Axis Bank users - How long does it usually take to increase credit card limit

252°
Missing
Deal Subedar
128
2645
46

Summary :- (My new Axis bank Flipkart credit card has limit of 25K only and i want to increase it as soon as possible. What should i do and how long will it take to get an offer to increase card limit?)

I got a call from Axis Bank that they are offering me a Flipkart Credit Card. I didn’t have an Axis Bank savings account. So they asked me to open a savings account and apply for credit card. I applied and got the credit card with 25K limit only laughing Limits of my other Credit Cards are 3 lakh and 1.5 lakh. 25K limit is extremely low and Bank employees were telling me that i will get at least 80K limit.

I am planning to keep one FD in my axis bank account. I am assuming that limit increase offer will come in 6 months time? Am i correct in this assumption or will it take longer to get limit increase offer?

27 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Missing
Deal Lieutenant
194
4372
60

1 year – my case(AxismyZone)
Even I am facing same issue with ApayICICI where as my ICICI card has 5 times more limit
AxisFK – they gave me 5 times more than my running myZone AxisCC smile smile

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1752
16

Bro use the almost complete limit for 1-2 months and they would offer you the increase specially in cards with such low limit.

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1752
16

Secondly there is a section below credit card details in Netbanking where there is an option for limit increase. That also can be useful for you.

Missing
Deal Subedar
128
2645
46
caks2006407 wrote:

1 year – my case(AxismyZone)
Even I am facing same issue with ApayICICI where as my ICICI card has 5 times more limit
AxisFK – they gave me 5 times more than my running myZone AxisCC smile smile

Thanks for replying smile

Do you have 2 separate un-linked credits cards from both Axis and ICICI ? I thought that Apay ICICI was given as add-on card only if you already have an ICICI credit card.

I got 3 new credit cards in last 180 days. I think that is the reason for decreased limit for this card. My CIBIL score has been temporarily lowered.

Missing
Super Moderator
198
17450
323

1 year in my case: Axis myzone card.
Using since last 5-6 years.
Started with 40k limit. One year later they made it 80k. Next year 1.6L. Then 2.4L. Then 3.4L. Haven’t asked for limit enhancement since then.

Missing
Deal Subedar
128
2645
46
manish.kumar19 wrote:

Secondly there is a section below credit card details in Netbanking where there is an option for limit increase. That also can be useful for you.

Thank you smile

I saw that section in mobile banking. I will keep re-visiting that section after period of 3 months and 6 months for offers.

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1752
16
Expand
micke wrote:

Thank you smile

I saw that session in mobile banking. I will keep re-visiting that section after period of 3 months and 6 months for offers.

Welcome Bro

Missing
Deal Subedar
128
2645
46
cm4444 wrote:

1 year in my case: Axis myzone card.
Using since last 5-6 years.
Started with 40k limit. One year later they made it 80k. Next year 1.6L. Then 2.4L. Then 3.4L. Haven’t asked for limit enhancement since then.

Thank you smile This is precisely the info that i needed.

One last thing :- How did you came to know about limit increase – Through calls from customer care or self-checking the limit increase section in net banking ?

Missing
Super Moderator
198
17450
323
Expand
micke wrote:

Thank you smile This is precisely the info that i needed.

One last thing :- How did you came to know about limit increase – Through calls from customer care or self-checking the limit increase section in net banking ?

I get a limit enhancement mail and sms from them.
In email they say this is the enhanced limit being provided, click on the link to accept the enhancement offer.
In sms they say you are eligible for enhancement, open netbanking or app and there check for enhancement and accept the enhanced limit.

Missing
Deal Subedar
128
2645
46
Expand
cm4444 wrote:

I get a limit enhancement mail and sms from them.
In email they say this is the enhanced limit being provided, click on the link to accept the enhancement offer.
In sms they say you are eligible for enhancement, open netbanking or app and there check for enhancement and accept the enhanced limit.

Thank you so much smile

Missing
Critic
373
3460
47

For most banks, if you ask for a limit increase, they don’t give one. If they offer limit increase and you don’t accept, they stop giving further offers. So, wait for your offer from the bank and accept.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
39
5358
158

why was it so easy for you… i have a priority account and i am chasing them for so long without any chance of getting this card

Missing
Deal Subedar
128
2645
46
karthi4052752 wrote:

why was it so easy for you… i have a priority account and i am chasing them for so long without any chance of getting this card

I have no idea. I think the card was offered to me by Flipkart. I have a Flipkart Plus account and i use it very moderately (just 6-8 orders in a year). When i received the call from Bank, they specifically told me that i have pre-qualified offer for Flipkart Axis Bank credit card.

I got the call on Monday and they told me to open an Axis bank savings account to get the card. I was very happy but I assumed that might be a ploy. I received second call from my local branch on Tuesday morning and they said the same thing. I submitted my docs for savings account on Tuesday evening itself. My savings account was active by Thursday. I applied for card and i got credit card approval on Saturday. The whole process was super quick and easy. My latest CIBIL score is 790 only.

Missing
Community Angel
67
4151
49
Expand
micke wrote:

I have no idea. I think the card was offered to me by Flipkart. I have a Flipkart Plus account and i use it very moderately (just 6-8 orders in a year). When i received the call from Bank, they specifically told me that i have pre-qualified offer for Flipkart Axis Bank credit card.

I got the call on Monday and they told me to open an Axis bank savings account to get the card. I was very happy but I assumed that might be a ploy. I received second call from my local branch on Tuesday morning and they said the same thing. I submitted my docs for savings account on Tuesday evening itself. My savings account was active by Thursday. I applied for card and i got credit card approval on Saturday. The whole process was super quick and easy. My latest CIBIL score is 790 only.

You submitted salary slip or ITR?

Missing
Deal Subedar
128
2645
46
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

You submitted salary slip or ITR?

1 year ITR

Missing
Deal Major
7,072
23470
293

So i applied for Flipkart Axis Bank Card via FK app last week and it got approved today ( No Axis Savings Account, Haven’t Submitted ITR/Salary slip )
Wondering what will be initial limit for my card, 10k will be way too embarrassing considering the limit for other cards laughing

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
getready wrote:

So i applied for Flipkart Axis Bank Card via FK app last week and it got approved today ( No Axis Savings Account, Haven’t Submitted ITR/Salary slip )
Wondering what will be initial limit for my card, 10k will be way too embarrassing considering the limit for other cards laughing

Did you reenable your paylater service of flipkart after their change in vendor?

Missing
Deal Major
7,072
23470
293
Expand
dev007 wrote:

Did you reenable your paylater service of flipkart after their change in vendor?

No
Wanted to Enable it in december when they were offering Extra 20% coupon for BOSS Sale..but forgot :/ Now waiting for them to offer something similar again
Previously i had 12k Limit (until they paused it) and i haven’t linked/added PAN to my account

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
Expand
getready wrote:

No
Wanted to Enable it in december when they were offering Extra 20% coupon for BOSS Sale..but forgot :/ Now waiting for them to offer something similar again
Previously i had 12k Limit and i haven’t linked/added PAN to my account

That’s interesting then.
Without any of your kyc details, they offered you this card.

Let’s hope. They won’t continue with the same limit as 12k.

Missing
Deal Major
7,072
23470
293
Expand
dev007 wrote:

That’s interesting then.
Without any of your kyc details, they offered you this card.

Let’s hope. They won’t continue with the same limit as 12k.

KYC, its done now for the CC
I was told PAN + Driving license but ended up giving aadhaar as the Axis App (via KYC agent) asked for aadhaar (mandatory)

Initially they approved the card (conditionally) in 5min
KYC is done 2 days later
7 days from applied date, they approved the card today

Missing
Deal Cadet
95
634
11
getready wrote:

So i applied for Flipkart Axis Bank Card via FK app last week and it got approved today ( No Axis Savings Account, Haven’t Submitted ITR/Salary slip )
Wondering what will be initial limit for my card, 10k will be way too embarrassing considering the limit for other cards laughing

Where is the option for it in Flipkart app.

Missing
suspended
207
393
8

Is fk axis card best?

Missing
Deal Major
7,072
23470
293
Expand
abhim25 wrote:

Where is the option for it in Flipkart app.


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/603805/original/Screenshot_20200130-123613__01.jpg?1580368030

Missing
Deal Major
7,072
23470
293

Instant card Processed but no info on credit limit. Guess I will have to wait until Physical card gets delivered
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/603824/original/IMG_20200130_184925__01__01.jpg?1580390586

@dev007

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
getready wrote:

Instant card Processed but no info on credit limit. Guess I will have to wait until Physical card gets delivered
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/603824/original/IMG_20200130_184925__01__01.jpg?1580390586

@dev007

Yeah, most probably you’ll have to see it printed on your card welcome letter.

You may give a try registering this card in their NetBanking maybe to see if it’s possible since you now have your card details for registering.

Missing
Deal Major
7,072
23470
293
Expand
dev007 wrote:

Yeah, most probably you’ll have to see it printed on your card welcome letter.

You may give a try registering this card in their NetBanking maybe to see if it’s possible since you now have your card details for registering.

Tried Axis Mobile Android App, not able to register without ATM Pin
Anyways they updated the credit limit now in Flipkart App itself, it is 32k (Already 590 charged..for Joining Fees + GST)

Missing
Deal Subedar
246
1945
22
Expand
getready wrote:

Tried Axis Mobile Android App, not able to register without ATM Pin
Anyways they updated the credit limit now in Flipkart App itself, it is 32k

Congratulations..! Atleast you didn’t get that dreaded 10k, though this 32k is so paltry. Hope they’ll double it soon

Missing