Asian Paints Apex - Manual Color Mixing Query

152°
Entertainer
Budhe-Baba

I am painting my walls with Apex paint. And already purchased this base white paint:

https://www.asianpaints.com/products/paints-and...


Now I want to make some amount of Grey color out of this for 1 room walls only (rest will be kept white). Since I cannot do a machine mixing because base white color already purchased, I think the only way now is to buy a separate tube and mix manually. I heard I have to buy a black tube and then mix it to generate grey. But I also heard that manual mixing of dark colors might be a bad idea.

Any idea how to do this mixing and will it turn out fine? Or will there be some issues in manual mixing?

Expired
29 Comments  |  
17 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

take it back to shop he will take extra for colour difference. It can be done even after purchase. 

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied

Ek alag se thread bana lo baba. Pura takleef usi me likh do. pray

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
jambui wrote:

take it back to shop he will take extra for colour difference. It can be done even after purchase. 

not possible because 70% of this 10L will be kept white only. Only 1 room walls to be colored grey (by mixing black tube).

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

The “strainer” can be added manually too, without any problem.

Very minor variations than the shade card might hapoen, based on temperature and the application process.

Although amatuers too can apply.

The prepping and technicalities of water based versus emulsion, polymer based paints is better handled by professional worker.

To a finicy eye, uneven surfaces or not properly prepared putty, direct application or not letting the primer cure and applying paint unevenly would come across as an eyesore.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

‏‏Apex Ultima is water based (but modified emulsion) and if applied by brush (as opposed to roller sponge) the coverage for single coat might range between 100-130 square feet per litre.

Double coat might be 55-65 square feet per litre.

But these estimates are for external walls and normal surface (without the kind of issues you have on your internal walls).

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

The warranty would only be honoured if they think that application was as per prescribed norms.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

Usually 400-450ml water is added per litre of paint.

And 4½-5 hours drying time after first coat, before applying second coat.

But all this is highly subjective and most of it is to do with the surface prep and style of application. ‏‏

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Only 1 room walls to be colored grey (by mixing black tube).

Have you ever done this before or have experience of observing it being done?

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

Please check with the dealer.

See the reference videos posted above.

Obviously the strainer input will always be with reference to the amount of paint it is meant for.

‏‏‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

Out of the 10L, the required quantity would need to be transferred to a separate container

be it for the computerised addition of strainer or manually adding it.‏‏

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied

AC service ho rahaa hai, Kitchen ka darwaaja aur exhaust fan theek ho raha hai, Wall pe putty bhar ke APEX karaya jaa rahaa hai, puraani Kadhai ko ghis ghis ke nayaa kiya jaa rahaa hai, latest Bollywood songs & Ghazalein suni jaa rahi hein, home made Popcorn khaaye jaa rahe hein, Mach 3 razor se clean shave ho rahi hai, pet mein gaye hue baalon ko nikaalne ki yogna taiyaar ki jaa rahi hai, Vi ke jaldi jaldi recharge ho rahe hein, Arthritis aur Knee pain ka khaas dhyaan rakha ja rahaa hai, Credit card pe bhi kharche ho rahe hein….

Guys! I am telling you, Babaji is onto something (or someone) new

Aur haan, Jockey ki bhi lagataar thread aa rahi hai. Kuch toh hulchul ho rahi hai bhayankar waali, koi toh pata karo 😀😅


Royal Challengers Bangalore Royal Challengers Bangalore
Link Copied
saucap wrote:

AC service ho rahaa hai, Kitchen ka darwaaja aur exhaust fan theek ho raha hai, Wall pe putty bhar ke APEX karaya jaa rahaa hai, puraani Kadhai ko ghis ghis ke nayaa kiya jaa rahaa hai, latest Bollywood songs & Ghazalein suni jaa rahi hein, home made Popcorn khaaye jaa rahe hein, Mach 3 razor se clean shave ho rahi hai, pet mein gaye hue baalon ko nikaalne ki yogna taiyaar ki jaa rahi hai, Vi ke jaldi jaldi recharge ho rahe hein, Arthritis aur Knee pain ka khaas dhyaan rakha ja rahaa hai, Credit card pe bhi kharche ho rahe hein….

Guys! I am telling you, Babaji is onto something (or someone) new

Aur haan, Jockey ki bhi lagataar thread aa rahi hai. Kuch toh hulchul ho rahi hai bhayankar waali, koi toh pata karo 😀😅


M bhi aisa hi kuch likhne ki soch rha tha but mujhe sabd hi nhi mile… speak_no_evil

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

go to local shop…they will add.

or else buy one ltr more grey paint.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

you can ask your painter to mix black stainer in apex. You will need to mix large quantity of black stainer if you require darker shade. If you require darker shade then buy 1 or 2 liter of paint as per requirement of shade as it cost less instead of stainer. 

Dimer Of The Year 2014 Dimer Of The Year 2014
Link Copied
saucap wrote:

AC service ho rahaa hai, Kitchen ka darwaaja aur exhaust fan theek ho raha hai, Wall pe putty bhar ke APEX karaya jaa rahaa hai, puraani Kadhai ko ghis ghis ke nayaa kiya jaa rahaa hai, latest Bollywood songs & Ghazalein suni jaa rahi hein, home made Popcorn khaaye jaa rahe hein, Mach 3 razor se clean shave ho rahi hai, pet mein gaye hue baalon ko nikaalne ki yogna taiyaar ki jaa rahi hai, Vi ke jaldi jaldi recharge ho rahe hein, Arthritis aur Knee pain ka khaas dhyaan rakha ja rahaa hai, Credit card pe bhi kharche ho rahe hein….

Guys! I am telling you, Babaji is onto something (or someone) new

Aur haan, Jockey ki bhi lagataar thread aa rahi hai. Kuch toh hulchul ho rahi hai bhayankar waali, koi toh pata karo 😀😅


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/759610/original/bayko.png?1649950107

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

We got our house painted and colour mixing was done manually by workers … First make in a small quantity in seperate bucket and few drops only ….
Check in leaflet what colour u will need and check the tone of thecolor from there

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
mohanlal.tps wrote:

The “strainer” can be added manually too, without any problem.

Very minor variations than the shade card might hapoen, based on temperature and the application process.

Although amatuers too can apply.

The prepping and technicalities of water based versus emulsion, polymer based paints is better handled by professional worker.

To a finicy eye, uneven surfaces or not properly prepared putty, direct application or not letting the primer cure and applying paint unevenly would come across as an eyesore.

‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‏‏
‎ ‏‏‎‏‏‎ 

‏‏Apex Ultima is water based (but modified emulsion) and if applied by brush (as opposed to roller sponge) the coverage for single coat might range between 100-130 square feet per litre.

Double coat might be 55-65 square feet per litre.

But these estimates are for external walls and normal surface (without the kind of issues you have on your internal walls).

  1. How do I know if I need Primer or not?
  2. My wall finish is coming out very uneven with Putty base, not sure how to rectify that. Should I use brush instead of Roller? Only 1 old man is my labor – maybe his hands are uneven 😥
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Do you guys know any affordable painter in South West Delhi.. Basically Munirka, I am planning to get me flat done?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
vishyvish1420 wrote:

Do you guys know any affordable painter in South West Delhi.. Basically Munirka, I am planning to get me flat done?

may be ask as a separate topic or enquire in the neighbourhood.

And good experience of one customer, need not slways mean that others too would have..

so one still has to put in DueD

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
tgsdd wrote:

you can ask your painter to mix black stainer in apex. You will need to mix large quantity of black stainer if you require darker shade. If you require darker shade then buy 1 or 2 liter of paint as per requirement of shade as it cost less instead of stainer. 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/759720/original/bedroom-renovation-1_1_.jpg?1649997473


This type of light grey I need. I calculated wall area to be 500 sqft (50 ft length x 10 ft high). So I think I will need around 5L grey paint for 2 coat.

Labor said that only 50gm Black tube is enough for making this light grey paint. Is that correct?

Also 4L paint costs 1.5K and 1 strainer costs only 70 rupees.

CC: @popeyemask; @gauravrockz

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Also 4L pain costs 1.5K and 1 bottle strainer costs only 70 rupees.

yahain apne 🧠 ka 

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/759741/original/dahi.png?1649999512

karne ke bajaye 
agar kisi dukaandar ya wahain kisi mistri ko bol diya hota  
ki bhaiya iss dibbey mei  
main jo N litre white paint laaya hoon, isme aap phalana colour shade ka stainer mila dei 
tou ab tak grey paint lagana shuru bhi ho gaya hota aap ke breadroom mei.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/759720/original/bedroom-renovation-1_1_.jpg?1649997473


This type of light grey I need. I calculated wall area to be 500 sqft (50 ft length x 10 ft high). So I think I will need around 5L grey paint for 2 coat.

Labor said that only 50gm Black tube is enough for making this light grey paint. Is that correct?

Also 4L paint costs 1.5K and 1 strainer costs only 70 rupees.

CC: @popeyemask; @gauravrockz

Black tube Issey bi choti aati h bring that one …
If u bring 50 gm just parcel me or ur painter will take away saying bauji aap kya karoge hum le jaate h

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/759720/original/bedroom-renovation-1_1_.jpg?1649997473


This type of light grey I need. I calculated wall area to be 500 sqft (50 ft length x 10 ft high). So I think I will need around 5L grey paint for 2 coat.

Labor said that only 50gm Black tube is enough for making this light grey paint. Is that correct?

Also 4L paint costs 1.5K and 1 strainer costs only 70 rupees.

CC: @popeyemask; @gauravrockz

As shade is dark atleast 2-3 stainers would be used. If you are visiting the paint shop you can ask him to check in colour bank computer for estimate of stainer for this shade if the shopkeeper is not too greedy he will tell you fair amount. 

You can also ask him about the quantity of stainer that he would add for the shade.

Actually there are different base colours which are used for different shades. Turing white into grey sometimes is tricky as you dont get desired shade quickly 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

One advice if there are spots of moisture on walls don’t use this shade you will see different shades and patches of colour on wall and it can look shabby.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
saucap wrote:

pet mein gaye hue baalon ko nikaalne ki yogna taiyaar ki jaa rahi hai

Now, I’m curious.

Entertainer Entertainer
Link Copied
tgsdd wrote:

One advice if there are spots of moisture on walls don’t use this shade you will see different shades and patches of colour on wall and it can look shabby.

Suggest a good cool, light, relaxing shade for small (10×10) bedroom please.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
Budhe-Baba wrote:

Suggest a good cool, light, relaxing shade for small (10×10) bedroom then.

Have a look on shade number L155

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
rahulmiglani wrote:

Have a look on shade number L155

How about slightly darker then, like 9516, L189.

Light enough to give the airy feel and not make the room dark, but resistant to smudges.

However I would’ve tilted more towards creamish brown or very light peach type colours.

Shades of grey or any such dull colours NO WAY.

And if stupid kids, stupid domestic helps are not there and furniture isn’t banged against walls then white is any right.

For highlighting, rather use copper coloured or such metallic highlights on some wall.

Or some bargain wallpaper, as it is only one room. Slight splurging might be okay.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied
Expand
shoaibmax wrote:

Now, I’m curious.

That topic (comments) became too NSFW to be discussed before 2300 hours.

Avoidable even after iftaari.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

8302 shade is good in Asian paint 

like steel grey

replyuser
Click here to reply
Reply