Hey guys, here’s my review of Samsung Galaxy Nexus(White) after using it for around 3 weeks!
I purchased it from an offline mumbai seller for Rs. 24,000 TBH. He’s my friend for 5 years now. I needed to purchase nexus on which i will not get warranty from anyone but he assured me that he’ll fix any issue if i get within a year
1. Stock android experience (no bloatware) which is better than touchwiz imo.
2. Fast boot compared to other devices.
3. Multitasking works like magic.
4. Batter life was better than expected… after using it for full day it showed 18% battery left!
5. 4.65 inch SAmoled screen. As i said…love the screen size and pixel density 720p screen which is obviously better than 800 X 480 of S2. I’m comparing this to S2 because of the same price range.
6. On screen buttons are better because while playing a video it’ll stretch!
7. Slickest device with curved design. Fits and feels good in the hands. Light weight!
8. Fancy LED Notification Light.
9. 1GB of RAM and NFC
10. Android 4.1 Jellybean
11. Inexpensive according to the features!
12. Hardware acceleration, 1080p recording at 30 fps, zero shutter lag
13. Top notch developer support and google support!
14. 1.2 ghz TI OMAP dual core processor with good graphics PowerVR SGX540
15. The screen of the Galaxy nexus 1280 X 720 i.e 720p (316 ppi) is close to the retina display of iPhone (320 ppi) and better than S2 (217 ppi)
16. Features like Google Now, Google Maps, Navigation(GPS) etc are inbuilt and works awesomely well.
1. I got the yakjuxw build which is maintained by samsung which did not gave update to jelly bean yet.. So, I had to flash it to get Jelly Bean on my handset. I was easy though
2. No sd card slot…but you have dropbox, skydrive, box etc to store your pics and all. But not having micro SD expansion is a disadvantage!
3. Not the best camera, just 5 MP…but it is fine for me. I can tell you the amount of megapixels has little to do with sharpness and overall image quality. Image quality has more to do with the sensor design and lens. Its good enough compared to its competition S2 but not the iPhone
4. Battery life is just mediocre.. its not very good!
5. Charging I’ve noticed is very slow on this device. Maybe I’m wrong!
6. No Manufacturer Warranty. But the seller is my friend and has committed to solve the issues(if any) for an year! So far, no complaints..
Here are some pics (Sorry for the bad quality images, Playbook camera sucks)
Here’s a video review. Playing with this device is fun. See for your self, stock android is better and lighter than touchwiz any day.