Hot Deal

Alert on 57575022

578°
Brand Enthusiast
playdime

Nothing to panic , but a caution note. Amazon sends alerts from this number.

I have few subscribe and save on amazon running for quite sometime and i decided to cancel them as i see the price is nolonger competitive. On that dreadful day of 19th oct,2022 i sat and cancelled each of them for which amazon sent email and SMS from above said number. I was checking each SMS and below comes an option OK & CANCEL. i clicked on OK for each sms and boom it goes and when my airtel postpaid bill got generated on 21st oct, each SMS was charged 3 rs each stating its special number.:(. 

I like ohhh.. GOD trapped. So just be cautious with them and dont take any action as the s&s will anyway be cancelled without our promptng once we cancel on amazon.

Not sure if its airtel trap.

Expired
13 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
  • Sort By
Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

This is when I feel Jio has done it right. SMS is free even on so called Special number.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Even on postpaid ?
View 6 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
But why we need to reply to that sms when things were cancelled on app/site. Not getting the logic
Brand Enthusiast Brand Enthusiast
Link Copied
When you open SMS there will be popup comingup with Ok & cacel, if you accidentally press ok or cancel then i think it internally sends ack. msg, hence we will be charged. As you said, we dont need to take any action on that sms. Also noticed that not all SMSs will popup such action buttons and only specific SMSs will popup.
View 2 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

dekhiye ham jo order kiye the wo isi no. se msg aaya tha ab mujhe return karna h kyuki saman wo nahi aaya jo ham order kiye par kese kare pata nahi chal raha hkya aap help karenge

replyuser
Click here to reply