there. It was working gr8. After that I asked him to switch to SD Quality. They had TATA Sky Connection there.SD quality was also good. Not as good compared to (74,000 INR) Sony TV, but it was good considering in price range.

After watching 3/4 channels in SD quality I asked him to play files from my pen drive. The files played flawless.
So overall the TV is very good in this price range.

I’m seriously planning to buy it now but price range should be in 25K to 26K.

Regarding SD quality on other (local cable wala stb), switch to DTH platform because Cable Quality is not upto mark as per DTH. This is only solution as per now.

That is it! Thank you guys!!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
asdf wrote:

mailme197 wrote:

asdf wrote:

mailme197 wrote:

Hi guys. Had ordered it on sunday. Received it yesterday got installed today.

The TV is not working properly. The picture on SD quality is simply pathetic. The HD quality is fine however there is noticable lag while watching the channel. Moreover when I switch channels the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds and then the next channel appears.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Moreover on requesting for return homeshop 18 as of now has said I will have to courier the TV back as reverse pickup is not avilable at "my location ". They said the concerned team will call me in 48 hrs to resolve the issue. But this is seriously illogical. They cannot expect layman guys to courier back the TV. What if it breaks??

Really bad experience as of now…

did you return the tv?

Trying to do it.. Homeshop 18 said they need DOA certificate from VU service center to give a replacement. Now chasing VU Service center for an engineer visit.

I have a full HD cable set top box. We were also thinking that there could be a problem with set top box so we had called the cable guy. I was not there but what he told my mom is that LED TV have a certain delay while changing channels.. Is this true? Can anyone throw some light on this.

which service provider you are using for hd?

Its local cable TV setup box (7-Star)

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied
mailme197 wrote:

asdf wrote:

mailme197 wrote:

asdf wrote:

mailme197 wrote:

Hi guys. Had ordered it on sunday. Received it yesterday got installed today.

The TV is not working properly. The picture on SD quality is simply pathetic. The HD quality is fine however there is noticable lag while watching the channel. Moreover when I switch channels the screen goes black for 2-3 seconds and then the next channel appears.

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Moreover on requesting for return homeshop 18 as of now has said I will have to courier the TV back as reverse pickup is not avilable at "my location ". They said the concerned team will call me in 48 hrs to resolve the issue. But this is seriously illogical. They cannot expect layman guys to courier back the TV. What if it breaks??

Really bad experience as of now…

did you return the tv?

Trying to do it.. Homeshop 18 said they need DOA certificate from VU service center to give a replacement. Now chasing VU Service center for an engineer visit.

I have a full HD cable set top box. We were also thinking that there could be a problem with set top box so we had called the cable guy. I was not there but what he told my mom is that LED TV have a certain delay while changing channels.. Is this true? Can anyone throw some light on this.

which service provider you are using for hd?

Its local cable TV setup box (7-Star)

hows 7-star cable reception for SD and HD

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Not that bad.. I earlier had a 46" full hd LED but screen was not working properly from last 3-4 months had to change the TV. The quality of HD was really good. However now I feel that the setup box is not working properly and the lag is not actually because of the TV but because of the setup box.. Trying to figure it out though.. Will keep you posted.

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied
mailme197 wrote:

Not that bad.. I earlier had a 46" full hd LED but screen was not working properly from last 3-4 months had to change the TV. The quality of HD was really good. However now I feel that the setup box is not working properly and the lag is not actually because of the TV but because of the setup box.. Trying to figure it out though.. Will keep you posted.

how much does 7-star charge for SD / HD STB and monthly package how many channels

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
asdf wrote:

recieved the tv.. table mounted myself..
but very disapponted with the picture quality on hathway local cable set top box..
asked hs18 for return…they are telling no return. talk with vendor and warranty..
on insisting for return he is like i will ask and callback ..
what to do now???

anyone using same model with other set top box please reply with name of your service provider..

I am using Videocon HD with this tv (which I ordered it from HS18 about 45 days ago). HD quality (either through dth or pen drive or my 1 TB hardisk) is very good. SD channel quality is ok for me. Try to get any HD DTH box, you will enjoy the quality !

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Both ELFLAT2000 and SDFLAT2500 are not working https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

On applying ELFLAT2000 says “Coupon is temporarily inactive”
While applying SDFLAT2500 "The coupon code is invalid. Please check the code before trying again

Somebody help please.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
plex.antony394 wrote:

Both ELFLAT2000 and SDFLAT2500 are not working https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

On applying ELFLAT2000 says “Coupon is temporarily inactive”
While applying SDFLAT2500 "The coupon code is invalid. Please check the code before trying again

Somebody help please.

Sir, you are late now. Wait for few days. You will again find some offer on this TV!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

update…:-} https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
very happy with the purchase…
value for money..
the culprit was the local cable set top box…:evil: https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_twisted.gif
got tata sky hd and its working superb:-D
sd qaulity is also very good..
who have got this tv get tata sky.. isko laga dala to life jhingalala..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is for VU 40K16 TV Owners. Please reply :-

1:> Can you able to change Brightness, Contrast, Colors, Sharpness etc in USB mode ?
2:> What about DUAL AUDIO Movies, how to change audio in those ripped movies from English to Hindi or vice-versa ? (USB Mode)

*3:> Recently I came to know from one of company member (Sales and Marketing Executive) that they launched a new version of this TV. In that sound will be better (10W X2 Speakers) and some more improvement in Picture Quality too.

I’m not sure about this news. Recently a member from there team called me and told me about this new launch. He said, “The older version will get more cheaper in coming days.” (If this news is true!)

You might think that what type of person am I? Sorry, but I do thorough research before buying these items.

Thank you!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

in usb mode we can only change scene from standard stadium game n so on
dual audio works well.. just press menu while playing from usb. move sideways to right on settings and change audio 1 or audio 2.
change equiliser setting for better sound
hope this helps..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
asdf wrote:

in usb mode we can only change scene from standard stadium game n so on
dual audio works well.. just press menu while playing from usb. move sideways to right on settings and change audio 1 or audio 2.
change equiliser setting for better sound
hope this helps..

Bro, when I press on Menu in USB mode, Menu box doesn’t open. It shows me seek bar of video. Not any settings of Brightness contrast etc.. which used to come on HDMI or TV mode.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

when seek bar comes just press the right arrow key “>” present next to OK key 5 times then menu for audio n video comes..
for brightness contrast only preset scene modes are there… just press picture key present in between vol & channel up down keys..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
asdf wrote:

when seek bar comes just press the right arrow key “>” present next to OK key 5 times then menu for audio n video comes..
for brightness contrast only preset scene modes are there… just press picture key present in between vol & channel up down keys..

Aha! Doesn’t it seams bit weird https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_surprised.gif , now again I have to check this out. Are you sure dual audio video plays well in USB. I need it because I watch a lot of Dual Audio BlueRay Ripped Movies https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

So we can only change Picture Mode. Not Brightness, Contrast Individually ? Right Sir? Same the case is with Audio ?

Thanks for your reply. Really informative.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What about Subtitles bro? Are they also accessible and can be Enabled/Disabled like in VLC Player ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

dual audio plays smoothly in usb even with 1tb hard disk and 4gb mkv file.
havent tried subtitles yet will try and let you know.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
asdf wrote:

dual audio plays smoothly in usb even with 1tb hard disk and 4gb mkv file.
havent tried subtitles yet will try and let you know.

Thank you bro! You really helped me a lot. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
promoking wrote:

What about Subtitles bro? Are they also accessible and can be Enabled/Disabled like in VLC Player ?

Yeah..I am able to enable/disable them. if both the video and subtitle file have the same name, you can access them using subtitle button on tv remote.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Rightly said. Homeshop18 deavtivate both coupns ELFLAT2000.
Tell me bro 40 " is better than 32 ".
Planning to buy 32 "…is it good deal

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
charantaj wrote:

promoking wrote:

Yeah..I am able to enable/disable them. if both the video and subtitle file have the same name, you can access them using subtitle button on tv remote.

Hmm, this means we can also select subtile file from the movie folder and can be added in the video (like in vlc) or just it would show pre-added subtitles in video?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
neo_ficci wrote:

Rightly said. Homeshop18 deavtivate both coupns ELFLAT2000.
Tell me bro 40 " is better than 32 ".
Planning to buy 32 "…is it good deal

Bhai, 1st of all look upon your budget? – Are you willing to spend 26-28K then yes 40inches would be superb!

And if your budget is low (within 17-18K, you can go for 32 inches Tv)

The biggest difference is Screen Quality. 40 inches offers 1920X1080 resolution which is Full HD, whereas 32 inches offers 1368X720 Resolution which is HD Ready TV (720P Video plays well)!

Now, go as per your choice. I would say to go with 40inch one because at this time no other branded TV can substitute VU 40K16 at least in price.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Better go for Videocon Mirage 40 or sharp 39L155 way better than this TV,this display has untrue hues and shades which can be noticed if these are put across different band of TVs.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
akshanu0507850 wrote:

Better go for Videocon Mirage 40 or sharp 39L155 way better than this TV,this display has untrue hues and shades which can be noticed if these are put across different band of TVs.

Brother, Don’t take it otherwise, I have seen both these TV’s. Videocon picture quality is not good as compared to this TV. Pixels are not proper in Videocon TV. Sharp is some different brand. It don’t offer that much facilities as this TV offers. Moreover specifications on VU are better than Sharp or Videocon.

Yes, I agree in a showroom you could see that VU TV gives lower contrast (not as bright as other TV like sony, samsung) but I feel that it looks natural. At last it is person who has to take decision as per his/her personal choices. But as per me at any time VU is much better than above two brands.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

What VU is better than Sharp, c mon, All the hues and shades are very unnatural on Vu as I fiddled with all the TVs on the wall. Sharp though the Tv doesnt have much addons, the picture quality is close to the iconic brands, even videocon mirage quality is acceptable but Vu was horrible infront of others, Panasonic plasmas are way ahead in pic quality if you are in for another 10 grands. But Vu shows green when the colour should be blue, also to check out if this was a one tv issue, i checked their 40, 50 and 55 inches in different backgrounds, the contrast levels are surprisingly low, for sharp the consumption is just 57 watts and the pic quality is much better, even humble videocon mirage was exception in front of Vu. When you see a TV its always the pic quality in ambient light what matters. Sharp displays are made in Japan and are amongst the best by manufacturing standards, not as per me.

Not to undermine Zenith computers who own the brand. But they need to work on the picture rendered. As for most of us its one time purchase for years to come.

Then as per me nothing beats Panasonic, Sony in picture quality, philips toshiba and many other brands are made by videocon except the rom and eprom chips , even sony is made by samsung.

Extra features etc are additives to the base products, but the base calibration is horribly misplaced in Vu.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
akshanu0507850 wrote:

What VU is better than Sharp, c mon, All the hues and shades are very unnatural on Vu as I fiddled with all the TVs on the wall. Sharp though the Tv doesnt have much addons, the picture quality is close to the iconic brands, even videocon mirage quality is acceptable but Vu was horrible infront of others, Panasonic plasmas are way ahead in pic quality if you are in for another 10 grands. But Vu shows green when the colour should be blue, also to check out if this was a one tv issue, i checked their 40, 50 and 55 inches in different backgrounds, the contrast levels are surprisingly low, for sharp the consumption is just 57 watts and the pic quality is much better, even humble videocon mirage was exception in front of Vu. When you see a TV its always the pic quality in ambient light what matters. Sharp displays are made in Japan and are amongst the best by manufacturing standards, not as per me.

Not to undermine Zenith computers who own the brand. But they need to work on the picture rendered. As for most of us its one time purchase for years to come.

Then as per me nothing beats Panasonic, Sony in picture quality, philips toshiba and many other brands are made by videocon except the rom and eprom chips , even sony is made by samsung.

Extra features etc are additives to the base products, but the base calibration is horribly misplaced in Vu.

VU is also manafactured in Japan and assembled in Taiwan, Designs are made in California – this is what I got to know from VU Sales representative.
A small comparison:-

Power watt Consumption :- 57 watt in Sharp and 70 watt in VU (13 Watt) – Imagine yourself how much you save!
Slim Details :- 81mm in Sharp and 57.9mm in VU -If you like slimmer Tv’s!!
Screen Size :- 39inches in Sharp and 40 inches in VU -Doesn’t matter I guess!
Price Range :- Sharp at SnapDeal is around 30K (after discount) while VU is in 27-28K on Snapdeal (after Discount)! – if Budget matters!
Warranty (Most Imp) :- Sharp if bought from Snapdeal offers NO WARRANTY! If bought offline it is way costlier than VU -Imagine yourself!
Sound :- Sharp offers 5W X2 Speakers while VU offers 7W X2 speakers. -Notable point!
HDMI Ports :- Sharp offers 1 only while VU offers 3. -You are Intelligent!
USB Ports :- Sharp offers 1 only while VU offers 2. – Again!
VGA Port :- Sharp doesn’t offer VGA while VU offers VGA port – Negligible may be in 2014!
View Angle :- Sharp offers (176X176)while VU offers (178X178) -Almost same!
Dynamic Contrast Ratio :- 50000:1 in Sharp and 1000000:1 in VU -Hope you are intelligent!

Also please Read Reviews on Snapdeal about Both TV. It will help a lot to judge best between two.

A small comparison in the end.
http://tech.firstpost.com/product/compare-telev…

About VU LED Screen:-
http://tech.firstpost.com/reviews/vu-40k21-revi…

Still if Sharp is better, I can’t comment more!
I’m again saying that taste differs from person to person. Might be you like Sharp or VU. It’s a personal taste and preference.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
gkanagavel wrote:

I ordered using Ebay.
Received TV,
BUT NO REMOTE, MAUAL AND WARRANTY CARD……… (NAMED ACCESSORIES KIT)

Called seller. He said he will send…………

But till today not received….

who was the ebay seller? was it vu_technologies_private_limited??

Reason why I am asking is, they have a 32" listed on ebay at 17,874 (-500 ebay coupon) which appears to be lesser than HS18 plus expired coupon (-1500)…
http://www.ebay.in/itm/Vu-32-inch-HD-LED-TV-Mod…

I am looking to buy a budget mid size LED.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
shh.killer wrote:

Still waiting for Wall Mount guy to show up ..

that a.. will only come or call when i am not around ..

For getting extended warranty for 2 year you need to pay 10% of the Invoice .

So total warranty is : 1+ 2 years.

Did you got it wall mounted? Do they charge for the same? Do you get the wall moount stand with the TV or the installation guy brings it like for others?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
deeceeds wrote:

Did you got it wall mounted? Do they charge for the same? Do you get the wall moount stand with the TV or the installation guy brings it like for others?

stand comes with the tv.if wall mounted within one month of purchase there wouldn’t be any charge

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
promoking wrote:

akshanu0507850 wrote:

VU is also manafactured in Japan and assembled in Taiwan, Designs are made in California – this is what I got to know from VU Sales representative.
A small comparison:-

Still if Sharp is better, I can’t comment more!
I’m again saying that taste differs from person to person. Might be you like Sharp or VU. It’s a personal taste and preference.

VU is being imported from china whereas sharp from malaysia. don’t beleive sales representative. they say same model is being sold in USA, whereas asfaik VU TV’s are not being sold in US at all.

replyuser
Click here to reply