BALENO car insurance policy RENEWAL (suggest me best one)

189°
Deal Cadet
kool

Hi guys,

I have Baleno Delta Petrol 1.2 bought in April 2018 for ₹7 lakh on EMI+ loan. My 1st Policy was ICICI Lombard with Zero Depreciation for ₹16-17k , in 2nd year renewed same with ₹16k again. Now I have to renew 3rd time. Today I talked to ICICI cc and they are charging again 15-16k something with IDV value ₹5lakh.

Reliance General on Policy Bazar showing ₹12-13k , there was claim in 1st year only, and no claim in 2nd year. So guys suggest me which company I should choose for best benefit? Do I need Zero Dep ? I use my car only 5km day in city only (i.e PATNA) . Till now I have drove only 2500km in 2 years. In 1st year there was there was a major accident by another car, which already took benefit by zero dep by paying ₹1k. In 2nd year got minor scratches, but didnt take any service. So I hope I will get NCB.

- Should I add ZERO DEP in 3rd year ?
- Hows Digit, Acko, Reliance General ?
- How much IDV I should quote ?
- I never go out of the city, so I dont think I need road side assistant.
- Is it necessary to get car repaired by Policy Insured tie up Garage only ? Because my nearest Maruti Authorised SC is not showing in some insurance company.
- From where to buy policy ? ( Offline, Online, thru Maruti’s Agent )

My current policy is going to expire on 30 March 2020.

17 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
  • Sort By
Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

- Should I add ZERO DEP in 3rd year ? Take it and enjoy out of city trips before car turns 5yrs old. Else you car is underutilized!
5Kms is a walk-able distance, it may in fact damage car in long run, if you use just 5km at a time.
https://www.quora.com/Does-driving-your-car-a-s...

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Acko is good. Check prices both via Amazon & Direct.
They offer a higher IDV compared to other insurers, you can compare with others via Coverfox.
For calculating IDV, use the depreciation rule on ex-showroom price. Going above won’t be of any use, if god forbid you need to use your insurance.
Check if you have personal accident cover via your credit card, most good credit cards & group health insurance offer this. Don’t buy it if you already have it, its opt out and not opt in on some of these sites.

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

As a general rule lf thumb, get Zero dep insurance for cars less than 5 years old. The additional premium of 2-3k is well worth it considering the savings over comprehensive insurance even during a minor crash.

I have read good reviews about Digit but Acko reviews are not very confidence inspiring. I would suggest you to stick to good old insurance providers. Try Policybazaar and see if you can manage a good deal. Policybazaar has a habit of reducing the IDV to show cheaper premium. Reduce 10% from last years IDV and you are good to go.

You can also call the Insurance companies hotline and haggle. I have got much better premiums from customer care. I dont know if Royal Sundaram has coverage pan India but here in south , i have had good experience with them during claims.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

i am getting too many calls from policybazar, coverfox rage

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Based on my experience, I’d recommend New India Assurance

Cashless claim is an important thing to look for. So if New India Assurance got cashless claim services available in Maruti Authorised service centres near you, go for it. New India will be costlier but they got better settlement ratio. Try to find a local agent and compare the rates with online. Also New India Assurance policy can be purchased through Maruti’s Insurance, which almost surely will get you cashless claim services, but premium will be costlier compared to purchasing directly from New India or other online sites.

Setting higher IDV will not guarantee that you will get that much value in return in the case of vehicle total loss. Insurance companies have their own way of calculating the value irrespective of the value you put in the policy. Higher IDV will increase the premium, so just put 25k-50k more than the recommended IDV shown during the calculation.

And most important, Always choose ZERO DEPRECIATION.
Comes in handy when your kids love you so much or if you have some artsy neighbouring kids https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/605864/medium/65192967dFQBYe.jpg?1582155850
This is how your brain reason with once you go out of the sweet zero dep period https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/605865/original/6519296MuMovFY.jpg?1582155853

Pro Critic Pro Critic
Link Copied
kool wrote:

i am getting too many calls from policybazar, coverfox rage

Because you are smart enough to input your real phone number on these websites. Now enjoy!

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
sence wrote:

Based on my experience, I’d recommend New India Assurance

Cashless claim is an important thing to look for. So if New India Assurance got cashless claim services available in Maruti Authorised service centres near you, go for it. New India will be costlier but they got better settlement ratio. Try to find a local agent and compare the rates with online. Also New India Assurance policy can be purchased through Maruti’s Insurance, which almost surely will get you cashless claim services, but premium will be costlier compared to purchasing directly from New India or other online sites.

Setting higher IDV will not guarantee that you will get that much value in return in the case of vehicle total loss. Insurance companies have their own way of calculating the value irrespective of the value you put in the policy. Higher IDV will increase the premium, so just put 25k-50k more than the recommended IDV shown during the calculation.

And most important, Always choose ZERO DEPRECIATION.
Comes in handy when your kids love you so much or if you have some artsy neighbouring kids https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/605864/medium/65192967dFQBYe.jpg?1582155850
This is how your brain reason with once you go out of the sweet zero dep period https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/605865/original/6519296MuMovFY.jpg?1582155853

thanks bro

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Should I choose any of these service?

Free 24*7 Service!! (Up to 500KMS from your home location)

_ _

_1. Flat Battery _

_2. Spare Key _

_3. Flat Tyre _

_4. Minor Repairs _

_5. Towing Facility _

_6. Medical Coordination _

7. Urgent Message to Relatives.

8. Fuel Assistance

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

got insurance from reliance for ₹12k with zero depreciation.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

My car windscreen is broken and policy is also expired, can i gwt new policy and then claim

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
ashnamittaldiva239 wrote:

My car windscreen is broken and policy is also expired, can i gwt new policy and then claim

yup, the trick is to take the photo nicely wink

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
solarisx21 wrote:

Acko is good. Check prices both via Amazon & Direct.
They offer a higher IDV compared to other insurers, you can compare with others via Coverfox.
For calculating IDV, use the depreciation rule on ex-showroom price. Going above won’t be of any use, if god forbid you need to use your insurance.
Check if you have personal accident cover via your credit card, most good credit cards & group health insurance offer this. Don’t buy it if you already have it, its opt out and not opt in on some of these sites.

phir se insurance renew karana hai..

Which one is good for year 2021.

update: Total 5000km driven, this is 4th year now, last year no claim, previous insurer is reliance zero dep at 12k , but this year they are asking for Rs.13k. Any other insurer company which providing cheap premium ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
kool wrote:

phir se insurance renew karana hai..

Which one is good for year 2021.

update: Total 5000km driven, this is 4th year now, last year no claim, previous insurer is reliance zero dep at 12k , but this year they are asking for Rs.13k. Any other insurer company which providing cheap premium ?

I am still using Acko, via Amazon.
Acko Smart is interesting.
Contact insurers after getting quote from Acko and ask them for better rates

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
solarisx21 wrote:

I am still using Acko, via Amazon.
Acko Smart is interesting.
Contact insurers after getting quote from Acko and ask them for better rates

acko is Rs.13k for zero dep, and super saving zero dep is 8k

and reliance general zero dep is 12k.
Blogger Blogger
Link Copied
Expand
kool wrote:

phir se insurance renew karana hai..

Which one is good for year 2021.

update: Total 5000km driven, this is 4th year now, last year no claim, previous insurer is reliance zero dep at 12k , but this year they are asking for Rs.13k. Any other insurer company which providing cheap premium ?

Ping me if u want quotation

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hi guys,

My car Baleno is now 3 year old, 1st and 2nd year insurer company was ICICI by Maruti dealer, and in 3rd year I renewed insurance myself from policy bazar for ₹11k (Reliance General) instead ₹16k (ICICI) was asking by maruti dealer. So I took it for ₹11k Zero Dep.

Now within 30 days my policy is going to expire, on policybazar different insurer are providing zero dep from ₹8k. But today I enquired about my nearest most popular Maruti Service Center about insurance from PB, and they said, we provide insurance from 10-12 companies and if u will take insurance from us, you wont have to run here and there, only have to pay ₹1k claim charge. But If you will buy insurance outside or online, then only local garage are tieup with them, and you have to pay bill first, then estimate will be forwarded by me to insurance company and then they will decide how much they will credit money to my account. And its time taking process.

Now I am confused what should I do now, should I take from Maruti Dealer or online ?

How was your experience with online policy while claiming for your car damage ?

Missing