Airtel Recharge query ??

49°
Missing
Deal Cadet

I want to recharge my airtel number on 1st january for the whole year which is around 2398 And after that i will do recharge for 1000 for normal talktime which required to call banks and customer care so should i go ahead with it or port my number to some other operator ?? and please suggest any offers??

11 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Lieutenant

tariff already hiked. why 1 year recharge?

Missing
Deal Cadet
Imharsh wrote:

tariff already hiked. why 1 year recharge?

I want to do it at once so tht i dont have to recharge again and again after 3 months what do you suggest ?

Missing
Deal Subedar

Recharging frequently certainly is a headache but gives much better deal with regular offers from amazon, niki, Mobikwik etc.

Missing
Critic

2398 plan already gives UL calls & data so why the extra 1000 recharge. Also there is 1498 plan which gives UL calls but only 24GB data for 365 days.

Missing
Deal Newbie
guest_999 wrote:

2398 plan already gives UL calls & data so why the extra 1000 recharge. Also there is 1498 plan which gives UL calls but only 24GB data for 365 days.

Like he mentioned, to call banks you need separate balance as most of them are starting with 1860, those days are gone when banks use to have toll free 1800 Number.

Missing
Critic
Expand
rgvthefactory220 wrote:

Like he mentioned, to call banks you need separate balance as most of them are starting with 1860, those days are gone when banks use to have toll free 1800 Number.

?? I know 1860 series is not toll free like 1800 but both these plans give UL calls so why the need for extra balance.

Missing
Deal Newbie

From my experience,
After every 3 to 6 months,
I call credit card companies to update my number. I can’t make a call for 1860 number even if I have an unlimited pack.

It was easier when they have toll free numbers.

Some banks still have the alternate number for example SBI 022-43xxxxxx something, those calls can be made from unlimited balance but not the 1860 number.

Missing
Deal Newbie

Anyhow, it depends on various factors like city, area, floor. Because based on your experience from all the places you travel day to day.

For me it’s Jio,
It is ruling at present and it is the future too…

But there are complaints on Jio too, as some areas may have less coverage.

Plus, Airtel and voda-idea are experts in deducting balance in one way or other. So don’t put 1000 balance at risk.

And if your daily data is completed, 1000 will be deducted just like that for downloading a small file.

Ofcourse, you can switch off that feature.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

?? I know 1860 series is not toll free like 1800 but both these plans give UL calls so why the need for extra balance.

Bro call won’t connect to banks customer care without regular balance all the calls to banks are chargeable .

Missing
Critic
rgvthefactory220 wrote:

From my experience,
After every 3 to 6 months,
I call credit card companies to update my number. I can’t make a call for 1860 number even if I have an unlimited pack.

It was easier when they have toll free numbers.

Some banks still have the alternate number for example SBI 022-43xxxxxx something, those calls can be made from unlimited balance but not the 1860 number.

Didn’t know this as I have not used UL packs+1860 call till now.

Missing
Critic
Expand
Dealcharmer wrote:

Bro call won’t connect to banks customer care without regular balance all the calls to banks are chargeable .

They should mention this then in some note below their UL plans like other details.I only found it here today.

Missing