Airtel sim suddenly stopped working

188°
Deal Cadet
dimer_

One of my airtel sim suddenly stopped working. No signal and sim is dead. Applied for new sim with same number but it keeps getting rejected with “photo not matching error”. Already tried thrice and even updated photo in aadhar card for this but still not able to get the sim. Sim has 1 year recharge and 650 rs balance as well. Any suggestions to get the same number with existing recharges and balance.

32 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Tried airtel main store? They can only help don't third party

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Tried in airtel main store only bro
Cool Cool
Link Copied

Once a Chortel always a Chortel.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Do it offline. Go to a local mobile shop and ask them to exchange your old sim for a new one. It'll probably cost you 50-100 rs

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Already tried bro, they took 100 rs for that. Sim will have signal for few minutes and then it will go permanently. Airtel store is telling that they are getting photo not matching error. i am giving same proof only with which intially took the sim.
View 2 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Typical Airtel fraud of extracting money .. leave airtel and use any other operator .

https://www.siliconindia.com/shownews/innocent-...

techie from Bangalore has sued Airtel for 20 crores. Airtel had given wrong information to the police which forced the techie to go to jail

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Similar stuff happened i.e. "airtel sim suddenly stopped working. No signal and sim is dead." Went to Airtel store and got a replacement sim. Everything is fine now.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Initially thought proof issue, that’s why updated aadhar card pic but still didn’t work. Thinking of changing it to postpaid directly with some other proof as last hope but will loose balance in that case.

View 2 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Ask if trai can help after nodal

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

You sure it's not your handset? It's a very weird issue of its suddenly ceasing to work

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Tried another airtel sim that is working fine in that phone

Generous Generous
Link Copied
Airtel sim suddenly stopped working

same here , tried another handset .. same not working ... will visit airtel stores tmmrw .

Generous Generous
Link Copied

some mass level scam ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@xipinjing Not sure what does that error means. but they told aadhar is more than 10 years old last updated, you can update photo in aadhar card and try again but that also didn’t work. For prepaid sim, we have to give same proof which was given while taking sim. Airtel store guys can only see initials of name of that proof, based on that only i have given proof. In my case also, they are punching in aadhar number and taking photo only not working. And airtel stores guys are relatives only, don’t think they will make fool out of this. Also checked with airtel customer care for this, they are telling you can port to postpaid and you will have recharge amount adjusted in postpaid bill but will loose main account balance that will not be adjusted

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Jio Port

No Old IDs KYc required

New One required

Can change ownership too

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Will loose balance and recharge amount both in that case. Also jio doesn’t have good coverage in my area

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@xipinjing Only signal will be there for few minutes, in actual sim won’t work in those minutes also.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will check out portals for raising complaints if it is not fixed. Before that will try once over weekend in some other city airtel store.

For migrating it to postpaid, that i am sure recharge amount gets adjusted in postpaid bill, have done that in past.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is some kind of scam. This happened with my 2 of family members with Jio sim.

Reason later got to know from what they are saying is some taxes needs to be paid which are due.

Local mobile shopper person charged around Rs.2500. Now sim is working fine.

If you ask customer care they are not uttering word related to tax as this is already included in recharge. Customer care is saying that someone has blocked your sim from My Jio. No one can block your sim except you is what they are saying.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied
Your case is defintely a fraud. Somebody has access to your email or sms or password for logging on to your MyJio account. May be the local mobile shop itself is the culprit. No payments should be made to any Jio agent directly. You could have logged on to your MyJio app using wifi and checked/unblocked the SIM 
View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

If all in vain, then port to retain number.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

my Aeronpay Kyc failed as my realtime face not matching with the face of mine in Adhaar. Its really intriguing, they should enable biometric finger print verification to avoid these issues.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

there was 3 hrs wait time @ airtel store ...i ran away like a rabid dog .

How can they expect a parenting mother to wait for 3 hrs leaving her 1 year old child .

better luck next time . 

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

I guess photo is not matching with Airtel record. Because if issue in Aadhaar then kyc will not be complete 

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Based on my experience with airtel over last 12 years, airtel deliberately does something over the air which fries the SIM every 2 years or so. This way, they get updated kyc and also earn money.

I also have Vi, Jio and BSNL sim but this issue is specific to airtel. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Sim was very old and kyc is incorrect it seems. Only name is correct, rest everything is incorrect (father’s name, dob). That’s why not able to take sim with old proof. Sim distributor might have done some mistake while issuing the sim initially. No options other than porting to postpaid. 

replyuser
Click here to reply