4 year+ Phone replacement options

51°
Deal Cadet
114
638
38

I have been using a Galaxy S8+ since early 2017. While it still performs well (I don’t use it for mobile gaming),bit by bit, it has started to struggle,  and has a woeful battery life, which is only getting worse.

The smartphone market being crowded, I’d alleviate if I could be advised on which mobile i ought to purchase.

Some specific requirements -
1. Should be flagship or close to flagship specs
2. Reasonably large battery
3. Should’ve been relased in 2021
4. Should have expandable memory (slightly relaxable)
5. Not an iPhone, not Samsung S or Note flagships (S4 and S8+ was quite enough patronage – poor battery), not Moto or Lenovo.

Don’t care about gaming performance or camera versatility.

Some thoughts were 1+ or iqoo, but I’ll be glad if i have other options. Thanks.

14 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
114
638
38
PKMKB wrote:

Mi 11 ultra

I checked Mi 11 ultra, but they keep touting their camera as the main selling point, which i’ve no use for. There’s also a ton of bloatware on their phones. However, it is definitely a strong contender. I wonder how well it stacks up against 1+9 or iqoo

113
2435
46

Mi Ultra is the one. Am also in similar boat, have been using Huawei 20x for past 3 years and now have decided to upgrade and Ultra is my primary choice. Have gone thru many reviews and unanimously all agree it is the phone to beat now, in all parameters. Ad/bloatware is apparently big negative but will flash some other ROM.

Other option for me is Galaxy Fold but price is holding me back

136
1846
26
cashif wrote:

Mi Ultra is the one. Am also in similar boat, have been using Huawei 20x for past 3 years and now have decided to upgrade and Ultra is my primary choice. Have gone thru many reviews and unanimously all agree it is the phone to beat now, in all parameters. Ad/bloatware is apparently big negative but will flash some other ROM.

Other option for me is Galaxy Fold but price is holding me back

Fold this year is coming with underdisplay camera & Spen support.

114
638
38
Expand
PKMKB wrote:

Fold this year is coming with underdisplay camera & Spen support.

And will have a price to match. I’m wary of Samsung phones now because the battery just drops off a cliff after 3 years or so.

114
638
38
cashif wrote:

Mi Ultra is the one. Am also in similar boat, have been using Huawei 20x for past 3 years and now have decided to upgrade and Ultra is my primary choice. Have gone thru many reviews and unanimously all agree it is the phone to beat now, in all parameters. Ad/bloatware is apparently big negative but will flash some other ROM.

Other option for me is Galaxy Fold but price is holding me back

How does Mi 11 fare against 1+ 9 or iqoo phones?

301
7477
181
Expand
starbearer wrote:

And will have a price to match. I’m wary of Samsung phones now because the battery just drops off a cliff after 3 years or so.

That’s expected. Once battery health falls below 80% it goes downhill rapidly thereafter. You could probably replace the battery at authorised Samsung service centers. But Samsung has recently stopped security updates for S8. There are fair few custom ROMs available including an A11 one which is a work in progress for now.

114
638
38
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

That’s expected. Once battery health falls below 80% it goes downhill rapidly thereafter. You could probably replace the battery at authorised Samsung service centers. But Samsung has recently stopped security updates for S8. There are fair few custom ROMs available including an A11 which is work in progress for now.

Yes, I read the news on updates being stopped for the S8 series. I’ll use custom ROM on that. But i do not wish to invest in a battery for a 4 year old phone. Hence hunting for a new one.

88
843
6
Expand
starbearer wrote:

Which 1+, 9 probably, but which variant is better?

9r to 9 pro , jitna kharch kroge utna accha milga…8 pro mil jaye to vo bhi accha haii…😇

270
3686
21

sd 888 has heating issues.
Go for an sd 870 phone. It would be enough for you.
iqoo 7, mi 11x, vivo x60

51
200
2

Any phone you buy.. Expected average life is 2 years… After that you will start getting some kind of issues…

114
638
38
MrDimer wrote:

sd 888 has heating issues.
Go for an sd 870 phone. It would be enough for you.
iqoo 7, mi 11x, vivo x60

Any clinching argument for choosing one among this bunch?

Missing