Best router for 300mbps internet

55°
Deal Cadet
186
454
7

I am planning to upgrade my internet from 75 to 300mbps due to low speed in office work. Which router should i buy ? My dir819 does not support I guess such higher speeds. Please recommend something in a bit cheaper.

14 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
65
1511
7

If opting for 300mbps connection be sure to check whether your routers all ports(lan and wan) are gigabit or not.

186
454
7
jambui wrote:

budget?
area to be covered?

Budget is 1.5 k but not sure if something I can get. area 2bhk house.

81
7151
90
Expand
carez wrote:

Budget is 1.5 k but not sure if something I can get. area 2bhk house.

No router will be available in 1.5k which will give you full 300mbps. You need a gigabyte router with atleast ac1750 and 4 antennas to cover 2 bhk. Like Tplink A7 but even than the range and speed may vary as per your house.

Whats your isp name. May be ask them if they can provide good fibre ont/onu router which will be cheap but still above 3k.

I’m using 300mbps and setup mesh router in every room but still it misses upload in another room.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/683184/medium/76084706-C58303-C-ABA4-4-C54-AF5-A-45-AD503-BD542.jpg?1620229251
planned parenthood beaverton

95
1272
27

What work you do bro which requires so much of speed ?

I mean 75 is also doable and works fine work WFH things.

674
5342
57
M.MAHI wrote:

What work you do bro which requires so much of speed ?

I mean 75 is also doable and works fine work WFH things.

Maybe he has multiple PCs at work each using at least 10-15mbps & there are 4-5 people using simultaneously.

95
1272
27
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

Maybe he has multiple PCs at work each using at least 10-15mbps & there are 4-5 people using simultaneously.

I alone use 3 RDP with extended work hour plus Family usage for TV, mobile , etc.

Still 70 works altogether fine without any lag or buffer while using corp apps.

186
454
7
Expand
M.MAHI wrote:

I alone use 3 RDP with extended work hour plus Family usage for TV, mobile , etc.

Still 70 works altogether fine without any lag or buffer while using corp apps.

Multiple connections and different rooms with connection drops. Otherwise 75 is good enough if everyone gets it.

69
1097
5
Expand
carez wrote:

Budget is 1.5 k but not sure if something I can get. area 2bhk house.

Gigabit router is what you need. 1.5k maybe in sale during diwali not now.
Best option was archer c6 which was 1699 during march end closing.

Get this for 1.9k instead with coupon. Also sbi yono/ap card offer to get in 1800.
Mercusys is sub brand of tp-link so buy with closed eyes. You can check yt for review.
300mbps it can easily achieve.

https://www.amazon.in/Mercusys-AC1200-Wireless-...

186
454
7
Expand
jambui wrote:

Gigabit router is what you need. 1.5k maybe in sale during diwali not now.
Best option was archer c6 which was 1699 during march end closing.

Get this for 1.9k instead with coupon. Also sbi yono/ap card offer to get in 1800.
Mercusys is sub brand of tp-link so buy with closed eyes. You can check yt for review.
300mbps it can easily achieve.

https://www.amazon.in/Mercusys-AC1200-Wireless-...

Thanks a lot. I saw this one ok sale 2 days back but was not sure if this will work
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjno5...=

186
454
7
Expand
jambui wrote:

wont give you more than 95mbps as it got only 100mbps port. AC5 model.

thank you. it was a good decision not to buy.

186
454
7

Finally bought c6 with Amazon vouchers. Good so far giving full 300 mbps

71
112
1

How routers work on fibre connection.

I think you are using ONU also

I prefer Syrotech double bant ont.

Missing