Hot Deal

2023 | Happy Ugadi | Gudi Parwa | Indian National New Year | Chaitra Navratri

588°
Analyst
quantum

Happy Ugadi | Gudi Parwa | Indian New Year | Chaitra Navratri २०२३ 

Ugadi or Yugadi is celebrated as the first day of the year by people of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka. On this day new Samvatsara, which is cycle of sixty years, starts. All sixty Samvatsara are identified by unique name.

Same day, Gudi Padwa by the people of Maharashtra. Both Ugadi and Gudi Padwa are celebrated on the same day.

Gudi Padwa and Ugadi is new year according to Luni-Solar calendar. Luni-Solar calendars consider the position of the Moon and the position of the Sun to divide the year into months and days. The counter-part of Luni-Solar calendar is Solar calendar which considers only position of the Sun to divide the year into months and days. Because of that Hindu new year is celebrated twice in the year with different names and at two different times of the year. The Hindu new year based on Solar calendar is known as Puthandu in Tamil Nadu, Bihu in Assam, Vaisakhi in Punjab, Pana Sankranti in Orissa and Naba Barsha in West Bengal. [ref]

The day begins with ritual oil-bath followed by prayers. Oil bath and eating Neem leaves are must rituals suggested by scriptures. North Indians don't celebrate Ugadi but start nine days Chaitra Navratri Puja on the same day and also eat Neem with Mishri on the very first day of Navratri. Ghatasthapana is one of the significant rituals during Navratri. It marks the beginning of nine days festivity. Our scriptures have well defined rules and guidelines to perform Ghatasthapana during a certain period of time at the beginning of Navratri. [ref]

Wish you Happy Saka New Year 1944 | National New Year of India [ref: https://knowindia.india.gov.in/national-identit... ]

Vikram Samvat [विक्रम संवत् २०८०] की मंगल शुभकामनाएं ! [T- best wishes]

quantumclicks

Expired
13 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Happy ugadi to all

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

images
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

ఉగాది శుభకాంక్షలు 

Good information OP.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Happy Ugadi to everyone smile

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied
न त्वहम् कामये राज्यम् न स्वर्गम् न पुनर्भवम्।
कामये दु:खतप्तानम् प्राणिनामार्तिनाशनम्।।

న త్వహం కామయే రాజ్యం న స్వర్గం న పునర్భవం
కామయే ధుఃఖతప్తానం ప్రాణినామార్తినాశనం

T: Neither do I wish for a kingdom, nor do I want heaven, nor do I want rebirth. I want the power to destroy the pain of the living beings who are burning in sorrow.
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Happy ugadi guys and girls

Community Angel Community Angel
Admin
Link Copied

Happy Ugadi everyone.   

91648731342193-happy-ugadi

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Happy Ugadi everyone

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Happy Ugadi Everyone - Happy National New Year

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Happy ugadi

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Happy Ugadi | Gudi Parwa | Indian New Year | Chaitra Navratri २०२३ 

Budding Star Budding Star
Link Copied

Happy Ugadi..Gudi padwa!!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

సభ్యులకు శ్రీ శోభ కృత్ నామ సంవత్సర ఉగాది శుభాకాంక్షలు.

replyuser
Click here to reply