Any alternative For Google Authenticator App?

68°
Deal Hunter
218
2886
38

Google Authenticator App is Good but If we lose our device so we have to set a army again. Is there any app in Play store available with same features and have sync option.Please help us.

9 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
181
4797
139
avion wrote:

Google Authenticator App is Good but If we lose our device so we have to set a army again. Is there any app in Play store available with same features and have sync option.Please help us.

There are many 2FA apps with sync feature but it’s a security risk to sync the 2FA data on cloud. Instead use a opensource app with encrypted backup feature and fingerprint unlock like AndOTP.

These apps have sync.

TOTP Authenticator
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

Authy 2-Factor Authentication
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

LastPass Authenticator
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

Yubico Authenticator
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

Bitwarden Password Manager
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

218
2886
38
Expand
Roushh wrote:

There are many 2FA apps with sync feature but it’s a security risk to sync the 2FA data on cloud. Instead use a opensource app with encrypted backup feature like AndOTP.

TOTP Authenticator has cloud sync
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=c...

10k+ Download and 331 review 4.4 review. Is it secure have you used this app now ? .If you are using it now tell me . I am asking because only 10k download. But Andotp has 50k+ download with 4.7 rating only 571 review . So which is good as per you and what you are using currently

181
4797
139
Expand
avion wrote:

10k+ Download and 331 review 4.4 review. Is it secure have you used this app now ? .If you are using it now tell me . I am asking because only 10k download. But Andotp has 50k+ download with 4.7 rating only 571 review . So which is good as per you and what you are using currently

I have provided 5 apps. I haven’t used them all so I can’t say if they are secure or not. Most of them are closed source so we don’t know how they work. Also, most of these apps store backup on their own cloud so it’s a possible security risk.

I did some research and found AndOTP best for my need. And that;s what I have been using. It does not have sync feature but we can make encrypted backups.

218
2886
38
Expand
Roushh wrote:

I have provided 5 apps. I haven’t used them all so I can’t say if they are secure or not. Most of them are closed source so we don’t know how they work. Also, most of these apps store backup on their own cloud so it’s a possible security risk.

I did some research and found AndOTP best for my need. And that;s what I have been using.

Ok I am shifting to Andotp From Today Thanks you for your time. And Kg+ in kg mistakenly write OneOtp instead of Andotp Please pardon me for spelling mistake.

50
20
0

You can buy a physical totp generator. Theoretically, having one of these on the cloud defeats the purpose of 2fa, but that’s only if someone is able to snoop in on your credentials

195
3338
21

Using Microsoft authenticator app with backup feature

50
20
0

You can try either Authy or Microsoft Authenticator

91
170
3

Duo Mobile or microsoft authenticator

Missing