Hot Deal

Best Health Insurance?

404°
Finance Ninja
Tanmayyy

In 2019 i closed all the health insurance of all family members since Religare rejected claim for my father’s treatment.

Now I’m looking to get a health insurance again for 4 family members including myself. Please suggest some insurance companies that will atleast be a bit willing to help in the time of need(hopefully this won’t come).

Family members include my parents ans my sister.

Expired
61 Comments  |  
22 Dimers
  • Sort By
Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied
saxena_ wrote:

Religare is a reputated firm. What exact reason they gave for rejecting your father’s claim? How old was your policy? Had you disclosed all the pre existing diseases with them? Did you file a complaint?

Try to find the reason first. Who is to say the next company won’t do the same

My father had gotten admitted due to a kidney issue , policy was 10+ years old no claim in all those years. They rejected the claim saying the patient is in depression by mistaking a medical term the hospital wrote on the documents. The hospital head sent letters to them 3 times explaining it’s not depression but they wouldn’t listen and not only declined the claim but also said we will keep it noted with us that this patient is in depression. Had no choice but to close the policy.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Pardon me if u don’t agree, i would suggest you a govt policy instead of any private one, no matter what the claim settlement ratio is..
You should opt for sbi arogya plus policy, cheap, fixed premium lifetime, easy to get the policy, no tantrum while purchasing or claiming.

Many will not agree here, but still as per my experience, u can opt for arogya plus (u can also take top up).

If not sbi, then u can go wid new india, national insurance.

i have orintal insurance plolicy which is from pnb cust and group policy but in june i want to port in sbi aarogya 

i want to know if i take half of vlaim in this year will sbi give my port request ?

i have 2 lakh family floter polcy but i take claim of 50k and 10k for medicine

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied
Expand
s_u_r wrote:

i have orintal insurance plolicy which is from pnb cust and group policy but in june i want to port in sbi aarogya 

i want to know if i take half of vlaim in this year will sbi give my port request ?

i have 2 lakh family floter polcy but i take claim of 50k and 10k for medicine

Porting is possible only if u haven’t made any claim in ur existing policy, is what i was told by sbi.

I too failed to make port as i took claim in my previous star policy. So i just purchased a new one…still i suggest you to check with sbi cc for better and detailed clarity on your query..

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Star is the worst and HDFC is good according to a few patients I met in cancer hospitals. 

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

My father had gotten admitted due to a kidney issue , policy was 10+ years old no claim in all those years. They rejected the claim saying the patient is in depression by mistaking a medical term the hospital wrote on the documents. The hospital head sent letters to them 3 times explaining it’s not depression but they wouldn’t listen and not only declined the claim but also said we will keep it noted with us that this patient is in depression. Had no choice but to close the policy.

You should have gone to Consumer forum regarding this. You would have gotten your reimbursement by now.

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Any policy you purchase now will ask complete history and will have to disclose the surgery/major event happened, so they’ll definitely increase price.
Check clearly which clause the company gave as excuse and how you can ensure this doesn’t happen again in another policy

Cool Cool
Link Copied

@Tanmayyy it is a must to read all their TnC. For first few years, hardly there’s any claim unless accidental.
And they can trouble you easily if clause broken. This is also needed to filter fake claims that some people/hospital try to make.

Don’t you have any group/corporate policy from employer? That has very less exclusions and pre existing clauses in general

Link Copied
raman12 wrote:

@Tanmayyy it is a must to read all their TnC. For first few years, hardly there’s any claim unless accidental.
And they can trouble you easily if clause broken. This is also needed to filter fake claims that some people/hospital try to make.

Don’t you have any group/corporate policy from employer? That has very less exclusions and pre existing clauses in general

I’m self employed so don’t have corporate insurance.

Link Copied
Expand
bhopali91355 wrote:

You should have gone to Consumer forum regarding this. You would have gotten your reimbursement by now.

Didn’t have time to do such things bhai , father’s treatment took priority.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Well, I can see lots of suggestions/advertisements for the policy bazaar, I want to share my experience.

After seeing lots of advertisements i went for term insurance. choose 1 policy for 1 cr and paid money also. but the address was different with my bank account and different on aadhar card they messed up my policy with the wrong address wrong term insurance value and lots of other mistakes. they took half of my details and half of the other person’s details and messed it in the worst possible way. even after multiple emails and calls they never took me seriously. Their so-called stupid RM called me and instead of resolving the issue, put all blame on me, and then started selling me 2 new term insurance plans and a new health care policy. I cut his call, and that stupid RM called me 10 times in 1 day from different numbers selling new policies. at last, i told him that if he called again from any number, I will lodge FIR and he is going to regret his whole life for this. Finally, he stopped calling. The next day I complain to every possible higher official in email and told them clearly about RM also.  after one week he got removed from RM and the new guy became my RM. Policybazaar is a big-time scam. don’t believe any of the scams or don’t expect any support from them. Always ask everything in writing they will never send anything in the mail. no one cares. if you don’t want to face 1-month trauma, go directly with the provider.

Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Porting is possible only if u haven’t made any claim in ur existing policy, is what i was told by sbi.

I too failed to make port as i took claim in my previous star policy. So i just purchased a new one…still i suggest you to check with sbi cc for better and detailed clarity on your query..

will i port in private sector like hdfc or max bupa ( reassure policy) will they can take my port request

Link Copied
Expand
s_u_r wrote:

will i port in private sector like hdfc or max bupa ( reassure policy) will they can take my port request

Yes, if u haven’t take any claim in ur old policy.

Link Copied
saxena_ wrote:

Religare is a reputated firm. What exact reason they gave for rejecting your father’s claim? How old was your policy? Had you disclosed all the pre existing diseases with them? Did you file a complaint?

Try to find the reason first. Who is to say the next company won’t do the same

@Tanmayyy;
is bare me thoda btaye

Link Copied
Expand
Tanmayyy wrote:

can u dm their reply after hiding personal details?

Link Copied
Expand
kukdookoo wrote:

can u dm their reply after hiding personal details?

Don’t have the docs with me right now , as i am not home.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Hows Tata Aig ? 

Link Copied
Expand
kartikxxx wrote:

Yes, if u haven’t take any claim in ur old policy.

i take it in current year 

Link Copied
Expand
s_u_r wrote:

i take it in current year 

Then i dont think u can port.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Confused between Niva ReAssure (550/month) and Star Comprehensive (690/month).

Should I go with Niva?
Points I m concerned about –
1. Hassle free claim settlement.
2. Since Premium is different for different locations, can we claim insurance PAN INDIA?
3. Network hospitals are decent for both, would you recommend NIVA Bupa over STAR?

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Bro why u not port the policy instead of cancellation?

Link Copied
Sins1995 wrote:

Should I go with Niva?
2. Since Premium is different for different locations, can we claim insurance PAN INDIA?
3. Network hospitals are decent for both, would you recommend NIVA Bupa over STAR?

Both are pan india coverage. I would recommend Niva Bupa for it’s unlimited reset benefit that covers same illness for same person.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Sins1995 wrote:

Should I go with Niva?

Have u taken hdfc ergo into consideration?

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Expand
Paris_AI wrote:

Have u taken hdfc ergo into consideration?

Haven’t checked it.
Which of its plan is at par with above-mentioned?

Edit – HDFC Ergo not showing in PolicyBazaar

Deal Captain Deal Captain
Link Copied

Niva bupa reasssure plan

Benefit is they restore your amount n number of times

For ex if u have base policy of 5 lac and u claim 5lac first time and again get admitted you can again claim for 5 lac and so on

If it goes above 5 lac in a single claim then only u need to pay amount from your pocket

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Abhinav_Pune wrote:

Niva bupa reasssure plan

Benefit is they restore your amount n number of times

For ex if u have base policy of 5 lac and u claim 5lac first time and again get admitted you can again claim for 5 lac and so on

If it goes above 5 lac in a single claim then only u need to pay amount from your pocket

Is there any waiting period between 2 claims?

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Sins1995 wrote:

Should I go with Niva?

1) T.B.H. this is insurance industry, everyone wants to make money. They will definitely point out something or other while claim processing. If everything is true, correct and on point from your end you can expect the smooth claim settlement from any company.

2) This depends from company to company and even policy to policy. In case of Reassure, you can claim your insurance Pan India without any co-payment provided your address in your address proof is same as address provided in the policy.

3) These network hospitals change anytime. No one can comment on it. Sometimes the hospital is shown in the network list but their contract would be ended. So in such cases you cannot avail cashless facility but you can avail reimbursement of your hospitalisation from registered hospital.

Cool Cool
Link Copied
Expand
Sins1995 wrote:

Is there any waiting period between 2 claims?

No waiting period between 2 claims. Even you can take claim for same illness.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
Sins1995 wrote:

Should I go with Niva?

Bought Niva Bupa Health ReAssure (Direct) from PolicyBazaar.
Thanks all for help. pray

replyuser
Click here to reply