Can any oneplus 6 or 6T user confirm this?

42°
Missing
Deal Subedar
1,108
2865
19

After updating my oneplus 6T to android 10, it started showing an app named as -5 which only appears after using hotspot. Looks like system app but a weird name. Cannot even find it in apps section, checked both system as well as user apps. Only shown in battery consumption menu.https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/597785/original/1575731295664.jpg?1575761423

9 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
22
504
25

try doing a soft reboot

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,108
2865
19
DJBRIGHT wrote:

try doing a soft reboot

Already did that, this is the icon for hotspot it seems. Complained to oneplus. They are looking into it.

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
277
1

I checked this on 6T which is on Oxygen OS 10.3 and I could not find anything like this..
I updated from Android Pie via OTA to 10.3 recently, I did not get those 10.1 updates..

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,108
2865
19
wackophant wrote:

I checked this on 6T which is on Oxygen OS 10.3 and I could not find anything like this..
I updated from Android Pie via OTA to 10.3 recently, I did not get those 10.1 updates..

Use hotspot for half an hour or like that. And then check.

Missing
Community Angel
67
4240
49
wackophant wrote:

I checked this on 6T which is on Oxygen OS 10.3 and I could not find anything like this..
I updated from Android Pie via OTA to 10.3 recently, I did not get those 10.1 updates..

What is OTA ?

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
277
1
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

What is OTA ?

Over The Air updates, which we normally get notification of updates or when we check for system updates from settings.. (I mentioned this explicitly coz, I know few OnePlus users update by sideloading or using VPN etc for faster updates)

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
277
1
Expand
Alexios wrote:

Use hotspot for half an hour or like that. And then check.

Sorry for late reply, I checked this today, After using Hotspot for 10-15 minutes this (-5 app) appeared in Battery usage stats.

Missing
Deal Subedar
1,108
2865
19
Expand
wackophant wrote:

Sorry for late reply, I checked this today, After using Hotspot for 10-15 minutes this (-5 app) appeared in Battery usage stats.

Yes thanks for the confirmation. Even oneplus developer don’t have the reply why hotspot is disguised as (-5)

Missing