Amazon pay credit card -ve reward points

204°
Deal Subedar
InvestPotato

Hi, For the bill month Jan I have not received the Amazon Rewards and the points mentioned in the statement is mentioned as -ve 515.

Is my card blocked for any rewards?

I recently used to buy 10k-20k worth of amazon gift card via intermiles and then paid insurance for rest of the amount in amazon pay.

Expired
26 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

They are adjusting excess rewards credit now.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

they are ready to close your card and they are not listening if you say anything …
they will block your card and would not give any rewards..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
esakkiraja wrote:

They are adjusting excess rewards credit now.

Adjusting excess rewards for what?

I did not buy amazon gift cards from amazon directly as far as i remember.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Sangwari wrote:

they are ready to close your card and they are not listening if you say anything …
they will block your card and would not give any rewards..

Is it just me or its happening for you too?

What do you mean by excess.

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
Expand
InvestPotato wrote:

Is it just me or its happening for you too?

What do you mean by excess.

For insurance you might have received 5% earlier instead of 2

Spearhead Spearhead
Link Copied

In December After Statement Generated,


Did U Convert EMI…?

Did U Get Any Refunds Back To Credit Card…?


If Yes They Have Adjusted In Jan Statement.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
UnderNation wrote:

In December After Statement Generated,


Did U Convert EMI…?

Did U Get Any Refunds Back To Credit Card…?


If Yes They Have Adjusted In Jan Statement.

Dec statement I paid insurance + 10-15 intermiles gift card.

Let me calculate the amount I should receive vs i received.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

There’s no transparency in the reward point system of Amazon ICICI card. Flipkart Axis is far better where they clearly show the cashback earned for each and every transaction. For Amazon Pay ICICI card the reward points/cashback is always random and does not make any sense.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Same thing happened with me and as per them(bank) they had given some extra points in Dec month and now they are adjusting those

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
happy_go_lucky wrote:

There’s no transparency in the reward point system of Amazon ICICI card. Flipkart Axis is far better where they clearly show the cashback earned for each and every transaction. For Amazon Pay ICICI card the reward points/cashback is always random and does not make any sense.

Amazon offer team is shit….always doing 3rd class calculation….shit type TC ….

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
avgn wrote:

For insurance you might have received 5% earlier instead of 2

It looks like indeed i received 5% on insurance payment.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I am trying to do exact matching but some amount 10-15 diff still remains.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Able to do the exact calculation.

Looks like I was awarded 5% instead of 2% for dec for insurance and in jan it turned out to be -ve because of bill of only 2-3k

Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied
InvestPotato wrote:

I am trying to do exact matching but some amount 10-15 diff still remains.

You have to add all transactions separately. You cant take 2/5% on whole amount as there will be rounding down in each txn

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
caks2006407 wrote:

Wrong section BTW

Just saw, Heart attack caused me to create in this section.
@bumblefoot moved to right forum, sorry you should not expect this from subedar

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
avgn wrote:

You have to add all transactions separately. You cant take 2/5% on whole amount as there will be rounding down in each txn

Yes 5% was causing some rounding problem.
With calc i was able to see correctly, all was due to insurance.
KG+

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Dimers question – How to cancel the credit card and apply again FULL PROOF METHOD stuck_out_tongue smile smile

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
InvestPotato wrote:

Just saw, Heart attack caused me to create in this section.
@bumblefoot moved to right forum, sorry you should not expect this from subedar

To some extent same reaction after seeing the topic in HD, I thought there is some bad news about ApayICICI
U can post ur entries we will help u calculate CB

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
happy_go_lucky wrote:

There’s no transparency in the reward point system of Amazon ICICI card. Flipkart Axis is far better where they clearly show the cashback earned for each and every transaction. For Amazon Pay ICICI card the reward points/cashback is always random and does not make any sense.

You can check reward point earned in imobile pay app for each transaction under last 30 days transaction

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

To some extent same reaction after seeing the topic in HD, I thought there is some bad news about ApayICICI
U can post ur entries we will help u calculate CB

Already done.

I was not rounding off.

Indeed it was insurance payment.

Got 5% in Dec, Adjusted to 2% in Jan

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Thanks every one for the help.

I thought i killed by golden goose but there is nothing wrong.

Even i buy gift card using credit card only from intermiles because ICICI bank will most probably treat it as a flight booking as mentioned in the statement so less chance of blockage. Also it was my first time doing it.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

But why are they giving 5% for insurance bills and then adjusting it in next months rewards. Random logic. Many will think that they did not get any rewards for that month at all. They could have given 2% only in the start

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
undertaker007 wrote:

You can check reward point earned in imobile pay app for each transaction under last 30 days transaction

imobile app still showing wrong rewards as 5% for bill payments.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
sri222 wrote:

imobile app still showing wrong rewards as 5% for bill payments.

Oh ok. Sorry bro, recently I didn’t do any bill payments or bought any gvs in Amazon using Amazon Icici card.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

And Now you know why they are giving lifetime free cc

Missing